What do YOU buy at the Expo?

BurleyGirl

DIS Veteran
Newbie here. I read about stuff getting sold out quickly at the Expo. Just wondering what that stuff is? And, what do you have to have from the Expo?
Just wondering how much extra I need to budget (both in dollars and packing :))

Over the past few years, my expo purchases have consisted of:

- beer
- compression shorts
- running shoes

The shorts and the shoes had an expo discount. The beer, obviously, did not. ;)

From the runDisney expo it has been pins, the ornament and any clothing that appealed to me (last year 2 shirts and 2 jackets, this year only 2 shirts). They have shirts, jackets, pins and magnets for each race and each challenge as well as the race weekend and genetic runDisney gear.

From the vendor expo I bought shoes last year, but nothing this year. You can find almost any type of gear or fuel you might need.

Also, do not forget to leave packing space for the ‘free’ race shirt(s).

Tervis mugs themed to the event (2018) or the Tervis wine glass (2017). Just remembered that I didn’t buy one thing at the expo, was sad, and ordered it on the Disney stores app after; the shot glass (2016).

Last year at Princess I bought rose gold ears.

Glass of champagne. Or beer. Hmm.

Last edited:
It depends on what the merchandise is like. I never preorder because I want to see it in person.

This year for Dopey I bought a pin for each race. The race weekend ornament and a dopey quarter zip.

I didn’t like the feel of the jackets. I have bought jackets in previous years.

W&D 16- tervis/hat preorder, magnet, RD dated headband
W&D 17- logo pin preorder, magnet, RD and 10k headband, tervis and I did it/medal replica pins at outlets
Star Wars 18- logo & medal pin/magnet preorder weekend headband, key chain and 10k I did it shirt at outlets
W&D 18- logo & medal pin/magnet preorder, event weekend and RD 2018 headband

Does any of the expo merchandise go on sale online later? I bought some things, but am interested in more.

I bought :
Run disney jacket - from the ESPN truck prior to the 10k.
Half I did it shirt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter