What do you do if you can not get a HA room?

disneyobessed

DIS Veteran
We are DVC members and ready to book next week. We have always been able to get a HA room but this trip we want to stay at BCV which is tough to get into. If we can not get a roll on shower room does Disney allow us to use rental shower chairs? If so can anyone recommend where to rent from? Thanks.

Truthfully, as DVC members for the last 15 years, I've never heard of that happening (not to say it won't, but I've never heard of it happening yet). However, there've been many times when we've gotten a HA room without asking, and the first time they refused to move us unless we paid (DH said "Why? We were just here long enough to find out it was HA.") And in every occasion, they didn't tell us-one time they even lied when I got a funny feeling and asked "Is this room HA?" "Oh, no."

Orlando Medical Rentals rents various styles of shower chair. I haven’t rented from them myself, but I have read good reviews. I hope you are able to get the room type you want, though.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm surprised that Disney hotels have no available shower chairs. When we went to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort, we asked for a shower chair and they brought it up. Same at the Doubletree a couple weeks ago.

We got a toilet lift ( not sure its called that, its the added seat that makes it higher) by calling the front desk at Pop the last time we were there. They also told DH they had shower seats available if needed.

I'm surprised that Disney hotels have no available shower chairs. When we went to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort, we asked for a shower chair and they brought it up. Same at the Doubletree a couple weeks ago.
they used to provide them on request (and some still possibly may).
I had been told a few years ago that they no longer provided shower chairs for liability reasons. That would not surprise me since we had borrowed one on several past trips and found them to be not in good condition. One had bolts so loose it was wobbly and dangerous. We were told they would assist you in renting if necessary.

I would suggest the same company lanejudy mentioned.
The other thing you want to check out is what kind of shower the villa has. The studios have a tub shower combination. The one bedrooms have a standup shower that might not have room for a shower chair. The one bedrooms also have a separate soaking tub.

Truthfully, as DVC members for the last 15 years, I've never heard of that happening (not to say it won't, but I've never heard of it happening yet). However, there've been many times when we've gotten a HA room without asking, and the first time they refused to move us unless we paid (DH said "Why? We were just here long enough to find out it was HA.") And in every occasion, they didn't tell us-one time they even lied when I got a funny feeling and asked "Is this room HA?" "Oh, no."
The lock off 2 bedrooms go quick at BCV so if we need to get a dedicated 2br we will just waitlist the HA room and hopefully it comes through.

We've gotten shower seats from housekeeping a couple of times. Once it was good, second time, it was some awful monstrosity that didn't fit in the tub.

For less than $30, I'd just ship one from Amazon if you can't get the room you need. But, hopefully you can!

I rented a shower chair from Orlando Medical Rentals, for my trip in three days knowing full well that my mom didn't get an accessible room in the family suite at All-Star Music. They're wonderful to work with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!