What Does YOUR DCL magnetic door sign look like? Part II

Yes, the circle is 7 1/2 in.

Here are the ears I used for our cabin. The ears should be about 4 1/2 across at the widest part. Just save to your pc and print.

mickeyears.jpg

Below you can see how they looked on my sister's cabin door.

PC070013.jpg

We still have not stepped foot onto the Big Red boat, but we set sail on 9/5-9/12. Last week we started (yes i said started, we have about doubled the amout in the picture) printing our magnets. I figured I would post and get everyones opinions.

P8150010.jpg

I would love to get some feedback

Michael

GREAT DOOR SIGNS!

You will have a lot of fun and attract a lot of attention with your door! :woohoo:

I have not heard anyone say Big Red Boat in a long time. It was Premiere Cruise Line (they are actually small compared to the Cruise ships of today--we saw one in Nassau that sorely needed dry dock).

As I heard it, Disney did the entertainment on them in the 1970s (I think--correct me, someone will know). And when there were problems with the rooms or food the guests complained to Disney but they were only doing characters and maybe some shows. Since they could not fix the problems they chose to not renew their contract and started work on
:cool1: Disney Cruise Line. :banana:
So now they are incharge of everything and can make it all good :yay:

GREAT DOOR SIGNS!

You will have a lot of fun and attract a lot of attention with your door! :woohoo:

I have not heard anyone say Big Red Boat in a long time. It was Premiere Cruise Line (they are actually small compared to the Cruise ships of today--we saw one in Nassau that sorely needed dry dock).

As I heard it, Disney did the entertainment on them in the 1970s (I think--correct me, someone will know). And when there were problems with the rooms or food the guests complained to Disney but they were only doing characters and maybe some shows. Since they could not fix the problems they chose to not renew their contract and started work on
:cool1: Disney Cruise Line. :banana:
So now they are incharge of everything and can make it all good :yay:

WOW, i was shocked to see someone respond to one of our pictures from last year.

The door is based on a 7.5 inch circle... here is one of my cruise mates from our first cruise. He makes alot of different door "Ears". He does not have the time to personalize them but her does an outstanding job of making everything look perfect.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891

Michael

Hey everyone! First time cruiser here... I was wondering; do DIS'ers still decorate their doors with magnets? I've seen a few posts saying that the number has dropped and a lot of the posts I've read are from at least two years ago, so I thought I'd ask. :) We're going on our first Disney Cruise in May and I thought it would be fun to make some magnets and do a fish extender. Are there specific threads for different cruises to organize the fish extender list or is someone usually in charge of it?

Hey everyone! First time cruiser here... I was wondering; do DIS'ers still decorate their doors with magnets? I've seen a few posts saying that the number has dropped and a lot of the posts I've read are from at least two years ago, so I thought I'd ask. :) We're going on our first Disney Cruise in May and I thought it would be fun to make some magnets and do a fish extender. Are there specific threads for different cruises to organize the fish extender list or is someone usually in charge of it?

Oh yes!!!! In fact on my cruise 2 weeks ago (10/30-11/6) had THE MOST amount of decorated doors I'd ever seen!!! It was awesome! Defintiely do magnets!!

For the Fish Extender, look in your meets thread (find it in the sticky for your ship at the top of the Meets board) to see how it is being organized. yes, one person is needed to run it to keep a list of participants.

HAVE FUN!!! :thumbsup2

So many of the images have been removed --any helpful souls around to help me do the "cast member" badges? I'd love to put those on our door!!!

Thanks!

First Time Disney Cruiser here and I was wondering if there are any of the wonderfully talented DISigners out there that could help me (a very creatively challenged newbie) with personalizing a few magnets. Any guidance appreciated... :worship:

First Time Disney Cruiser here and I was wondering if there are any of the wonderfully talented DISigners out there that could help me (a very creatively challenged newbie) with personalizing a few magnets. Any guidance appreciated... :worship:

This is a fairly old thread so I was surprised to see it pop back up again (it also explains why a lot of the images have been deleted over time). I might be able to help out though (I've done a few pieces for others in the past). What did you have in mind? Are there any specific characters, ideas or images that you’re looking for?

Below is a link into a PhotoBucket album of some of the magnets we used when we were last aboard the Magic. Maybe some of these will spark a thought or two.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/RuledByVenus/Blanks/Magic July09/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

This is a fairly old thread so I was surprised to see it pop back up again (it also explains why a lot of the images have been deleted over time). I might be able to help out though (I've done a few pieces for others in the past). What did you have in mind? Are there any specific characters, ideas or images that you’re looking for?

Below is a link into a PhotoBucket album of some of the magnets we used when we were last aboard the Magic. Maybe some of these will spark a thought or two.

http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv185/RuledByVenus/Blanks/Magic July09/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Wow, thank you for sharing your wonderful pictures! I really like your magnets. If possible I did like the "Cruisin the Magic" style one - would you be able to personalize it with "The Linares Family" and "Cruisin on the Wonder - April 10-17,2011"? Also the "Thanks" magnet - personalized for The Wonder with our family name, Mexican Riviera and dates? Last (I hope it is not asking too much) but the framed pirate princess mouse ears with Minnie are adorable - could I get that with "Lauren" on it? I would be most appreciative.:yay:
My plan was to print these on the magnetic paper - unless you have some words of wisdom to share on some other better alternative...

Thank you so much!

Hi- LOVE your magnetic door signs too! I was curious if you were still doing these? We just booked our first Disney cruise and are so excited! If you are willing, I would LOVE the Cruisin the Magic sign with the names- Joe, Sandy, Emma. Dates- Nov. 10-17, 2012

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sandy

Hi- LOVE your magnetic door signs too! I was curious if you were still doing these? We just booked our first Disney cruise and are so excited! If you are willing, I would LOVE the Cruisin the Magic sign with the names- Joe, Sandy, Emma. Dates- Nov. 10-17, 2012

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sandy

I think that can be arranged. I’ll send you a private message is a little bit and we can start working out the details.

We just came back from our first cruise (3/26-4/2/11) and this was my first attempt at the magnets. I bought a 5 inch laminating machine so most of the pictures had to be cut in 1/2 to fit through. Next time I am just gonna go with magnetic paper and print them on there.

The mickey pirate hat was my very first one, hence the tip missing and it being slightly askew...LOL!

DisneyCruise011.jpg

The "You Are Here" one is two-part...I laminated the itinerary map. Then I printed out a smaller version of the Magic, laminated and placed a separate magnet on the back of it. I moved the ship throughout the cruise showing where we were on that day. If we had been gone most of the day, other cruisers were kind enough to make sure our ship was in its proper place.:lmao:

Most of the pre-made DISigns came from Jordak and Milliepie!!! Thank you for sharing your disigns!!

This is a close-up of one designed myself:

DisneyCruise012.jpg

It was so much fun! I forgot to take another picture at the end of the cruise of the additional magnets we received thanks to the magnificent FE gifts. One said "I participated in the FE gift exchange and all I got was this cheesy magnet?!" LMAO!!!!:lmao::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter