What do you call a Disney trip with no parks, no plans, and no reservations?

kjlermer

Earning My Ears
Those of you who read the title of this review you might be thinking what is this review about? You might be wondering why someone might be writing this review? No we won't be going to any parks, we don't have any concrete plans, and we don't have any dinner reservations. We are planning to explore Orlando and the surrounding area, resort hop, visit DTD, and most of all relax!!!

Lets get down to specifics.

WHO: DH (Kevin) who is 29 and myself (Jessica) I am 28.

574779_320732154689622_1941677948_n_zps2b593991.jpg

We have been married for almost 6 years. Our only child is our furbaby Kaci (who is upset with me that she can't go but she will be spending the week at grandma and grandpas so I am sure she will forgive us)

1510693_547998095296359_1259693687_n1_zps07cad27b.jpg

WHEN: June 7 - 15, 2014
WHAT: A vacation filled with relaxation
WHERE: Westgate Town Center - my parents are owners and allowed us to use one of their weeks but more on that later

Town1_zpsbf7c1b89.jpg

Ok now that all those specifics are out of the way lets get down to the details.

This vacation started out last year. Last spring my mom and I started discussing my dad's 50th birthday. We decided to plan a surprise family cruise for the week leading up to his birthday with my parents, my inlaws, my brothers, dh, and I. 15 days before we were to leave my brother got told by his basketball coach if he missed a week of practice he would loose his starting spot. Now mind you he is only in Junior High but sports are everything to this kid. So with my dads blessing (at this point he knew we were going on vacation but nothing more) my youngest brother chose to stay home. A week later on the way to work my husband hit a deer on his way to work. We thought he was perfectly fine but then two days later he came down with ludwig's angina and while at work started swelling in the jaw and neck area. In approx 6 hours his throat almost completely swelled shut. He is perfectly ok but he spent 9 nights in the hospital and 4 of those in the ICU. So unfortunately my husband and I were not able to go on the cruise.

Fortunately Delta was awesome and gave us a voucher to use towards a future flight, and Carnival also gave us a credit that we will be using next year on a cruise. When we started discussing where we were going to go using the plane voucher my parents approached us. They weren't planning to use the condo this year and were going to rent it out but they offered it to us for a week for free.

Originally once we decided on Orlando we thought about getting tickets to disney. However my DH has never been to disney. In fact he has only ever been to florida long enough to land and then get on a cruise ship. So he wants to instead just take the week and explore orlando and the surrounding area. We have plans to walk around and tour as many of the resorts as possible.

I thought about not writing a review at all since we weren't going to me immersing ourselves into disney like most of these reviews tend to do. However I loved reading all of your reviews and tried to find some that had info about the area in general. I wasn't able to find many so I decided that I would write this in hopes that it would help someone else.

I hope that you will all join me and that maybe someone may get a little bit of help from this review.

Less than 48 hours till we leave and head for the airport and I haven't even pulled the suitcases out of the closet. Yikes! I better get started!!!!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter