What Do We Think of the AK Tasting Sampler?

TigerlilyAJ

DIS Veteran
Anyone have experience with these? Is it not worth committing $50 to snacking around AK in order to get a bonus $10 to use at AK QS places after 4pm by January 4, 2020? Are the two reserved ROL seats you get any good?
"The sampler will go on sale tomorrow, Oct. 8, and costs $50. It includes two digital value cards: one $50 card that can be used at over 40 outdoor food and beverage locations throughout the park (and does not expire), and a bonus $10 card that can be used at the following quick-service restaurants after 4pm from December 22, 2019 through January 4, 2020: Restaurantosaurus (DinoLand U.S.A), Pizzafari and Pizzafari Family-Style Dining (Discovery Island), Flame Tree Barbecue (Discovery Island), and Satu’li Canteen (Pandora – The World of Avatar). In addition, with each $50 card purchased, you will receive two (2) reserved seats for the second showing of Rivers of Light: We are One (which must be redeemed between December 22, 2019 and January 4, 2020). "
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...kingdom-with-the-winter-2019-tasting-sampler/

I want to do this when I'm there in 2 weeks, but the wording confuses me. I keep re-reading it and interpreting it in different ways. At first I thought the $50 gift card was good to use at any time, but the extra $10 and the ROL FPs could only be redeemed between Dec. 22 and Jan 4th. In some articles it sounds like the whole promotion is only offered during that time frame as well (the menu items to use that original $50 card).

I suppose I could just call and have it clarified, but what fun is that?

It IS confusing! I read that the $10 bonus is only good for those dates at certain AK QS locations--and only after 4pm! So I feel like it might be too much hassle for the $10. I'll just get a $50 gift card at Target for $47.50 and let the kids go wild with that.

Well, I'm not excited to buy the sampler, but I am excited to use some of my snack credits on those items. It seems like a small version of an EP festival where you can "taste your way around the park" with snack credits as a lunch.

I'm interested to read responses to your post, OP.
I'm considering purchasing 3 of these, but will watch commentary for a bit before committing.
We are a party of 6 and will be traveling during the 12/22-1/4 window. My thinking is that I can purchase 3 of these packages and that would give us 6 show tickets, $150 worth of snacks, and $30 of quick service (I know, after 4pm) which we can all share. Food at WDW is pricey, but I don't see the need to get a $50 card for each of us. What do you all think: does splitting like this seem to be a good idea?

Another question, for anyone who knows how this works: what is a "digital value card"? Is it something they send (email?) after purchase that I pull up on my phone to show or scan and it logs the declining balance? If I buy three, will I have them all or can I assign two to others in my party? Sorry if this is straightforward and I'm clueless; it's a new concept for me.

I have no answers, but another question... do all these snack menu items not become available until Dec 22? I originally thought they would be available starting Oct 8, since that is the day it goes on sale. I thought only the quick service card was for after Dec 22. But now I’m not sure.

I have bought 3 of the Digital sampler cards for this year. My experience/research so far:
I received emails with my 'cards', one for each $50 sampler, and one for each $10 off after 4 QS. Adding them to my apple wallet has been 'fun' - as the wallet does not realize they are different ones - so you'll need to put 1 $50 sampler card and 1 $10 off card on different phones or use the email scan code.
The $10 off QS card can only be used after 4pm to 11:59p from 12/22 to 1/4 at: - Pizzafari, Pizzafari Family Style Dining, Restaurantosaurus, Satuli Canteen, Flame Tree Barbecue
The $50 card does not expire and can be used at anytime - I have not used mine yet, but will be there in less than 30 days to test the sampler card. I will also be there over Christmas, so I'll be using my $10 QS card and Rivers of Light seating then.
It does not look like it can be redeemed via Mobile Order.
I do not know if they will let you apply more than one $10 QS card to a single QS Order - for example, I want to do the sit down Pizzafari Family Style Dining for a family of 3 and I have 3 QS cards, can I use them all or are they going to limit me to one? (in which case the reservation version is useless for this).

Here's the links to all the small print:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/tasting-sampler/
For more detailed redemption information, please refer to the Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Tasting Sampler Guide, available at kiosks, carts, Vacation Planning booths, and Quick Service Restaurants throughout Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, as well as at Discovery Island Mercantile.​
Terms and Conditions : DISNEYS ANIMAL KINGDOM(R) TASTING SAMPLER is not valid until activated and monetary value added. Use or acceptance of this product constitutes acceptance of these terms. Lost, stolen, or damaged products cannot be replaced without required proof of ownership and complete card number. You may use this product at select participating outdoor carts and kiosks locations at Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park for food and beverage. Not refundable or redeemable for cash unless required by law. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. (DGCS) is the issuer and sole obligor. DGCS is not responsible for any unauthorized use of the product. For participating locations and additional terms and conditions visit disneyterms.com/daktastingsampler. For balance inquiry please visit any participating food and beverage location. Not a credit or debit card. Product is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from unauthorized sellers or resellers. DGCS may change the terms and conditions of this product upon notice at disneyterms.com/daktastingsampler.​
https://disneyterms.com/daktastingsampler
For more detailed redemption information, please refer to the Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Tasting Sampler Guide, available at kiosks, carts, Vacation Planning booths, and Quick Service Restaurants throughout Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park, as well as at Discovery Island Mercantile.​
Terms and Conditions : DISNEYS ANIMAL KINGDOM(R) AFTER 4 QUICK SERVICE BONUS is not valid until activated and monetary value added. Use or acceptance of this product constitutes acceptance of these terms. Lost, stolen, or damaged products cannot be replaced without required proof of ownership and complete card number. You may use this product at select participating quick service locations at Disney's Animal Kingdom(R) Theme Park for food and beverage. Not refundable or redeemable for cash unless required by law. Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. (DGCS) is the issuer and sole obligor. DGCS is not responsible for any unauthorized use of the product. For participating locations and additional terms and conditions visit disneyterms.com/dakqsbonus2019. For balance inquiry please visit any participating food and beverage location. Not a credit or debit card. Product is not valid and will not be honored if obtained from unauthorized sellers or resellers. DGCS may change the terms and conditions of this product upon notice at disneyterms.com/dakqsbonus2019​
https://disneyterms.com/dakqsbonus2019

@Cynner, I have the exact same question regarding combining the $10 bonus cards on one order for Pizzafari family dining. I'll plan to ask when I get there, along with how we redeem the reserved seats for the Rivers of Light show (don't see anything about that in the fine print), and am hoping they will have a map or list of which food carts/kiosks are considered participating locations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter