What do you wish you had done more of/less of on your cruise?

momtotwinglesx4

DIS Veteran
I'm going on the 5 night Baja cruise on the Wonder in less than 2 weeks, just myself and my adult daughter - just booked it a few days ago, so I'm scrambling to make plans.

When I've come home from previous Disney cruises, I always find myself wishing I had spent more time doing this or that, and less time doing something else.

How do you like to spend your time on Disney cruises?

More time relaxing and less time doing things.
You can over-schedule yourself, there by not getting the cruise feeling.
If you are the type of person who must always be on the go, then by all means go for it.
If you feel like you are missing out on something then you need to set your priorities for what is most important to you and schedule yourself for those things first.

More time on a lounger -- either at the pool or on Deck 4.

Have so much fun! If you are going with your adult daughter, you should be able to do all that you want to do without having to worry about keeping track of young children, etc. Enjoy every minute!

I agree with veranda enjoying, but also listening to music is atrium or wherever.

We always seem to worry about what to do on shore excursions and planning...I'd rather try to wing it more and relax. I overpack and overdress lol

We are On this March 2019/. Please tell us how you enjoyed it. And have a great time!

I wish we actually tried out the pool/hot tub in the adults' only area.

What I wish I spent less time on: those dang 3D crafts. Not by my choice, that's for sure! I'm not an artsy/craftsy person to begin with, and I don't mind the more unique crafts/keepsakes (the Mardis Gras masks on the Wonder, the button pins, tile coasters), but if I have to cut out a tiny hand for one of those 3D characters one more time...

I wish I'd eaten (a little) less. I wish I'd spent less time doing washing, but that's a necessary evil (albeit not helped by me putting clothes in the tumble dryer, getting distracted by another guest and walking out of the laundry without pressing "start"). I wish we'd tried to do more half-day Port Adventures to give us extra time on the ship.

I wish we'd spent less time trying to race to different events / activities. For some reason, the scheduling just seemed really off in terms of what we wanted to see and do, especially the "adults only" timeslots. We should have just picked one or two "must dos" and ignored the rest, despite our desire to try and get "value for money".

From our first cruise...a LOT less time standing in line for character photos. Several cruises later - we've figured out a good system for getting photos...and it helps that daughter doesn't want princess photos any more.

Last edited:
These are great! Thanks for your responses, I love hearing them! As for the eating less - no way! For me, that's one of the best parts about the cruise - all that food! :D I'm not a great cook, so eating out is always a treat for me!

One of my regrets in the past has been not relaxing more in the adults-only areas, but now that my daughter is 21, and none of the younger kids are with us this time, we should have plenty of time for that!

I also want to try some more of the game-type activities, like trivia. Last time we cruised, our family discovered shuffle board, and we played that every day - so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter