What do you receive from DVC as a resale buyer?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
I am a previous resale buyer back in 2015 and I believe we received a little packet from DVC with a magnet (can't recall if there was anything else we received).

I'm just curious what, if anything, do new resale buyers receive after closing. Do you just receive info for activating the account?

No swag or anything. I don't even think we got a magnet (July 2017). After we bought 25 direct though we got a tote bag, and a small lithograph. Resale purchasers don't get anything these days to the best of my knowledge.

I am a previous resale buyer back in 2015 and I believe we received a little packet from DVC with a magnet (can't recall if there was anything else we received).

I'm just curious what, if anything, do new resale buyers receive after closing. Do you just receive info for activating the account?
Absolutely nothing. I called MS to see if I should have gotten any documents (or swag) directly from them and the answer was "No"

I bought resale in 2008 and got nothing, which was expected. I added on 50 points direct in 2011 and didn't receive anything except the paperwork...no tote bag, no magnet...nothing. So my expectations of free things from DVC were low from the onset and they have consistently met my expectations:teeth:.

We bought resale in 2012 and got two magnets like this shortly thereafter
il_794xN.1442944003_sipk.jpg

A few months ago we got a new member pride magnet.
s-l640.jpg

The old DVC cared more about the DVC members, even resale buyers. The new DVC dislikes resale buyers so they get nothing.

:earsboy: Bill

Maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but I bought resale in Spring of 2018 and received a welcome packet with the white oval magnets shown above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter