What do you mean you have to work? March PTR Updates 3/10

ljcrochet

DIS Veteran
I should have started this pre-trip report a while ago.
We decided to go to Disney for my girls spring break. Figure we should go to disney with our girls when they still want to go.

Here we are on our Christmas cruise on the Disney Fantasy.

DD1 and DD2 are twins. They are Freshman in high school. We moved from Long Island, New York to Southern Florida about a year and a half go. We are loving the Florida life.

We are staying at Boardwalk Villa's for the week. Hopefully it goes smoothly. Our first trip to WDW after we moved to Florida, we had one night book at Boardwalk and one night at SSR. While in the car driving up, we got a call asking us if we wouldn't mind getting moved to the villas at Grand Floridian since we had Magic Kingdom fast passes. DD2 loves VGF so we said sure. Stay was uneventful till we checked out and checked our folio and saw we were charged for parking. Had to call DVC member services to get it taken off.

Christmas week we came back to Port Canaveral on 12/28 ( the Saturday after christmas). Since we were not picking up the dogs till monday, we decided on the 26th or the 27th to see what rooms we could get with our points. We booked one night at Boardwalk in the view that is more points and the 2nd night at SSR. We got a call about an hour or 2 later that they need to downgrade our view. Which was fine till we got home and had points that we borrowed for the the "view" in holding. DVC has special rules for holding points. So had to call to get the points fixed.

Our annual passes had expired christmas day, and I could not figure out how to renew all 4 online with the spoty cellular service we had on castaway key. So here we are the during the busiest time going without fastpasses. I had also told my family we were downgrading our passes since who wants to go Christmas or Easter week. Opps.

Last edited:
Last Spring break trip, we went to Universal. At the time Universal had a deal on Florida resident annual passes. They would be good for 18 months. It was only $60 more than the 2 day 2 park ticket to get the AP. Since Hagrids was not open, i figured we would want to go back. Well it turns out my girls are disney girls and they don't like universal. But we have these passes so we have to go. First we were going to go one day during our trips. Or maybe before we come home. Then decided since girls were off from school on Friday we would go then.

FIL tells us he has some DVC points that are going to expire and he doesn't want to take a single night trip so we use his points and add a night to our trip. At this point we have one night at universal, staying on their property for the front of the line pass, 7 nights at a 1 bedroom villa at boardwalk, followed by one night at a studio at SSR.

We made our FP+, then changed them when MFSM was added, changed again when Mickey and Minnie's railroad was available as a fastpass option.

ADRs made and changed. DH is doing 36-44 hour fast, that right now he wants to continue on the trip, so eating saturday, fast sunday, eat monday, etc. So right now we pretty much have a late breakfast booked every other day. You will have to wait for the trip report to see what we actually do.

DH has to go to Miami for a day in the middle of our trip. At first he wasn't sure if it was for one day or 2. As of now he is flying down in the morning. We had Topolino terrance booked for breakfast but we cancelled it. The girls and I aren't going to try out a new breakfast without DH. DH and I might try it on our summer trip without the girls since we are staying at Riviera.

So we have one night at Universal, a week at a 1 bedroom at boardwalk, and one night at SSR.

I got a text from DH asking if I wanted to switch the universal night to the end instead of the beginning. Any guesses on why?

Yep DH has to go out of town the week before our trip. He will be flying directly to Orlando. We were able to switch SSR to the beginning of the trip and move our Universal stay to the end. We are now staying at Hard rock.

As of now the girls and I are driving up on Friday. I'm thinking we will all go drop of the dogs and hit the road.
Not sure what park we will go to or where we will eat. I think depending when DH joins us, I might run the numbers and see if it with Disney math it makes sense to do the new dining plan for the one night.

What do you think? Dining plan or no dining plan? As of now ( unless DH changed something) we have Crystal palace for brunch and Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria.

Joining in! Sounds like a great trip. Stinks that your DH has to work but at least you were able to change your plans around.

How does he go so long without eating?? I would be beyond grumpy.

The new dining plan sounds like a good value if you use all the credits for table service!

Joining in! Sounds like a great trip. Stinks that your DH has to work but at least you were able to change your plans around.

How does he go so long without eating?? I would be beyond grumpy.

The new dining plan sounds like a good value if you use all the credits for table service!
Welcome! I'm always glad when I'm not talking to myself.

Dh ( and I) are doing Alternate day fasting (ADF). We try for 36 hours . My average fast this week was 41.8 hours. I started with 16 hour fast. Once you start fasting, it very easy if you do a clean fast. During my fast, I only have black coffee, tea or water. Before we started the ADF I was basically doing 20 hour fast with one big meal and some snacks each day.

Last edited:
Should we cancel our buffets? Or stick with them?

Right now the plan is
the girls and I will drop off the dogs and hit the road. So some time between 9-11am. Drive is around 3 hours without stopping. Somehow we always stop.
S wants to go to Animal Kingdom since in December we didn't get to ride Everest. We are unable to make fast passes for that day. I need to try again but I think we have too many days for the AP since we have 9 days of fast passes booked. I'm not sure if we cancel the last day if we will be able to book or not? I actually thought that day might have gotten cancelled since they were booked 60 days in advance with a room we later changed to this night?

Why does every time we plan a disney trip do we always change things around?

First thing is DH isn't going to be traveling for work since it is non-essential the week before. This means he will be with us for our drive to disney.

Second thing is DD2 hurt her knee on Saturday. 480056 Not sure if you can see how swollen it is. She has to use crutches for 10 days, no real weight on the leg. NO soccer. She is missing a soccer game and a 3v3 tournament this weekend. Her follow up dr appointment is Friday at 10.

So much for dropping the dogs off and hitting the road.

Before I knew she was going to the dr on friday, we dropped the fastpasses for the last day since we will be at universal and made fastpasses for animal kingdom. We have Everest from 2:10-3:10. Looks like we will have to go straight to AK to use the fastpass. DD1 when I said we still had to do FP for friday said she wanted everest.

Welcome! I'm always glad when I'm not talking to myself.

Dh ( and I) are doing Alternate day fasting (ADF). We try for 36 hours . My average fast this week was 41.8 hours. I started with 16 hour fast. Once you start fasting, it very easy if you do a clean fast. During my fast, I only have black coffee, tea or water. Before we started the ADF I was basically doing 20 hour fast with one big meal and some snacks each day.

Wow! I admire your commitment.

First thing is DH isn't going to be traveling for work since it is non-essential the week before. This means he will be with us for our drive to disney.

Oo yay!

Second thing is DD2 hurt her knee on Saturday.

Oo no! Hope she recovers quickly.

Trip is now officially cancelled. Yesterday we talked about canceling, but didn't call members services to see what they could do for us. We were staying on our DVC points that were borrowed from our 2020 use year.
While we were at the girls soccer practice last night, my sister texted me to tell me the news that WDW was closing down for the rest of March. So this morning I figured I would spend over 3 hours on hold to cancel. Nope hold time was under an hour, but took close to 2 hours to actually get through.

So now all of our plans are up in the air.

So sorry about your trip. It's such a scary, uncertain time and it stinks that we have to lose our happy place during this time.

So sorry about your trip. It's such a scary, uncertain time and it stinks that we have to lose our happy place during this time.
How are you doing? I think you are a nurse.

Just canceled another WDW trip. DH and I were going while our girls were at sleepaway camp. I’m pretty sure camp won’t be happening this summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts