What Does Free Dining Mean

I was wondering the same thing. I think bookings are softer than they were expecting, most likely due to the massive price increases that have priced out a lot of people.

I don't know about you but I couldn't get any affordable availability to pull up for the dates I tried (out of curiosity, not looking to book). The cheapest I got was a club level suite at CSR.

Not sure what Free Dining has to do with crowd size... but if that means less people and more ride time, I'm all in. Vacation is already paid for, so we're committed. Can't wait!

I think they always intended to offer free dining. The way I see it, it’s a huge money maker for them.

People book like crazy at inflated rack rates and they take their perceived savings and book a slew of extras, like dessert parties and extra ADR’s and then in the end, they go home with a ton of extra unused credits. It’s a win for everyone.

So sad...the week we are going is excluded😭 We arrive on 11/28 and leave on 12/7. What are the chances of booking 8-9 months out and hitting the exact dates that are excluded, lol.🙃

Last edited:
It ends 3 days before we get there and the 1000 we wouldn’t save would be earn up in flight transfer fees

Wonder why they removed BLT from the resorts that offer it, when they gave it as a resort in January for free dining.

I actually just extended my trip for 5 days. We are renting points for 5, so we are going early in a cabin with free dining. 3 adults, upgraded for $250 to reg plan, so we can take advantage of food and resting at the Fort for 5 days. The system was really slow, and I got a message that it was no longer available, hit the back button and tried again and it went through. They tell you the system is down but what that really means is that it can't handle the volume but you may be able to sneak through. That's what I did. I'm happy with it. We need this trip!

I think they always intended to offer free dining. The way I see it, it’s a huge money maker for them.

People book like crazy at inflated rack rates and they take their perceived savings and book a slew of extras, like dessert parties and extra ADR’s and then in the end, they go home with a ton of extra unused credits. It’s a win for everyone.
This is so true.

It means that hotel bookings were down so they want to entice everyone to come back. To hedge their promotion they increased the rack rate of some (or most) rooms and released several promotions on the same day. If I hadn't already had a room booked for my Fall trip to which I could apply the AP discount, I would have had to spend more money when booking yesterday.

It means that hotel bookings were down so they want to entice everyone to come back. To hedge their promotion they increased the rack rate of some (or most) rooms and released several promotions on the same day. If I hadn't already had a room booked for my Fall trip to which I could apply the AP discount, I would have had to spend more money when booking yesterday.
This! I found availability to be awful, looking at different dates, so definitely only some rooms in some resorts in some dates that have not booked well. They put out an offer, get people enticed, looking at a Disney vacation and then they fill whatever has not sold well.

Uh, Thanksgiving? Chances are very good that wouldn’t be included. 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter