What do you think the chances are (re: Free Dining & Mermaid Room)?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
I currently have Little Mermaid room at AOA booked for Dec 15-21.

IF - big IF - Free dining becomes available - what do you think my chances are of keeping the Mermaid room?
I know these rooms are sell outs, so do you think I will end up having to go to another resort to get the free dining promo?

Has anyone heard of anyone getting free dining with a mermaid room?

I'd say your chances are slim to none. Those rooms fill quickly without any promotion so there's no need to incentivize them. If you want to stay at a value and get free dining (if offered) you're likely going to have to move to All Star Music, Sports, or Pop.

Those rooms are always excluded from ALL promotions. They don't even extend the military discount to those rooms.

Thanks - I do suspect we will have free dining or a room discount, so maybe I will go secure a preferred Pop room while available :)

Thanks - I do suspect we will have free dining or a room discount, so maybe I will go secure a preferred Pop room while available :)

Reserving a room now does not increase your chances of getting a room with free dining once offered. In other words, free dining is offered only for a set number of rooms at Pop. You'll still have to call and change your reservation before the resort reaches the limit. Having a reservation already doesn't put you first in line for free dining. Only reason to book now is if you'll keep the reservation regardless of specials coming out later.

Reserving a room now does not increase your chances of getting a room with free dining once offered. In other words, free dining is offered only for a set number of rooms at Pop. You'll still have to call and change your reservation before the resort reaches the limit. Having a reservation already doesn't put you first in line for free dining. Only reason to book now is if you'll keep the reservation regardless of specials coming out later.
Yeah I know that, but figure it can't hurt to secure a room I like and fingers crossed to get it switched to free dining :)

Yeah, there's zero chance of little mermaid rooms getting free dining. They are just too popular. Makes you wonder: why don't they build more of those?

Yea I don't understand why ppl think booking in advance improves their chances of getting in on free dining, discounts are done to fill rooms if rooms are easily filled no discounts..lol
Yea the LM rooms have been excluded from all discounts since they opened...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!