what do you do to pass the time between cruises?

hcox31

DIS Veteran
After our first cruise I am obsessed. Its' an addiction. lol

I love to watch the port cameras, check out disney cruising groups on Facebook, surf the Disboards.... check pinterest for FE ideas...

What about you? How do you make the time pass quicker? :)

Definitely hard but planning future vacations I find is fun even if I don't go on them. Along with work, school, kids and whatever else you have it helps pass the time.

For example, right now I'm watching videos of cruise ships :earboy2:

Well, I'm on Disboards talking about travel right now...So I'd have to put myself in the planning for the next vacation camp. We don't only cruise. We also go to WDW, state & national parks, and other destinations. Planning the trips takes time and thought. When people ask me what my hobby is, I tell them it's vacation planning.

I almost always have several trips in the planning stage at any one time, and this year is no different. My next trip is the Disney Panama Canal cruise + Disneyland - departing Port Canaveral 3 weeks from today. :banana: I have other land trips planned for the summer and fall, and an Oasis of the Seas cruise + WDW planned right after Thanksgiving.

NancyIL,
I’ll see you on board. And I’m also doing DL for a few days afterward.

OP,
Like others I plan trips, either real or imaginary, when I’m not actually on a cruise. I also go camping when I want to satisfy the travel itch.

Book cruises. Talk about cruises. Read and watch reviews and vlogs about cruises and dress itineraries for cruises.

Same here..I get obsessed and need some trip to obsess about. We tend to book a trip every 18 months (as they are pricey) which switches from Disney or a cruise. As long as we have something in the works I am ok. Them I obsess by being on here and cruise critic and on there all the time.

While cruising is our passion we do try to do other things. So we typically have a vacation to look forward to.
Last year was a week on South Padre Island. This year a 10 night cruise in northern Europe on the Magic. Next year we are hoping to do a week in Orlando with friends going to both Universal Studios (never been there) and of course WDW. Maybe try to fit in a short cruise on the Disney Dream pixiedust: following the land stay!

I follow sports, enough so there’s something I can watch year round. Plus the special events like the olympics or World Cup.

Oh and I suppose that the kids keep me occupied as well.

I usually cruise every other year. We travel to other places in between: WDW, DLR, Beijing, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Seoul. Planning the trips is part of the fun for me.

Last edited:
To pass the time between cruises I visit the parks as often as I can and I also like researching for future cruises. Once I find a cruise and book it my research shifts to planning flights, hotel, transportation, etc. I do like the planning for a trip very much.

Random DISboard drop-in's, price out our sailing multiple times over time to feel good about booking early and save towards the PIF date while looking at excursions we may want to do (or not).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter