What does park reservation mean?

So, I just got some information from a very good friend who is a TA..she said they are told things are changing all the time.

First, they will be refunding the park hopper option to people and will not be offering that as an option in the future . So, as of today, people will be allowed into one park per day.

Second, there is no guarantee you will get into a park every day of a trip or that the choice you are given will be your first choice, Now, she does deal with cash guests, so I don’t know if there will be tweaks for DVC reservations or not.

If someone has tickets and can’t get into parks for every day of the trip, you would receive a refund for those days...ie. If you have a 5 day ticket and end up in the parks only 3 days, you get a 2 day refund.

They did not get info on when this will be rolled out and we’re told to tell clients that things are changing and that what was said today could be modified tomorrow if they can make it better...or need to be more restrictive.

Not the best news..more questions..,and we just have to wait to see how it goes for DVC,

She gave me more info about other things and I am going to add to a different thread!
Thank you for the info. Certainly not the news that I welcome but it’s informative nonetheless.

I wonder how they intend to refund hopping and unused days? Wait in a socially distanced line at guest services to get your refund? Fill out a online form and hope to get your refund...eventually? Forgive me if I come across as a pessimist but that’s my nature. This sounds like a major headache for both guests and CMs.

Thank you for the info. Certainly not the news that I welcome but it’s informative nonetheless.

I wonder how they intend to refund hopping and unused days? Wait in a socially distanced line at guest services to get your refund? Fill out a online form and hope to get your refund...eventually? Forgive me if I come across as a pessimist but that’s my nature. This sounds like a major headache for both guests and CMs.

I get it. I think this is so much that they themselves do not know. Maybe it will be credit to the account, Remember, for cash guests, they will know this ahead of time and so refunding will Be easy,

DVC..not so much. Maybe we will get lucky and they will allow those with DVC reservations to be the first ones to take a crack at it,

I suspect that the truth of this is even broader than we may suspect. If you're booked at a DVC resort, I suspect we're being counted in the park counts regardless of current ticket status. We are AP holders as well, and received the email today that everybody else got, but my gut tells me it has more to do with our DVC status and reservation than it has to do with our APs.

The more time that passes, the more I'm starting to think that it may be only the deluxes with a DVC component that are even open the first day, with the possible exception of Carribean Beach, mostly because of the SkyLiner. Just a gut feeling

Uncanny. As DVC Members and AP holders, this is the exact measured assumption and conversation I've had with our family for our upcoming July trip for our group of 12. I hope we're both right.

Got email this morning about the new park reservation system as it relates to annual passes. Do not know if its is same as mentioned above. Email sends you to an online update of the AP policies adopted, https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...237860|274187429&cid=PDM204429&bid=1100943182.

Though that update provides little on the actual reservation system, it does indicate that reserving park entries will be something done in advance and that it is likely you will not be able to get into a park every day that you are at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter