What do you do with your Blue Bayou seat cushion when not at F!??

Katems

Mouseketeer
I'm so surprised...I thought for sure you'd receive your seat cushion when you checked in at the viewing area but a friend tells me you receive them right after you eat! My ressie is 4:40 and F! isn't until 9:00. Do people really carry these things around??? Seems so impractical. Are you allowed to sit on them on rides?? They sure would make Matterhorn a tiny bit more comfy! And behind your back on Thunder! Anyway, what do we do with these things before AND after the show?? DL is open until midnight. We'll have cushions from 6:00 pm onward!

I think it would be better if they supplied nicer, thicker cushions that you were given when you went to the viewing area and that you had to return afterward. Rather than all that waste for a tiny, thin cushion you have to deal with all night they could offer truly comfy cushions that get reused.

Anyway, please chime in with how you handled it! I'm thinking ask for a plastic bag at a shop??

I'm thinking ask for a plastic bag at a shop??
That's what I would do. I bought a purse right after we ate, so I had a big plastic bag from that, but I've asked for bags before when we've had food leftovers or had lots of toys from the games on the boardwalk. They are always happy to give a bag in the gift shops.

The BB has plenty of bags and will usually bring out the cushions for the whole table in a bag. They really aren’t a huge inconvenience, only maybe 1” thick. They do fit in a locker, so that is a possibility, but I’ve done it twice and just kept the cushion bag with me.

Also if you consider, BB at 4:40. Assume getting out around 6ish. Seating area opens at 8. Even if you get there 30 min afterwards, that’s only 2.5 hrs you need to carry before the show.

I also put them in a locker.

Are you allowed to sit on them on rides?? They sure would make Matterhorn a tiny bit more comfy! And behind your back on Thunder!
I don't think using them for something like BTMRR would be a good idea...when I've ridden BTMRR, there are moments when my back comes away from the back of the seat. If that happened and the cushion came loose, it could fly out of the ride and either fall onto the track or hit another guest.

I think it would be better if they supplied nicer, thicker cushions that you were given when you went to the viewing area and that you had to return afterward. Rather than all that waste for a tiny, thin cushion you have to deal with all night they could offer truly comfy cushions that get reused.
I was very surprised at how much of a big differences that cushion did make when sitting on the ground. It may seem very thin, but it was enough to provide padding to the hard ground. We also used it when we sitting on the ground watching the parades. So I like that we get to keep the cushions and can use them for more than just F!.

I think they gave them to us in a bag. But it had rained earlier that day so maybe that's why.

Drag it around and be irritated that I am dragging it around. :laughing: The old ones had a hand hold hole. I think the new ones do too, but seems like it is smaller and Mickey head shaped. Either we got those in a bag, or we asked for a bag in a nearby store.

We used a bag as well to carry them around in. We also chose rides between dinner and Fantasmic that would be easy enough to hang onto them and we all took turns dealing with it. But in fairness we had nothing else that we were carrying.

Just back from my trip. I ended up loving the BB cushions and carried them around the next night, too, for Paint the Night! I thought they would be a cheap fabric and a thin cushion. I was not prepared for a firm foam at all but was quite pleased with it. I had forgotten that the area was bumpy cobblestone so I felt really badly for those without cushions!! I used the cushions on Pirates, too, and once on Mansion since I happened to have them. They do have a Mickey head cutout and I did receive them in a bag.

My BFF and I are so excited for these seat cushions - we spend 8 hours a week sitting on hard benches in a dance studio because our DDs are dedicated dancers. We are looking forward to having these to alleviate the discomfort after our girls' trip in June!

My BFF and I are so excited for these seat cushions - we spend 8 hours a week sitting on hard benches in a dance studio because our DDs are dedicated dancers. We are looking forward to having these to alleviate the discomfort after our girls' trip in June!

Terrific idea. You’ve just reminded me of the cushions we’ve bought at baseball games!

I was wondering the same thing as I don't like the idea of having to carry a cushion around all night. Luckly my boyfriend and I have Fantasmic reservations at the BB in a few weeks and since our dinner is for 6:30 and the show is around 9 we won't be carrying it for too long. Some other lucky individuals in a different section is going to be getting these cushions when we are done as I probably wont want to keep them and carry them around all night. They will be nice for the show but i'd have no use for them later on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!