What do you do when you visit the parks solo? (poll)

What do you do when you visit the parks solo?

• Meet up with other DISers

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Talk to strangers and make new friends

Votes: 51 26.6%
  • People watch

Votes: 108 56.3%
  • Call/Facetime/text friends and family

Votes: 26 13.5%
  • Read/study/write/draw

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • Ride all the rides! Single rider, of course

Votes: 148 77.1%
  • Eat all the food! No one there to judge

Votes: 108 56.3%
  • Other

Votes: 32 16.7%

• Total voters
I should have checked Other, in addition to rides & food, because I post stuff on Facebook. I also tried periscoping my last trip, but my old phone wasn't up do the task. Going to periscope a lot on the next one!

not sure but think Disney banned them from their parks - too many people were doing it. So if you want to try - just bring a cheap one = so if the security guard take it you want miss it.

do a little of everything - do the rides (I love 'em), eat (this is the only time I people watch) - some of the kids are cute and charming, do the tours - well use too - it is pretty hard when you are old and out of shape (they cost extra and much be scheduled before you arrive at the park),

now you did not mention the shows (epcot has some) - I have tried to watch them but don't have the patience - they are live shows - they are pretty popular so watch for the crowds -

not sure but think Disney banned them from their parks - too many people were doing it. So if you want to try - just bring a cheap one = so if the security guard take it you want miss it.

Periscope is a live streaming app. They can't 'take' it from you. There are tons of Disney scopers broadcasting from there every day.

I really love shopping and pin trading when I'm alone! It's a great way to start conversations with cast members who love Disney as much as I do!

As much as I enjoy family trips, I enjoy the solo ones also. Usually baseball spring training is going on when I do the solo shots, so I'll take in a game or two, either at Disney (only 1 more year for that, I guess) or nearby (Tampa/Lakeland). As for the Disney part, I'll get up when I want (that usually means no rope drop, unless I happen to wake up early), tour the parks as I like , go on my favorite rides (love the Test Track single rider line), sit and people watch on occasion, eat when and where I want and quit for the night when I want.

I haven't had the solo experience yet, but I fully plan to embrace it in the not-too-distant future. Not married, no kids, but I love going to Disney. This December will be a trip with my folks to celebrate my mom's 75th birthday and see it at Christmastime for the first time. It's very possible this could be their last trip (maybe not, we'll see). I've got some other priorities through 2019, but I really want to head back in 2020 for WDW's 50th Anniversary! And I hope that starts a tradition for me of yearly trips down there. I'm all for any friends and/or family who would like to go with me, but I'm going one way or another, and actually get excited at the idea of going solo! I've enjoyed planning the trip with my folks in mind (we went last Easter as well), making sure to include things they'll love and adjust the pace to their comfort zone. But I'm also hoping I might get to leave them relaxing at the resort at some point while I go off alone to the parks. They don't ride the big rides, so that would give me a chance to do some of those and to just absorb the atmosphere without worrying whether they're tired, hungry, bored, etc.

Honestly, when I do my solo trips, I'll probably plan a more commando type touring style than I do when I'm with others. I'd try to ride as many things as humanly possible, but then have down time too for people watching and just taking it all in.

Man, I can't wait. :)

I recently went on my first Solo trip to Disneyland and had a great time! The only problem is now I want to go back and share some of the fun stuff I did with friends/family.
I made a brief highlight video of my trip and also some tips for Solo trips.

I have a few solo trips coming up due to work. I can't see flying to Orlando for a conference and not spending a few days in the parks! I've been enjoying taking time to explore the parks and really see the less traveled routes through the parks. We're always so rushed when traveling with family, it's nice to take the 'out of the way' route and see what we've been missing. It's nice because you can spend as much time as you want in any part of park you want without someone wanting to move on.

I haven't done a solo trip yet, but I would probably go crazy trying to do as much as I could with nobody to slow me down.

I'm flying solo next month for 1 day after a conference. Normally we go as a family of 4 with 2 young kids and while I love enjoying the parks with them, I'm really looking forward to NOT having to worry about watching everyone at all times, asking who needs a bathroom break or who's hungry/not hungry, the stroller, the cooler, what time is the FP, etc.

I use to visit solo to DL and WDW years ago when I designed the Brinbaum Guides and when I was a CP Cm and I tell you you just see the park differently. You can go at your pace and stop and 'smell the roses' anytime you want for as long as you want.

I'll be hitting Epcot for F&W and to give a deep dive into each of the pavilions. Something I cant really do with action-hungry kids. lol

I recently went on my first Solo trip to Disneyland and had a great time! The only problem is now I want to go back and share some of the fun stuff I did with friends/family.
I made a brief highlight video of my trip and also some tips for Solo trips.

Nice video. Thanks for sharing. I have found much of the same when visiting the world solo. It is nice to slow down and "see" the small things.

I'm going solo for the first time next month. I am planning on bringing my 3DS with me to keep be entertained while I wait in line for hours by myself. I figure I'll be spending most of my time standing in line, so not much else to do. I've too introverted to strike up conversation with random strangers.

I haven't done solo at Disney World yet, but when I had a solo day at Disneyland I rode lots of rides, met Captain America again (because no one was there to judge me or be annoyed at the wait), tried some more Food & Wine booths.

Then I met two guys in a line (the ride was down) and they brought me into their group, got me past the merge point at SM when the CM cut off in front of me. At the end the one guy made me hug him and add him on FB, and they tried to get me to ride Big Thunder but at that point it was just a bit too much and I booked it to Small World

I'll be doing my first solo Disney trip, to DLHK, in a few weeks. I can't wait to eat all of the food that we'll never see in WDW (like Korean squid right next to the turkey legs in Adventureland...ok, maybe not that!) and check out all unique-to-HKDL rides. I plan to share with family and friends via text and photos (hooray for wifi at the park). I'm looking forward to what is sure to be an interesting experience!

I'm going solo for the first time next month. I am planning on bringing my 3DS with me to keep be entertained while I wait in line for hours by myself. I figure I'll be spending most of my time standing in line, so not much else to do. I've too introverted to strike up conversation with random strangers.

That is the only thing I wouldn't really enjoy during a solo trip to Disney, being in line and feeling like I had to carry on a conversation with someone if they started talking to me. I'm introverted too and even though I love chatting on message boards, I don't enjoy chatting with strangers in real life. DH and I enjoy going on cruises, and we do the "my time dining" so we aren't forced to sit with strangers at dinner and carry on the obligatory "where are you from/how many kids do you have" conversations.

I am contemplating a 4-5 night solo trip to Disneyworld in February 2019, and would probably have my kindle with me so I could read/play games while waiting in line. Eating alone wouldn't bother me, and it would be so nice being able to do whatever I wanted whenever I wanted to, spending as much time here or there as I wanted to. Doing some things we don't do while there as a couple/family. I wouldn't mind riding rides alone, and the single rider line would be great. A solo trip is something I've thought about for years, and I'm 60 now so it's high time I do it. :)

I don't do roller coasters so now that my 13yo is into them I find myself doing what feels like a semi-solo trip to DL while DH/DS do rides. I could to go DL/MK every weekend just to shop, watch the Main Street entertainment, and the nighttime parades and fireworks. I find that too many people just run past Main Street and I'm the opposite. I could spend my entire day there and never get bored. I also love photography so I could spend a day walking around just taking photos of the castle, parades, characters, balloons, fireworks, etc.

You forgot to add Pin trading/hunting to the poll! Favorite solo experience was one Halloween Disney released different pins in the series at 9 different locations throughout the parks, Downtown Disney and the resorts.

Often I do my own solo thing when I'm technically on trips with other people, and I use the time to catch-up on sleep (first-timers be crazy scheduled when they go to the parks, not my style :sad2:), go to the out of the way places that have the good snacks, take tours and otherwise meander and enjoy scenery.

Truly solo trips usually involve rundisney and lots of carboloading/recovering (aka eating my way around EPCOT and living on the PeopleMover!)

I've done plenty of solo trips, and plenty of solo days when I lived down there. Some of this, and some of just pure interest, got me into photography, so I like to spend my days doing that, around various parks, watching shows, and meeting characters (and eating lol). I find rides slightly awkward to go on solo, and don't really like big thrill rides anyways, so I can do a day without any rides!

I also usually end up running into/meeting up with people which is always fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!