What do you like about the Grand Floridian?

I like the studio set up....I feel more secure in a shower than in a tub.

Then there’s the GF lobby!

Also the CMs....we were comped an upgrade to a two bedroom and some pixie dust treats for our 50th wedding anniversary! We had Florida friends who shared the goodies with us, but alas, they already had paid for their on site room. Our friends were warmly greeted by the CMs...it was our second best DVC memory ever! ( First has to be my mom’s 85 birthday celebration....we were lucky to have Mom with us for 97 years, but after 88 she was failing and could not travel.)

The DVC building check in area is very calm and inviting, and the staff is very welcoming. The rooms are pleasant, comfortable and well-appointed. There are great on-site restaurant choices to suit a variety of needs from quick service, character meals, cafe, and signature table service. I love to sit and enjoy the piano music and the orchestra in the main lobby while admiring the architecture. The location is great with the monorail to MK and EP and to Poly and CR for additional restaurant options. The decor and the people dressed for dining at Victoria & Albert's may at first glance give the appearance that this resort is snobby, but we've never felt it to be so, even when our children were young prior to the villas being built. We love many DVC resorts, but VGF is probably our favorite.

With the new bridge to MK from GF making it a walk-able resort, will make VGF one of the most desirable resorts moving forward, along with being able to walk to Poly and the Transportation Center. Having access to that many restaurants and amenities just a short (20 minutes tops, for most) walk is awesome.

Also, the CM's at VGF are top notch and some of the friendliest you will find at WDW.

We own at VGF. It feels more “adult” to us. Love the upscale decor. Great restaurants onsite. Love the monorail!

The lobby is beautiful and I like the nightly orchestra. The monorail obviously but that’s available at Bay Lake Tower and Polynesian too. I like that the villas have there own separate entrance and check in area. I like that it’s spread out but easily walkable from one end to the other. Great views for the electric light parade.

In addition to everything else that others have mentioned (great rooms, location, landscaping, etc...), I would add that one of the biggest draws for me is the fact that the Gasparilla Grill is open 24/7. For me, there are times I want a snack at 2am (odd, I know) or when we are getting up super early (say 5:30am), I know I can get my refillable mug refilled. It's just a nice option to have, even if the food menu choices are limited. We honeymooned there in 2000 before it was DVC and loved it. So for us, once it became a DVC resort, we knew we had to add a contract there and purchased immediately. :lovestruc

We are staying at VGF for the first time in 2 weeks, but we have stayed at the Poly many times. We always love walking over to the GF grounds to walk around the grounds, eat there or enjoy the lobby. It's just a beautiful resort.

I love the transportation options. I like the food at Poly much better, so I love that it is just a quick monorail/boat ride away. I also love the beautiful and bustling lobby! And being able to sit outside the quick service looking out onto the water is so relaxing.

This is how my husband feels about this resort, he always has even before there was a DVC here. I like this resort and I figure if I can afford to stay here I'm just as good as anybody else staying at this resort. The main reason we don't stay here more often is because my husband doesn't really like it... :sad2:
I haven't stayed here yet. I probably will at some point, but so far there is not much that draws me in besides being so close to MK. Even though we can afford to stay here, I don't like the snooty feeling I get when we visit the resort for dining. My daughter however is all about the GF. She can't wait to stay here. lol

I love everything about it. It is my favorite resort and I will stay there as often as I can if I can book it at 7 months! The ability to walk to the Poly is so nice as it increases option for drinks and meals.

Just came back a few weeks ago from a solo trip and it was the most relaxing one I’ve ever had!

I love it! We bought our contract there because we love it so much. Great view of fireworks (behind marina or walk to poly), good food options, close to MK, nice pools. I also love the lobby and the lobby band.

My wife's favorite DVC Resort! We love the monorail to Magic Kingdom and the quick service offered at the resort.

We enjoyed our first stay there last summer. When my boys were young they did not like the resort too girly!! Well, fast forward 10 years and what a difference. They loved it. The decor of the DVC building and lobby are just gorgeous. I loved the check in process, very civilized.

I love the location. The shopping and restaurants options. The convenience to the other deluxe resorts. The pools are nice. I like the elegance and sophistication. Like I said, our sons are grown, so we don’t have to worry about little ones.

We received extra special treatment last summer. Our room was not ready till after 6pm and I was very upset because we had just drove 5 hours that morning and 12 the day before. We had reservations for dinner a Raglan Road. I wanted to refreshen up and change my clothes etc. We were given a credit on our account and received full maid service everyday. I felt like they care about our inconvenience. Their were 6 of us. And everyone was anxious to get settled.

I can’t wait to stay there again. The points are high, but it’s worth it.

I have no doubt the rooms are beautiful, and clearly the restaurant options are outstanding, but....
I feel they cheeped out on the design of the structure. It looks like a big box appendage on the end of the resort. I think they should have made the architecture blend a bit better. It just doesn’t look right imo.

I like the Dvc rooms and the main lobby. GF has an elegant flair without seeming stuffy IMO. The grounds are gorgeous.

Gasparilla Grill is a good quick service option. Walking distance to the Poly and Kona Cafe for breakfast.

I love the Basin White store at the GF and will go out of my way to shop there even if not a guest at GF.

We don’t care much for the pool. Not quite the amount of theming as other resorts.

It’s our home resort and we exclusively stay at the VGF during our longer 7-8 day trips. Everything previously mentioned is why we love it so much, and loved it prior to DVC portion being built. Glad the QS is getting some love in this thread. I have always felt it is highly underrated.

This thread has me excited. Staying there for the first time over Spring Break. We are looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts