What Do You Do When You're Done Planning?

Turk February

DIS Veteran
Well here we are... Roughly 6 weeks away from our first trip in 2 years, and I am 95% done. 7 days of ADRs and Fastpasses that I am overall very happy with. I got Oga's, I got Savi, I got Storybook, I got Ohana, I got FoP, SDD, SDMT...I got it all, baby! I have resorted to checking the app a dozen times a day for a slightly later BoG lunch on our arrival day, and a slightly later Homecomin' dinner on another day. And maybe if I catch a break, I can switch TSM for SDD on one of our DHS days. But if none of that happens, I'm more than happy to work with what I have.

I should be happy. And yet...that huge part of me - the planner - is now lonely. He has nothing to do. I stare at my spreadsheet over and over like some "ah ha!" moment is going to happen even though it can't. I feel like in prior trips, things were tougher to get. It took me longer to finally get that elusive Reservation Finder text, or to finally check MDE at the right minute to grab the Fastpass I was missing. Hell the hardest thing I'm trying to do now is buy discounted pre-order Magic Bands!

So what do you guys do to pass the time after you've completed your plans? Is there a support group for people like me?

(This is a rhetorical question by the way...I'm not actually looking for advice.)

Easy answer.
Second guess all the ADRs and decide what you should have done.
Start modifying your FPs (can't start too early).
You could start worrying about crowd size. Or that you put the parks on the wrong days.
Or you could be happy with what you've got and relax until your trip.

This is not a support group, more of an enabling group.
Hope you have a great trip!

I get you. The excitement level here is like a reverse normal curve. I'm so excited while I'm researching and planning, then the trip just kind of fades into the background for a while, and then the excitement ramps back up as it gets closer.

You could start worrying about crowd size. Or that you put the parks on the wrong days.
Or you could be happy with what you've got and relax until your trip.

This is not a support group, more of an enabling group.

Yep. You could start re-watching all your favorite Disney movies. - I think there's even a thread somewhere of menus to go with them.

I can help you over-plan.

Use Google Keep to make a checklist for each day of your trip. Make a list of every thing you want to do each day in order by time. Then during the trip you can feel the satisfaction of checking off items, here's an example:

I totally understand this post. After my ADRs were made, I tweaked them until I had them perfect. Then I switched them up a little more. After my Fast Passes were made, again I tweaked and tweaked. I think they are as good as I can make them.

Now, I spend my time trying to get my magic bands! I’ve been trying to order bands for the three of us for months! They never have any of the ones we all want at the same time. It’s very frustrating! But at least it gives me something to focus on.

Oh, I’ve also been scouring Etsy for t-shirts to wear. That takes up the rest of my time. I still haven’t found the “one”.

I’m in the exact same position it’s so frustrating. I’ve been tweaking and checking ADRs and FPs. It’s so annoying that pretty much all the rides at HS are tier 1 so that’s put a spanner in the works.
Got Ogas, BOG, SDD etc
The only thing I can hope happens is they finally announce the space restaurant opening date and then I have that to factor in to my plans.
Just the few weeks to wait now

I forgot to mention that I can’t wait for Food and Wine to open because final menus and prices will post! Then I can fully plan out what I want to try and know what I’ll pay for and what I’ll use a snack credit for.

I really have no life. 😂😂

Oh DUH. I'm gonna have pour over all of that and figure out how to spend my snack credits!

I do this too! I just got to that point a few weeks ago. I love the google keep checklist!
I started watching packing videos, and looking for articles on the best things you didn’t know you need to bring with you to the theme parks. I mostly packed my suitcase (and my boys to their annoyance, lol).
I have to add, I started watching wdw haul videos to plan my spending too.

Whew! I am so glad to discover that I am normal. All ADRs booked, FPS in place, GE reservations scored, after hours events booked, flights and Town car transportation booked. I have tweaked and re-tweaked all of it time and again. It’s 35 days until we leave for our trip and I am not sure what to do with myself until we go!

Whew! I am so glad to discover that I am normal. All ADRs booked, FPS in place, GE reservations scored, after hours events booked, flights and Town car transportation booked. I have tweaked and re-tweaked all of it time and again. It’s 35 days until we leave for our trip and I am not sure what to do with myself until we go!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Nobody said you were normal. Where did you get that idea? We just said you were like the rest of us. That’s a big difference. 🤣

So much changes at Disney that I always find something to do with our plan. Waiting for dessert parties, after hours events, park hours to be updated, etc.

Right now I am waiting for our FP day to open. I've been checking our flights, changing them, reserving the rental car, etc.

You could always work on your packing list!

I always feel this way after FP day-it's just like ok, well now what do I do?

Watch endless youtube videos on rides, food, resorts, shopping, and activities
Wonder if I've made the right decisions after watching the youtube videos and/or find things that I now want to squeeze into our already packed tight schedule-darn you Disney and all of the cool stuff you have!
Worry that our Savi's and Oga's time are 7 hours apart-and keep trying to get Oga's moved.

I'm now at 17 days to go-the time really goes more quickly than you think! This weekend I'll drag out the luggage and start getting our packing list checked off. Tick tock...soon we'll be off :)

My DD27 and I will be there in 23 days. Everything for this trip is set so I started planning my DD18's graduation gift - a 4 night Bahama cruise on the Dream. Now to start looking at my options since it has been 8 years since my last cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!