What Do You Do With All That Bling?!!

il_570xN.1308488003_1rns.jpg

I'm planning on getting this to display my medals! I only have a few medals currently and I'm not sure where I would hang a giant wall one in my apartment at the moment, even though some of them are really cool!

I've seen similar ones that are for a single medal, which I might get eventually to display on my work desk.

here's the cheapskate, low-tech option. i got a $10 bow rake at the hardware store, took the head off and... VOILA! instant medal display. i now have two of them which i keep on the wall of my closet so i can see them in the morning when i'm getting ready for the day.

medal.jpg

More medal holders inspired by @rteetz ... this one for my girlfriend. It is a "mini" Minnie .. I started with the runDisney Minnie wearing shorts and converted/photoshoped her over to running Minnie in a skirt. (see before/after).

m_before.pngm_after.png

It is a smaller version of my large holders - see pics for size comparison

20180707_114209.jpg 20180707_114217.jpg

Fyi, You WILL need to add another row.

Probably, I just need more hooks. When I measured the first row I did 10 and then the next rows I just measured and didn't count so I ended up with 11 on each. It's more than enough for now, it won't quite be half full by the end of the year after 3 years of doing races. Some of the ones around here are one and done for me because of the hills and not enjoying them. The Seattle area is quite hilly, very few flat races and the organizers around here love to put the steep hill at the end.

My girlfriend finally put ALL of my medals on the stand...and now I'm almost out of room for the coming races so will have to come up with something. I have to make better spacing for them because there are so many ... looks like I'll need a separate stand.

20191225_201255.jpg20191225_201530.jpg

And now I'm working on a Tinkerbell one for my girlfriend's races ... got paint Tink and fill the wings with colored resin.
1577215022753.jpg

I think I did this right? With Dopey coming up next week I will be completing my first rack. My older daughter all on her own ordered this new rack for me as a Christmas present, I was very touched. I will get to start on this one right after Dopey.

5CD9D589-ED45-4F18-BBCE-7F05AC781F0F.jpeg

My girlfriend finally put ALL of my medals on the stand...and now I'm almost out of room for the coming races so will have to come up with something. I have to make better spacing for them because there are so many ... looks like I'll need a separate stand.

View attachment 460574View attachment 460575

And now I'm working on a Tinkerbell one for my girlfriend's races ... got paint Tink and fill the wings with colored resin.
View attachment 460576
I am in AWE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter