What do you feel it will be like for us when WDW opens again using our mobility wheelchairs & scooters?

I'm curious about that last comment
"Consider putting it in your bag along with your Minnie Ears and sunglasses for rides where it may come off."​
We already know that Universal requires masks on certain rides, which I believe are the thrill rides where a mask falling off might be most likely. Does this blogger actually think guests will be allowed to ride any ride at WDW without the mask? I would be highly surprised.

I'm curious about that last comment
"Consider putting it in your bag along with your Minnie Ears and sunglasses for rides where it may come off."​
We already know that Universal requires masks on certain rides, which I believe are the thrill rides where a mask falling off might be most likely. Does this blogger actually think guests will be allowed to ride any ride at WDW without the mask? I would be highly surprised.

Hi, lanejudy.

I agree with you.

I don't know why she would say that because as you said, I would be highly surprised, too.

We suggest stocking up on some disposable masks or just be very careful to keep your mask on as much as possible.

I think this is a good idea. Not just for the fast ride on a gusty, windy day, but on rainy days or hot sweaty days.

They must have an ear tie! If you don’t have a proper mask, Cast Members will ask you to purchase one.

Hopefully, they will check and advise guests at check-in to the park.

It would be interesting to see how a cast member handles a belligerent guest inside the park. I say that because I usually see the cast members not wanting to be that demanding with loud, belligerent guests even if security is involved. Just my opinion from u-tube videos I've seen.

I find it interesting the reports that WDW will be strict about the ear-loops, and wondering if this is just blogger interpretation based on the website or actual confirmation of rules. That same wording has been online for Disney Springs and apparently it hasn't been enforced for the past month. In my opinion, the time to come on strict would have been when the property first opened - and let word get out while fewer guests are on property.

I find it interesting the reports that WDW will be strict about the ear-loops, and wondering if this is just blogger interpretation based on the website or actual confirmation of rules. That same wording has been online for Disney Springs and apparently it hasn't been enforced for the past month. In my opinion, the time to come on strict would have been when the property first opened - and let word get out while fewer guests are on property.

I agree.

I am also concerned about the rise in COVID-19 cases and the upcoming flu season.

Now, this is only one report today. So I don't know if this could or will be true, but I am definitely keeping my eye on this.

Flu virus with 'pandemic potential' found in China By Michelle Roberts Health editor, BBC News - June 29, 2020.

So far, it hasn't posed a big threat, but Prof Kin-Chow Chang and colleagues who have been studying it, say it is one to keep an eye on.
The virus, which the researchers call G4 EA H1N1, can grow and multiply in the cells that line the human airways.
They found evidence of recent infection starting in people who worked in abattoirs and the swine industry in China.
Current flu vaccines do not appear to protect against it, although they could be adapted to do so if needed.
While this new virus is not an immediate problem, he says: "We should not ignore it."

Post #165-Transportation Options that Will and Will Not be Available to Guests when Walt Disney World Parks Reopen - Jess Watkins - kennythepirate - June 30, 2020

Edit Update on transportation at WDW: July 2, 2020-

Monorail (MK) set to open on July 11.
Monorail (EPCOT) does not currently have an opening date.

Skyliner set to open on July 15.

Resort boats at Poly/Wilderness open July 11.

Sassagoula boats and Friendship Boats do not have an opening date.

We are counting down the days for Disney Parks to reopen and we have all of the details on what transportation will and will not be available to guests. Will you be able to ride the monorail to Magic Kingdom and Epcot? Is the Skyliner running between Hollywood Studios and Epcot? Read on and we will answer those questions and more.

Magical Express
We recently reported that Magical Express service will be available to guests staying at Disney World and traveling to Orlando International Airport.
You can see that transportation update, along with merchandise updates HERE.

I still haven't heard if guests received luggage tags in the mail to travel to WDW.

And the resort's airline offices are initially closed requiring guests to check-in their on luggage and ticket at airport's airline.

Edit-07/01/2020
We were the only ones on our bus. They did require masks and said we could sit anywhere except the first two rows.

Edit-07/01/2020
Today at 9:06 AM
RaySharpton said:
Did they mail you arrival luggage tags?

On return, how did you schedule the bus time?

On return, did you have to check your on luggage?
No luggage tags

I had to call the front desk to ask about return time because they didn’t initially deliver it. They brought over the voucher after I called.

I had to take the luggage with me to the airport. The check-in service was unavailable.

Monorail
A Cast Member I messaged confirmed the Express Monorail and the Resort Monorail will be open to guests beginning July 11th when Magic Kingdom opens.

Well....we'll see, Right?

She could not confirm if the monorail would be open prior to the 11th for Annual Passholder Preview Days or Resort Dining Reservations.

The monorail loop that takes guests from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot WILL NOT be available when the park reopens on July 15th. This could be due to maintenance that was postponed in January.

This means guests staying at resorts on the monorail loop that want to use Disney’s free transportation will have to travel to Epcot by bus.

The Skyliner that made it’s debut last September will be open and running for guests to travel between Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Well....we'll see, Right?

Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort that are also accessible via the Skyliner is scheduled to open later this summer. You can find information on their reopening dates HERE.

Water Transportation
Ferryboats will be running to transport guests across the Seven Seas Lagoon from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Magic Kingdom. We love to take the ferryboat back to our car in the evening to catch one final glimpse of Cinderella Castle before returning to our resort.

The Water Taxi to Magic Kingdom will only be offered from the Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. Guests staying at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will need to take the monorail to Magic Kingdom.

We do not have a confirmed opening date for Disney’s Wilderness Lodge but guests staying at DVC resort’s Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins that are located at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will be able to use this water taxi dock.

Check out our article HERE for the latest information on what Disney Resorts are already open and tentative opening dates for several others.

Friendship Boats that travel to Epcot, Crescent Lake resorts and Hollywood Studios WILL NOT be a transportation option when the parks open. Guests staying at Disney’s Boardwalk and Disney’s Beach Club Resort can walk to Epcot and take the Skyliner from Epcot to Hollywood Studios.

Ferryboats to Disney Springs from Old Key West Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort are NOT open at this time.

Guests staying at Saratoga Springs Resort have the option to walk or take a short bus ride to Disney Springs. Old Key West Resort Guests will need to take a bus.

Minnie Vans
Minnie Van service will NOT be offered during the initial reopening. I hope that Minnie Vans become available soon because having an option for private transportation to the parks, airport, and dining reservations at Disney Resorts seems like a good idea during the current pandemic.

Uber and Lyft are alternative paid private transportation options that are available if you do not want to use Disney’s Transportation with other guests.

Buses
Bus Transportation is the primary way to travel around the Disney World Resort. Busses are the only option Disney is offering to travel to Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom from open resorts.

I can't remember if AK is the first resort to open.

Skyliner resorts have limited bus transportation to Epcot and Hollywood Studios and are encouraged to utilize the gondolas. You can read those details HERE.

Busses do not travel between resorts. If you need to travel to another resort you will need to ask your hotel concierge for the easiest route. I usually travel to the nearest theme park and then hop on a bus to another resort.

I consider this rumor until WDW puts in writing.

Last edited:

Post #168-DIS poster answered some of the questions that I listed with their answers. Including a photo of the DME bus interior along with a photo of the resort's departure DME instructions. This was before the parks opened and the resort's DME office does not open until 7/12/2020 -PHOTOS-07/01/2020.

RaySharpton asked and zemmer ansered at this link:

Did they mail you arrival luggage tags?

No luggage tags

On return, how did you schedule the bus time?

I had to call the front desk to ask about return time because they didn’t initially deliver it. They brought over the voucher after I called.

On return, did you have to check your own luggage?

I had to take the luggage with me to the airport. The check-in service was unavailable.

Edit-07/01/2020
We were the only ones on our bus. They did require masks and said we could sit anywhere except the first two rows.

Last edited:
Post #169-Will Tram Service be Available upon Park Reopening? - kennythepirate - Christina Knerr - July 1, 2020

In just 10 days, Walt Disney World will begin to reopen it’s theme parks. One of our writers recently provided an extensive list of Transportation that will and will not be available when the parks reopen.

Today we have confirmation of another transportation service that will not be in use once the parks reopen on July 11th and July 15th.

We now know that the Tram services used to shuttle guests from the theme park parking lots to the main entrances, will NOT be provided when the theme parks reopen.

This is most likely due to the fact that there will be a lot fewer cars in the parking lots and they will be parked much closer to the main entrances.

Parking Information
One thing to note is that, due to the tram service not operating, you may be walking a longer than the normal distance to the Main Entrance.

Also, in order to promote social distancing, all vehicles will be parked in every other space.

At Magic Kingdom Park there will be no tram service from the parking lot to the Transportation and Ticket Center, however the Express Monorail and Ferryboats will still be available to transport guests to the Magic Kingdom.

The monorail from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Epcot will NOT be running and all guests MUST park at the Epcot parking lot or take a bus from their resort.

But the resort monorail should be running for their resort guests.

Last edited:
Post #170-BIG Menu Updates! See Which Disney World Theme Park Restaurants Have Cut WAY BACK! - DFB - Janelle Sheetz - July 2, 2020

I wonder how much this might be true when the parks initially open?

I see several items I usually like.

I know this may be a rumor or if true will be over by my trip in December.

But who knows with all the SARS-COVID-2 changes recently.

As we’ve previously seen before select Disney Springs dining locations and Disney World resort restaurants reopened, sweeping menu cuts are now occurring at several theme park restaurants.

Disney is offering limited menus at many of the resorts and Disney Springs restaurants for the time being. And, now it looks like the parks are following suit.

Here are a few of the biggest menu changes that you can anticipate to see when the parks reopen.

Disney World Theme Parks

Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
First up, Town’s Town Square Restaurant — one of the very first restaurants we’ll see as soon as we step foot inside the Magic Kingdom for the first time since mid-March!

They’ve subtracted quite a few appetizers, entrées, and desserts from their menu!

Lunch and Dinner Menu
Spinach Dip Trio
Garlic Knots
Garlic-Parmesan Wings
Italian Trio (Chicken Parmigiana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Spaghetti with Meatballs)
Spaghetti and Mushroom Meatballs (added Spaghetti and Impossible™ Meatballs option instead)
Mushroom Ravioli
Ravioli with Grilled Chicken Breast
Ravioli with Grilled Shrimp
Grilled Pork Chop with Risotto-style Orzo
Today’s Sustainable Fish With Seasonal Accompaniments
Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake
Raspberry Sorbet (No Sugar Added Dessert)
Seasonal Cheesecake
Sautéed Shrimp with Whole-Wheat Spaghetti (Kids’ Menu)
Broccoli
Celery and Carrot Sticks with Ranch Dressing

The Plaza Restaurant
Heading down Main Street, U.S.A., we’ve been known to frequent The Plaza Restaurant for their unlimited milkshakes — but it looks like that will no longer be the case!

Breakfast Menu
Lobster-Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict
Steak and Eggs Herb-marinated Steak
Oatmeal
Canella Bellini Sparkling Peach Cocktail
The Plaza Mimosa

Lunch and Dinner Menu
All-You-Care-To Enjoy Milkshakes
Lobster-Fried Green Tomatoes
Herb-marinated Steak
Brisket Macaroni & Cheese Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
Lobster Cobb Salad
Butterscotch Bread Pudding
Seasonal Specialty Cake
Carrots with Ranch Dressing
Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Kids’ Menu)
Baby Carrot

Jungle Navigation Co. LTD Skipper Canteen
One of our favorite spots in Adventureland to try some more-exotic cuisine has also scaled back on its menu!

Dinner Menu
Shiriki Noodle Salad
S.E.A. Shu Mai
Whole Fried Fish
Sankuru Sadie’s Seafood Stew
Trader Lamb Spice-rubbed Lamb Chops
Tiki Tiki Shrimpy Shrimpy
Sankuru Sadie’s Seafood Stew
“A Lot at Steak” Salad
Quick Sand!!! Jasmine Rice Pudding
Smiley’s Little ‘Croc’ of Chicken Soup (Kids’ Menu)
Serengeti Salad (Kids’ Menu)
Mango Sorbet

Liberty Tree Tavern
During the phased reopening, it looks like Liberty Tree Tavern will be discontinuing its à la carte lunch menu.

While signature items like their Roasted Turkey, Pot Roast, Pork, and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake will not be available individually, you’ll still find them listed under the All-You-Care-to-Enjoy Bill of Fare which is also available for dinner.

Lunch À La Carte Menu
Tavern Cheese Dip
Traveler’s Loaded Tavern Fries
Lobster Fritters
Roasted Vegetable and Tomato Soup
New England Clam Chowder
Our Tavern Keeper’s Favorite Pot Roast
Turkey Pot Pie
Portobello Pot Roast
The BELL Burger Applewood
The Pilgrim’s Feast
Colony Salad
Tavern Battered Fish and Chips
Revolutionary Impossible™ Meatloaf Plant-based Meatloaf
Bacon-Cheddar Cheeseburger
Seasonal Fish (Kids’ Menu)
Lobster Roll (Kids’ Menu)
Sliced Apples (Lunch and Dinner Menu)
Carrots and Celer (Lunch and Dinner Menu)
Seasonal Sorbet (Lunch and Dinner Menu)
Boston Cream Pie Vanilla Cake (Lunch and Dinner Menu)

We also noticed Disney has started making some changes to their quick-service menus. We saw a few of our favorite ice cream treats disappear this week!

Magic Kingdom Quick Service Restaurants

Liberty Square Market
All-Beef Grilled Hot Dog

Sleepy Hollow
Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich

Storybook Treats
Peter Pan Float

Sunshine Tree Terrace
I Lava You Float
FOMOsa
Orange Soft-serve

Disney’s Animal Kingdom

Satu’li Canteen
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Selection of Artisanal Cheeses
Thai Curry Mussels
Charcuterie
Braised Lamb Shank
Pan-seared Market Fish
Crispy Sadza with Braised Pork Belly
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Mascarpone Cheesecake
Halo-Halo
Fresh Sustainable Fish (Kids’ Menu)

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Quick-Service Restaurants

Satu’li Canteen
The Satu’li Sampler Platter (which was their big family-style feast) won’t be available and they’ve swapped their Kids’ Menu Hot Dog Wrapped in Dough with just a regular Hot Dog served on a bun.

Restaurantosaurus
This dining spot over in Dino Land, U.S.A. has removed its Burgers and Sundaes Experience from its lunch and dinner menu, although you can still purchase both items à la carte.
They’ve also taken Chili Cheese Fries and Chocolate and Vanilla Milkshakes of the board along with their Kids’ Menu Turkey Wrap.

Flame Tree Barbecue
The hits kept coming when we saw Flame Tree’s Pulled Pork Cheese Fries were no longer listed on their menu!
They’ve also taken away the Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler, Cornbread, and Kids’ Menu Turkey Sandwich.

Dino-Bite Snacks
Scrooge McDuck’s Billionaire Bacon Caramel Sundae

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant

Lunch and Dinner Menu
Sci-Fi Appetizer Sampler
Flame-broiled New York Strip Steak
Szechuan Lettuce Wraps
Sci-Fi Seasonal Specialty Burger
The Cheese Steak Sandwich
Fresh Fruit Salad
S’mores Brownie
Lemon Cheesecake
Celery and Carrot Sticks

50’s Prime Time Cafe
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Fried Herb and Garlic Cheese
Dad’s Stuffed Pork Chop
Sustainable Verlasso Salmon
50’s Prime Time Café Blue Plate Special
Cheesecake

The Brown Derby
Lunch Menu
Pan-seared Sea Scallops and Roasted Pork Belly
Artisanal Cheese and Charcuterie Board
Pan-seared Fish of the Day (Lunch and Dinner)
Faroe Island Salmon
Bell & Evans Chicken Breast
Cioppino Lobster Tail (Lunch and Dinner)
Espresso Cheesecake (Lunch and Dinner)
Grilled Cheese (Kids’ Menu, Lunch and Dinner)
Hidden Treasure (Kids’ Dessert, Lunch and Dinner)
Celery and Carrot Dipper (Lunch and Dinner)
Dinner Menu
Ahi Tuna Wakame
Pan-seared Fish of the Day
Charred Pork Chop
Duck Breast

Mama Melrose Ristorante Italiano
Dinner Menu
Baked Arancini Gazpacho Salad
Carne d’Italia Flatbread
Mushroom Flatbread
Insalata di Mercato
Seafood Fra Diavolo
Wood-grilled Chicken and Penne Pasta with House-made Four-Cheese Sauce
Saltimbocca Pork Tenderloin
Chicken Campanelle Wood-grilled Chicken and Campanelle Pasta
Seasonally-inspired Chef’s Selection
Cheesecake (No Sugar Added Dessert)
Cappuccino Affogato
Dessert Sampler
Celery and Carrot Sticks
Fish of the Day (Kids’ Menu)
Tiramisù Martini

Coral Reef Restaurant
Lunch Menu
Crispy Rhode Island Calamari
Mushroom (Lobster-style) Salad
New England Clam Chowder
Lobster Seafood Boil
Crab Oscar
Macaroni & Cheese
Key Lime Tart
Seasonal Cheesecake
Clam Chowder
Vegetable Crudités
Hot Dog (Kids’ Menu)

Rose and Crown Pub and Dining Room
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Grilled Scottish Salmon
Chocolate Nougat Bar
Rice Pudding
Flatbread (Kids’ Menu)
Removed From Pub Menu (But Still Available at Rose and Crown Dining Room)
Scotch Egg
United Kingdom Cheese Platter

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Prime Beef Tartare with Asian Flavors
French Onion Soup
Seasonal Salad
Duck and Dumplings
Sautéed Broccolini with Hollandaise
Lobster Macaroni & Cheese
Maple Sweet Potato Casserole
Duke Caboom’s Favorite Chocolate Nanaimo
Artisan Cheese Plate
Grilled Cheese Sandwich (Kids’ Menu, added Mac and Cheese instead)

Epcot Quick Service Restaurants

Sunshine Seasons
Lunch and Dinner Menu
Mongolian Beef
Stir-Fried Shrimp
Vegetable Korma
Pork Loin
Rotisserie Turkey Club
Barbecue Pork Sandwich
Seasonal Soups
Asian Vegetable Noodle Salad
Caesar Salad with Oak-fired Chicken
Macaroni & Cheese
Green Beans
Cheese Pizza (Kids’ Menu)
Pasta with Marinara with Meatball (Kids’ Menu)
Freshly Baked Cookie
Key Lime Tart
Cookies ‘n Cream Chocolate Mousse Cup
Red Velvet Whoopie Pie
Crème Brûlée
Cheesecake with Berries
Oreo Chocolate Mousse

Disney World Resorts

Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Everything Pop Food Court
Breakfast Menu
House-made Chocolate-Chip Pancakes
House-made Mixed Berry Pancakes
House-made Vanilla Pancakes
Pancake Bounty Platter
Western Omelet
All Day Breakfast Waffle Platter
Grits
Turkey Bacon
Pancakes (Kids’ Menu)
Mini Sugar Cookies
Mini Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Mini Brownies
Cinnamon Roll
Chocolate Croissant
Danish Assortment
Doughnut Holes
Selection of Daily Bagels
Croissant
Chocolate Frosted Doughnut
Glazed Doughnut
Yogurt Parfait featuring Seasonal Fruit

Last edited:
Post #171-RUMOR: Minnie Van Service Retired at Walt Disney World, Cast Members and Vehicle Leases Being Terminated - July 3, 2020

Disney has yet to announce the layoffs or the termination of the Minnie Van service, but it seems likely given the reports from multiple cast members.

It has been a tumultuous existence for the Minnie Van service at Walt Disney World, a point-to-point transportation option owned and operated by Disney that launched back in 2017. A pet-project of now-CEO Bob Chapek, Minnie Vans were Disney’s response to many of their guests choosing not to use the provided, complimentary (and honestly, often unreliable) transportation options Disney provides their guests and instead of booking a Uber, Lyft, or similar transportation method to get around The Vacation Kingdom of the World. Minnie Vans were deemed overpriced by most guests, and they were also hard to get when you actually wanted them, like around park opening and closing times. After 3 years of hemorrhaging money, cast members believe the service is being brought to an end.

According to cast members, after having been furloughed since March and expecting that they would return to work soon, their leadership is now suddenly informing the drivers that they “should update their resumes”. Some cast will inevitably be transferred to other departments, but the belief amongst employees is that nearly 200 of them will be terminated.

Disney is claiming the termination of the service is for the safety of the drivers, but the drivers that reached out to us did not seem convinced of this based on the financial performance of the Minnie Vans outside of the premium airport transportation offering. Similar Lyft and Uber services have found ways to continue to operate throughout the pandemic.

The Minnie Van fleet was leased through an agreement with Disney corporate partner Chevrolet and will likely be returned to them soon.

AT D23 EXPO 2017, DISNEY PARKS CHAIRMAN BOB CHAPEK ANNOUNCES MINNIE VAN SERVICE COMING TO WALT DISNEY WORLD — An all-new Minnie Van service will provide point-to-point transportation service at Walt Disney World Resort, giving guests an even more seamless resort vacation from start to finish.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Ray. I found multiple websites reporting that rumor; some are on the filter here and links to them can't be posted on the DISboards.

Oh that really makes me sad... We *loved* the Minnie Vans, and looked forward to using them - we never had a "dud" for a driver once.

We literally started building the Minnie Vans into our budget as a line item, that's how much we enjoyed using them.

Dang. 😕

Oh that really makes me sad... We *loved* the Minnie Vans, and looked forward to using them - we never had a "dud" for a driver once.

We literally started building the Minnie Vans into our budget as a line item, that's how much we enjoyed using them.

Dang. 😕

Hi, MB.

This is still a rumor, but it seems like a lot of cast member's have become true.

According to commentary elsewhere online the demise of Minnie Vans appears to have been a hoax - as in someone deliberately fed the misinformation to the site that then initially reported the rumor.

And, the Disney Parks twitter feed posted this yesterday, indicating Minnie Vans will return, date TBD:

Hi, SW.

I saw that, too. Thanks. I'm just a little bit surprised about the Minnie Vans, but not about the water taxis and boats.

According to commentary elsewhere online the demise of Minnie Vans appears to have been a hoax - as in someone deliberately fed the misinformation to the site that then initially reported the rumor.

And, the Disney Parks twitter feed posted this yesterday, indicating Minnie Vans will return, date TBD:

View attachment 506539

Post #177- New WDW DME reopening information with an email letter from WDW DME - PHOTOS - MinnieMSue - 07-05-2020.

July 12, 2020, the DME yellow luggage tags will be sent to your home before you travel to WDW . Departing the WDW resorts airline office will reopen and will go back to normal operation where they can give you your return flight ticket and tag your luggage so you don't have to checkw-in your luggage at the airport's airline counter to get back home.

Attachments

• 1593971555483.png
    1593971555483.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1593971600974.png
    1593971600974.png
    129.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1593971631394.png
    1593971631394.png
    130.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Post #178-New Bus Guidelines to be Enforced at Walt Disney World By Jamie and three other reports - kennythepirate - July 6, 2020

One of the big questions Guests have about returning to Walt Disney World is “how will complimentary transportation be impacted due to social distancing measures?” We now have some answers on what bus transportation will look like upon Disney World’s reopening. Here’s what we know.

Recently we learned which transportation options would be available to Walt Disney World Guests when the resorts and theme parks began reopening. We learned that the Magic Express, Disney Skyliner, Monorail, Ferryboats, and buses would in fact be open and running.

Guests have been wondering what some of these transportation options might look like with social distancing measures under Walt Disney World’s focus on health and safety. We now have a look at what Guests can expect when riding Disney buses.

New Bus Guidelines

The previous bus capacity was 72 Guests. Buses will now hold 25 guests maximum, and no standing will be permitted.

MASKS MUST BE WORN TO BOARD THE BUS AND MUST REMAIN ON AT ALL TIMES.

Buses will now have seating zones. There will be six seating zones on each bus.

When boarding a bus, the driver will now assign groups a zone to sit in based on the number of guests at a party. A party is any group between 1 and 5 people. Groups larger than 5 will occupy multiple zones.

You can see here how the seats are now labeled in “zones.” Guests will be directed to a specific zone.

The driver will decide the seating order of guests. Most Guests will board through the front door and seat from the rear of the bus moving to the front.

If a zone is filled by one person, it is considered filled and no other guests will be able to sit there.

Guests will be permitted to unload buses through the front and back doors.

Guests Needing Assistance

If any guests should need assistance, they will be boarded through the rear door. Wheelchairs and scooters are limited to one per bus unless two people traveling together in one party are using them.

There will be a limit of 6 Guests in a party with Guests needing assistance.

New Cleaning Procedures

Buses will be sanitized several times throughout the day for Guests and driver’s safety.

Also...

Facebook DISboards poster, Bill Hogan, lists a quick rundown of the rumored WDW new bus protocols. Including link. This is similar to my video on post #131 listed at the bottom. - July 6, 2020

Facebook Link

New capacity is 25 guests maximum.

There are 6 seating zones on the buses. If a zone is occupied by one person it is considered filled.

Seating order is at the bus driver's discretion. Most drivers will board through the front door and seat from the rear of the bus forward.

At the load zones, the bus driver will assign groups a zone to sit in based on the number of guests at a party. A party is considered at least one person. Larger groups (more than 5) will occupy multiple zones

Unloading will be through the front and back doors.

Guests needing assistance will be boarded through the rear door.

Scooters/wheelchairs are limited to one per bus unless there are two people traveling together in the same party. The limit of guests in the party with the guests needing assistance is still 6.

There will be no standing on the buses.

Mask must be worn to board the bus and remain on at all times.

Buses will be sanitized multiple times throughout the day for the driver and guests safety.

Also...

The following is from a video June 21, 2020

Very Interesting WDW Reopening Transportation Rumors that may change. Video & what I saw on the video typed out. - June 21, 2020

Although the information in this vlogger's video has not been verified in writing by official Disney communication, I find some of the transportation social distancing information interesting and even plausible.

Universal Studios and Atlanta bus transportation systems seem to use some of the same types of transportation social distancing techniques.

Here is what I saw on the video.

The WDW monorail has a maximum capacity of about 300 guests per train car which might be lowered to 75 to 100 guests per train car because they are only going to allow one party or one family to enter per door entrance.

The WDW ferry boat from TTC to MK a maximum capacity of about 600 guests. And might be reduced to a maximum capacity of about 200 guests with a designated spot on the floor to stand per party or family.

The WDW Skyliner might allow one party per gondola

Previously, each Disney Skyliner gondola maximum capacity will be able to accommodate up to 10 guests maximum, with 5 guests sitting on each bench, including wheelchair capacity.

The WDW Bus Transportation from resorts to parks.

Each WDW Bus driver might be given 3 cloth face masks from costuming to wear or to buy own disposable face masks & glasses to wear

WDW Bus driver might wear a belt clip-on hand sanitizer

WDW Bus initial driver might do walk around & will do walk around each shift.

WDW Bus initial driver might use a no-touch sanitizing sprayer inside the bus

WDW Bus driver might each be given their own digital thermometer to use before work & when arriving at work another person will check again & be asked three health questionnaires.

Each WDW Bus might be divided into six zones with screened plastic partitions and might allow one party screened plastic partitions zones

Each WDW Bus usually has a maximum of 60-capacity.

Each WDW Bus might have a maximum of 25 Guests and possibly a maximum of four Guests per zone, but probably 6-18 Guests if only single Guests or if only couples each enter the WDW Bus consecutively.

Each WDW Bus might only allow one Mobility Vehicle per WDW Bus only in a middle zone per WDW Bus. (Depending on the WDW Bus configuration, usually, two Mobility Vehicle per WDW Bus were allowed.)

Each WDW Bus roof vents might be opened unless raining to improve ventilation & maybe the driver's window.

I think the WDW buses only have the heavy-duty roof emergency exits instead of the easy-open roof vents.

When WDW Bus stops at a resort or a park both doors might be left open 4-minutes to improve ventilation.

WDW Bus driver might sanitize their hands if helping a Guest.

Nothing was mentioned about the Friendship taxi boats in the video.

Last edited:
Post #179-Where Can You Remove Your Face Mask In the rumored WDW “relaxation zones”? - kennythepirate - July 6, 2020

When Walt Disney World reopens beginning July 11, Guests over the age of 2 will be required to wear a mask in all areas, unless they are eating or swimming. Disney has shared there will be “relaxation zones” where Guests may remove their masks. We now have an idea of where those Zones might be in the Magic Kingdom.

Walt Disney World will be strictly enforcing their requirement that all Guests age 2 and up wear a mask with loops or ties in all areas of Walt Disney World. The only exceptions to this new rule will be when Guests are eating or swimming, and when Guests are in their hotel rooms.

Throughout Walt Disney World Resort, there will be several “relaxation zones.” These zones will allow Guests to remove their masks if they need to take a break from wearing them.

We learned that in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, there will be a relaxation zone in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge where Guests can remove their masks. This area is believed to hold about 80 people.

In Disney’s Animal Kingdom, we know that there will be at least two relaxation zones. These are the locations:
Pizzafari – Indoor, air conditioned seating
Rivers of Light – Outdoor seating

In Disney’s Magic Kingdom, there are three proposed locations for relaxation zones for Guests.

Tomorrowland Terrace, in Tomorrowland – outdoor, covered seating

Golden Oak Outpost, in Frontierland – outdoor, possibly shady seating

Pete’s Silly Sideshow, in Fantasyland – indoor, air conditioned seating

In these designated areas, Guests will be permitted to remove their masks. Guests will be expected to be spaced 10 feet apart from other groups inside these areas.

We have not received any information as of yet on where the relaxation zones will be located in Epcot.

Last edited:
Post #180-Disney Magic Kingdom's Cast Member's Preview Live Stream VIDEOS!! See MK walking around & through queues & rides - ResortTV1 - July 7, 2020.

***SEE ALL VIDEOS BELOW*** (other videos will be added.)

A beautiful, sunny day for reopening...until an afternoon Florida shower.

Each video is different, but they are great walkabouts around the parks, some walking through the queue and attraction rides, especially, Peter Pan and Mine Train. Views of the different social distancing ground markings and queue plexiglass barriers, etc.

Almost empty looking park.

Walking through the entire Peter Pan queue without stopping until reaching a castmember and using social distancing on the ground only 10 seconds or two groups before loading.

Walking through the entire Mine Train queue without stopping until reaching a larger line before loading. Seems like Mine Train has temporarily stopped. Running again. About 17-minutes inline until the loading Plexiglass walls seen closer to a more lighted area near loading.

Here are the Cast Member's Preview videos and upcoming guests videos will be added per date and park.

Magic Kingdom 3-hours video - ResortTV1 - Cast Member's Preview - July 7, 2020.

Magic Kingdom 2.8-hours video - Julie Guerrero - Cast Member's Preview - July 7, 2020.

Animal Kingdom 45-minute video - Paging Mr. Morrow - Cast Member's Preview - July 7, 2020.

Magic Kingdom 5.3- minute video - Goofy Character Cavalcade & Characters on Main Street Train Station - Mousesteps - Cast Member's Preview - July 7, 2020

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter