What does park reservation mean?

I’m a DVC owner with a reservation for October at BWV. I didn’t buy tickets yet because I’m trying to add on days and I didn’t feel there was any urgency to do so before. I did have restaurant reservations.

I just got an email from Disney saying the following. Is it possible they’re treating DVC owners as having tickets even if they didn’t buy them yet? :

However, because you have valid Theme Park admission, you will have access to the Theme Park reservation system before new tickets are sold to other Guests.

I sure wish I read your post or saw the email before I shelled out for tickets! :dance3:

Anyway, at least I have them, and can put them towards another trip, if necessary.

I sure wish I read your post or saw the email before I shelled out for tickets! :dance3:

Anyway, at least I have them, and can put them towards another trip, if necessary.

Better to be safe than to find out you got the mass email that went to cash guests who do have tickets and find out later..,ooops..nope.

Wonder where my email is - I have an AP the doesn't expire until December and I also have an October reservation at BWV.

We're booked for Dec, and have APs that haven't been activated yet. DW received the email late last night (Pacific time). I don't receive it until about 30 min ago. Obviously, they're going out in batches. But how they're pulling the data isn't obvious.

Steve

I have an AP and a July DVC reservation and I received my email at 11:30 today.

Should have looked here first...I literally just asked in another forum if anyone in this situation received an e-mail. We are APs and have a July 18th stay, but have not received an e-mail yet. With all these changes, I'm just worried we won't show in the system when it comes time to make park reservations. :scared:

Our reservation is for July 26 to August 2, we ordered the Gold AP before the price increase few months ago. I made all my FP reservations first thing Wednesday morning before all the announcements. I am hoping we will still be able to go. If I read it correct, the resort hotels don't even have a re-opening date set yet. I think us DVC members staying on site will be very first group that can make park reservation.
I am a DVC member with confirmed reservations for beginning of Oct. I also have an AP. I just received a notice that all fast passes (I don't have any as too soon) have been cancelled as well as dining reservations. They said they will give me first dibs on park reservations by email before they open to public. so I would guess all fastpasses are now history

I am a DVC member with confirmed reservations for beginning of Oct. I also have an AP. I just received a notice that all fast passes (I don't have any as too soon) have been cancelled as well as dining reservations. They said they will give me first dibs on park reservations by email before they open to public. so I would guess all fastpasses are now history

yes fastpasses, dining reservations, the dining plans are all canceled or will be. A lot of work and now it’s gone. I’ve had 3 WDW reservations canceled along with dining and FP, and moonlight reservations so it’s tough, but after the first time, I’ve gotten numb to it all. Also had a cruise canceled and will be canceling my b2b cruises soon.

I have a Sept reservation and I have an AP and haven't received an email yet :(

We are at BWV 8/9-21 but only myself and my daughter have AP’s right now as she and I went in February. So am I not going to be able to get my husband one as planned? Obviously we can’t go if that’s the case.

I suspect that the truth of this is even broader than we may suspect. If you're booked at a DVC resort, I suspect we're being counted in the park counts regardless of current ticket status. We are AP holders as well, and received the email today that everybody else got, but my gut tells me it has more to do with our DVC status and reservation than it has to do with our APs.

The more time that passes, the more I'm starting to think that it may be only the deluxes with a DVC component that are even open the first day, with the possible exception of Carribean Beach, mostly because of the SkyLiner. Just a gut feeling

We are at BWV 8/9-21 but only myself and my daughter have AP’s right now as she and I went in February. So am I not going to be able to get my husband one as planned? Obviously we can’t go if that’s the case.

It has been reported that someone was able to go through the DVC website link and order the Gold AP voucher today. Might want to try!

I have a boardwalk Dvc reservation in oct also and would love to here how this works out since my daughter has an AP and I Don have any ticket always just buy them when I arrive !

I have a boardwalk Dvc reservation in oct also and would love to here how this works out since my daughter has an AP and I Don have any ticket always just buy them when I arrive !

I am going to assume that one will need a ticket attached in order to reserve a park day. So, it may mean needing to buy ahead of time,

What I wonder is if some of the guests on a reservation and some don’t, if there will be an option to buy while you are reserving your days

I am going to assume that one will need a ticket attached in order to reserve a park day. So, it may mean needing to buy ahead of time,

What I wonder is if some of the guests on a reservation and some don’t, if there will be an option to buy while you are reserving your days
Great point! Also with dvc the names are known to them in the group will they deny entry or ticket purchase to split up families?

Great point! Also with dvc the names are known to them in the group will they deny entry or ticket purchase to split up families?

Again, logic tells me that everyone on the reservation will get in...similar to how Moonlight magic is,,,once they accept you in queue to order, you will get the entire party.

I made sure that all my reservations have all my guests listed now. I sometimes wait, but wanted to be sure it was set so when I can book our August trip, they know how many are there.

Again, logic tells me that everyone on the reservation will get in...similar to how Moonlight magic is,,,once they accept you in queue to order, you will get the entire party.

I made sure that all my reservations have all my guests listed now. I sometimes wait, but wanted to be sure it was set so when I can book our August trip, they know how many are there.
I still have to add one wasn’t sure of her schedule will do it now I guesd

I still have to add one wasn’t sure of her schedule will do it now I guesd

I added my DD who is a CM that may join us. Not sure as she works in NYC for Disney Theater and come August, they could be gearing back up for the Broadway shows to resume.,since she deals with marketing, it could be crazy,

But, wanted her to at least be included. Now that we can’t do dining plans anyway, it’s not a big deal!

So, I just got some information from a very good friend who is a TA..she said they are told things are changing all the time.

First, they will be refunding the park hopper option to people and will not be offering that as an option in the future . So, as of today, people will be allowed into one park per day.

Second, there is no guarantee you will get into a park every day of a trip or that the choice you are given will be your first choice, Now, she does deal with cash guests, so I don’t know if there will be tweaks for DVC reservations or not.

If someone has tickets and can’t get into parks for every day of the trip, you would receive a refund for those days...ie. If you have a 5 day ticket and end up in the parks only 3 days, you get a 2 day refund.

They did not get info on when this will be rolled out and we’re told to tell clients that things are changing and that what was said today could be modified tomorrow if they can make it better...or need to be more restrictive.

Not the best news..more questions..,and we just have to wait to see how it goes for DVC,

She gave me more info about other things and I am going to add to a different thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter