What Disney Tip Are you really glad you listened to?

:tinker:One of the best tips we received was to do the Tinkerbell gifts for our dd (5yrs old). Every morning of our vacation she would wake up to find a small gift along with a note from Tinkerbell

We're planning a trip for November of 2017. It will be my then 4 year old Granddaughter's first trip. Tinkerbell has been leaving her little gifts every now and then which leads to conversation about the trip. I've got a "Disney Trip November 2017" box that I've been collecting stuff for the trip. And I've been doing so many of the things mentioned on this board, even before I read about them. I think Grandma may be having more fun planning and talking abut the trip than anyone right now!

Lots of brilliant tips on the boards!
  • drink lots of water & take breaks in the air-conditioned shops
  • sunscreen and reapply during the day
  • get there early for rope drop - we have always got loads done in the first hour
  • comfortable trainers
  • have a plan - but don't worry if you can't always follow it - sometimes the best moments are unplanned

Take a picture of your plans for the day and then make that your lock screen pic. Will save you battery life on your phone as you can access plans just by hitting the home button briefly instead of going all the way into the app.

Take a family picture every day before you head into the park. If you're scrapbooking your trip or creating a photo book, it's a neat way to start each day's photos. Also, (and I don't mean to sound negative - I am a worrier), but if one of your children were to be momentarily lost, having a photo in that day's attire is an easy way to show others what your child looks like.

Extra Magic Hours really aren't worth it.

I can't believe what I'm reading. I never thought I'd see the day someone would say such a thing.
:scared:
The #1 tip, above all others, is to get there early. An EXTRA hour early is wonderful. Is this just the opinion of a teenager who would prefer to sleep in (is that a pic of you?)?

I have to think, if you're serious about this quote, then you're simply not doing it right Mage.

I thought of another and not sure it's been mentioned here. On day one we grocery shop (rental car) and OK don't judge...get the wine, beer and water. =) yum. We usually stay at BWV with parking farrrrrr away. Someone on the DIS said take your empty suitcase or duffel to the car, put your groceries in it and roll it on up to your room. Another why didn't I think of that? moment.

So this was my favorite thread whenever I start planning a trip but it hasn't seen any activity in a while. I'm wondering if there's been any other thread like this that's more recent?

So this was my favorite thread whenever I start planning a trip but it hasn't seen any activity in a while. I'm wondering if there's been any other thread like this that's more recent?

Most of the tips are still relevant. I am guessing you are talking about navigating the newer systems? Just start a new one.

The best tip we got before our first trip (in many years) was to try Be Our Guest at lunch when it is a qs location. We ate there 3 times over 2 trips and glad we did. As most know, that is no longer possible.

The best tip we got before our first trip (in many years) was to try Be Our Guest at lunch when it is a qs location. We ate there 3 times over 2 trips and glad we did. As most know, that is no longer possible.

I didn’t know BOG became a table service at lunch!? Glad you told me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter