What do people dislike about BOG??

They don't have to. People are falling all over themselves to make reservations there. You see multiple people here every day seemingly near the point of tears over not being able to get a BoG reservation. Pure panic. Over BoG. :rolleyes:

Oh absolutely! I'm not going to argue with you there... the Mouse is a business. Why run up a larger bill to foot better service and food when it's not necessary? (This is one of the many reasons why I will not be renewing my AP and visiting the parks for awhile, but I digress.) :rolleyes2

I'll go there for breakfast to be able to get 7DMT in before RD. But the food there isn't that great and is grossly overpriced. I've been scared off of going for lunch or dinner from reviews and posts about how it's not worth it, and there's no PPO benefit. The place is gorgeous, and a PPO breakfast is a pretty good way to be able to see it without it being too crowded or loud. But if you got a large party, those grossly overpriced $25/head breakfasts will add up fast and it probably won't be worth it even to see the place unless you're on the dining plan. I'm a solo or two person traveler at most, so it works for me.

We LOVE the lunch at Be Our Guest. We really enjoy the food and the atmosphere. The options are a bit different than most quick services and I like being able to order online. I always get the quinoa salad and other members of our party enjoy the turkey sandwich. The lemon cream puff dessert is gluten free and a special treat. It's a nice break from the heat and crowds. The ballroom is beautiful with the snow falling outside the window. The West Wing is dark but fun to see. We haven't eaten dinner or breakfast there as the menus don't appeal and the prices for those meals seem high.

I could only get a late lunch reservation for one on the day we will be there which seems to be ok since my husband and boys have no real interest in going. I am going in with low expectations on the food because honestly, I just want to see inside for myself. Do they actually have tables for only one person? This seems strange.

It is so loud. I will go for lunch and stand around until I can get a table in the slightly less-loud room where the storm is, but I don't want to spend the dinner prices on that loud, crowded space.

I could only get a late lunch reservation for one on the day we will be there which seems to be ok since my husband and boys have no real interest in going. I am going in with low expectations on the food because honestly, I just want to see inside for myself. Do they actually have tables for only one person? This seems strange.
Yes they do.

I don’t dislike BOG, but i wanted to love it, and it just didn’t live up to our expectations. The food was ok, the service was alright, but the restaurant was crazy-crowded and SO loud. My kids don’t really like the menu, so all of those things together contribute to us not having gone more than once. Every trip, I consider it, but when I look at the menu, it just doesn’t justify the time from our schedule and the cost. Other people love it, though. Maybe we’ll give it another try someday.

I thought the food was good, not spectacular but the service was bad. Very bad. I had to ask 3 different people to have the manager come over.

Ate dinner at BOG. Great atmosphere. Food just plain sucked. Ate Breakfast one morning and it was okay. The only reason we will go back is for breakfast if we can get a pre park opening ADR so we can be at the back of the park when it opens.

I do think they could use better sound attenuation in the ballroom, there's really nothing in there to absorb the noise.

But aren’t most Disney restaurants on the loud side? During trips we took with the dining plan and had a TS meal every night, that was one of my observations. Everywhere seemed loud and I felt it was due to the decor. WDW decorators don’t seem to use wall coverings, carpeting and drapery that would absorb noise.

This post is going to get closed I suspect.

It is not taken when it was offered and purposely not charged by the restaurant. This goes back to 2015. I do not recall the exact nature of the interaction. I do recall thinking that this was the disney magic we sometimes received. From a free balloon, a Minnie doll given to my child by Minnie herself when she was crying, a free dessert brought out, an appetizer ordered but told it would not be charged. I was raised to never steal by a police officer and always follow the law as a lawyer. I would never put myself in a situation of theft and ruin my career for a few bucks. I am done talking about this. Think what you like.
We have been given a few freebies by CM's and I think it is just their way of trying to make your visit special. Some people just overreact to things on here.

But aren’t most Disney restaurants on the loud side? During trips we took with the dining plan and had a TS meal every night, that was one of my observations. Everywhere seemed loud and I felt it was due to the decor. WDW decorators don’t seem to use wall coverings, carpeting and drapery that would absorb noise.
That's not what I've found. Then again we mostly do TS at the resorts. But I didn't have an issue with Skipper Canteen or Tiffins.... but they also haven't been super crowded when I've gone.

We have been given a few freebies by CM's and I think it is just their way of trying to make your visit special. Some people just overreact to things on here.

::yes::

Years ago, I posted about taking cookies to go from Chef Mickey’s buffet with the blessing of our server. Based on the reaction I got here, you would have thought that I posted that we stole a cash register.

I don't get the complaints about BOG Lunch.

"It's Overpriced" -- You're at Disney. Everything is overpriced. BOG Lunch is only a few dollars more than other QS options such as Cosmic Ray's or Pinocchio Village Haus.
  • BOG QS Lunch -- $26-27 for Braised Pork/French Dip, Drink, Master's Cupcake, and an Nice Venue ($23 w/o Desert)
  • Other QS Options -- $20-25 for a sub-par Burger/Sandwich/Pasta, Drink, Desert, and No Atmosphere ($15-20 w/o Desert)
"It's Chaotic" -- Most QS places are chaotic. Unlike certain other QS options, I've never had to stand with food in hand waiting for a table at BOG. Compared to Quick Service options, BOG Lunch is in my experience far less chaotic.

"The Food isn't that Great" -- Obviously, opinions may vary, but I found it to be just as good as what you get at Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill, but 57-73% of the price and not AYCTE. BOG Lunch is a strange hybrid between TS and QS. Its technically QS, but has elements of TS (ADRs, Food brought to your table). I think many folks go in expecting too much of it. I like both the French Dip and Braised Pork. They are middle of the road, but decent and far better than what you'd get at Cosmic Ray's or most other QS options.

I try to get a BOG Lunch ADR any time I do the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland side of MK. I'll spend a few extra dollars not to grace the doors of Cosmic Ray's or Pinocchio Village Haus (aside from EMM Breakfast which was very good). On a side note, if you do the DDS (I mean DDP), BOG Lunch is QS, so it should cost the same as any other QS option.

I haven't noticed it much elsewhere. The high ceiling and no soft surfaces in the ballroom seem to magnify the sound more than other restaurants.

I don't get the complaints about BOG Lunch.

"It's Overpriced" -- You're at Disney. Everything is overpriced. BOG Lunch is only a few dollars more than other QS options such as Cosmic Ray's or Pinocchio Village Haus.
  • BOG QS Lunch -- $26-27 for Braised Pork/French Dip, Drink, Master's Cupcake, and an Nice Venue ($23 w/o Desert)
  • Other QS Options -- $20-25 for a sub-par Burger/Sandwich/Pasta, Drink, Desert, and No Atmosphere ($15-20 w/o Desert)
"It's Chaotic" -- Most QS places are chaotic. Unlike certain other QS options, I've never had to stand with food in hand waiting for a table at BOG. Compared to Quick Service options, BOG Lunch is in my experience far less chaotic.

"The Food isn't that Great" -- Obviously, opinions may vary, but I found it to be just as good as what you get at Liberty Tree Tavern or Garden Grill, but 57-73% of the price and not AYCTE. BOG Lunch is a strange hybrid between TS and QS. Its technically QS, but has elements of TS (ADRs, Food brought to your table). I think many folks go in expecting too much of it. I like both the French Dip and Braised Pork. They are middle of the road, but decent and far better than what you'd get at Cosmic Ray's or most other QS options.

I try to get a BOG Lunch ADR any time I do the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland side of MK. I'll spend a few extra dollars not to grace the doors of Cosmic Ray's or Pinocchio Village Haus (aside from EMM Breakfast which was very good). On a side note, if you do the DDS (I mean DDP), BOG Lunch is QS, so it should cost the same as any other QS option.

I agree with all of this, right down to the braised pork and French dip.

We’ve only had dinner and rather than Columbia Harbor House we didn’t have a single meal that wasn’t wonderful on our last trip. If you want a quiet time look for a later reservation. It adds the ambiance as the castle is emptier and therefore quieter. We ate at 10:30pm and it was the best experience ever. Our food was absolutely delicious. My husband got the pot roast and I got the chicken. I remember the strawberry cupcake most of all. It was divine.

Went for dinner. It was not a miserable experience (those honors went to T-Rex and the old ABC Commissary), but not good enough to bother going back.
  • We found the food "meh." Considering the cost and hype, "meh" didn't cut it. It was faux "fine dining" by a kitchen staff that couldn't pull it off.
  • We felt the ballroom felt like a large cafeteria. Huge, loud, with a million tables, and the theming just didn't make up for it. Might have felt differently in the West Wing.
By comparison, we love Skippers Canteen, it's a "must do" for us. But otherwise, we prefer a few QS or leaving. MK and DHS are low on the food totem pole for us, we snack a lot at those parks and leave for meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts