What Do You Do On a "Mom-cation"? Eat and Drink Mostly! October 2018 Dining Report COMPLETE 12/30

Just found this post and am so happy to read it all the way through. I am taking my first mom-cation (and first ever solo vacation) at the end of March. My trip sounds pretty similar to yours - staying at the Pop and going during Flower and Garden Festival to check out the food booths.

Sorry you wound up sick. Being sick at WDW is just awful but at least you made it through most of the trip feeling well. You got a lot of food, drink and riding done in that short amount of time - I'm impressed! I may take a couple of tips for my own trip.

Do none of the lounges take reservations? I hadn't considered those an option when planning meals, but they certainly do seem to make sense for a solo traveler. I was looking for someplace in particular to eat dinner within an easy trip from MK. I'd like to be at the park, take a break for dinner then head back in the evening so somewhere on the monorail would be great.

Thanks for sharing!

Oh dear on the French meal and illness! Yuck!! I’ve also read glowing reviews of that meal. I just went back and looked at one I remember and they had a slightly different menu... the entree was still chicken (not a leg) but a creamy chicken with rice pilaf. I guess these meals are always a bit of a gamble both from a menu and tablemates standpoint. Thank goodness for the wine! But ugh on the judgment from someone at your table. So sorry you weren’t feeling well your last night. Good for you for powering through... gotta get that cutting board! I hope you are able to make a F&W momcation an annual thing!

It seems that most of the positive reviews of the French lunch involved that creamy dish with rice. The protein varies between chicken, veal, and seafood, but it must be much tastier than the cassoulet. It certainly LOOKS more appealing! And the first course is usually some sort of sausage or salmon in pastry crust type of dish, which would also be much more appealing than a raw egg. I was just severely unlucky on the menu apparently.

Just found this post and am so happy to read it all the way through. I am taking my first mom-cation (and first ever solo vacation) at the end of March. My trip sounds pretty similar to yours - staying at the Pop and going during Flower and Garden Festival to check out the food booths.

Sorry you wound up sick. Being sick at WDW is just awful but at least you made it through most of the trip feeling well. You got a lot of food, drink and riding done in that short amount of time - I'm impressed! I may take a couple of tips for my own trip.

Do none of the lounges take reservations? I hadn't considered those an option when planning meals, but they certainly do seem to make sense for a solo traveler. I was looking for someplace in particular to eat dinner within an easy trip from MK. I'd like to be at the park, take a break for dinner then head back in the evening so somewhere on the monorail would be great.

Thanks for sharing!

You must be so excited about your mom-cation! I know I was counting down the days to mine, LOL. It was fun planning a solo trip since I could just do whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

The lounges are all first-come, first-serve, which is nice for a solo traveler because you can get in without an ADR most of the time. I thought Cali Grill was so relaxing in the lounge, I would definitely recommend that as a break from the park if you like their menu. My second choice would probably be Citricos because I like their food, the lounge just isn't quite as relaxing there. Tambu Lounge is fun for drinks and their new menu looks good, it's just usually crazy busy around dinnertime, so that would make it my third choice. If you do choose Cali Grill, I recommend getting there at 5:00 pm or close to it so that you can get a nice comfortable seat with a nice view. There were several available when I arrived around 5:15, but they filled up quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter