• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do I tell the kids?

wintergreen

DIS Veteran
DH has a conference at the Contemporary at the end of Feb. He would like me to come join him for a few days, and we don't want to pull the kids out of school. My DDs are 7 and 9, and their favorite place in the world is WDW. Do I lie and say that we are going somewhere that is not interesting to them, or do I tell them the truth, and have to put up with their disappointment at not being included? Help!!!
confused.gif

I would tell them the truth - you are taking them for Thanksgiving right?

just tell them that he will stuck in meeting all day.

what is worse not being at WDW or being there and having to WORK....

if they are in school they should understand about working....

Tell them the truth and then bring them back a great surprise.

Tell them you are going down to setup a surprise for when you go later and that you wont be riding any rides this time.

Also what does DH, DD, and all those stand for?

DH= Dear (or Disney) Husband
DS= Dear Son
DD= Dear Daughter

The first and only time we've been to WDW we took our grandkids and had a wonderful time. Now we're going back without them. To gauge their reaction, I told them we were going to Florida and would most likely go to DisneyWorld while we were there. My now 10-year-old granddaughter said, "But you're going to do adult stuff, right? You won't go on any of OUR rides!" I assured her we would be spending all our time doing things they would think are boring. I haven't talked about it much since and they haven't asked.

THE TRUTH!! When we were younger my bff's parents told her they were going to a teaching conference in NC, b/c they didnt want her to know that they were going to FL. Someone called for them while they were away and she called the "hotel" they were staying at and found out they were not guests. When she finally found out the truth she was extremely angry and upset. We're all grown up and graduated from college and her parents still havent heard the end of the "teacher's conference disaster!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter