"What?? Did you say 8 trips in 2019?" An new AP holder's PTR (updated 11/25)

Chapter 2: May Plans

Hey y'all! I'm back! So we are 16 days out from our May trip so I figured I would add our plans here (I apologize in advance for the text only post).

Originally this was a Girls' Disboard Trip that I believe @chunkymonkey got the ball rolling on. I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it because of a lot of things...financial, work-wise, child-wise, etc. But I really, really wanted to! Then the further the discussions got, a lot of the girls invited their hubs and Chad and I hadn't had a trip alone since before AJ was born 7.5 years ago. So we discussed it and decided we would make a go of it. I hadn't ever been to Flower & Garden so I was really excited.

We live in GA and we always drive - I think I have flown twice in my life to Disney - because of the costs and the fact that with everything included in flying, it doesn't really save that much time. But, since it was just the two of us and we were only going Friday-Sunday, we decided what the hey and bought tickets for a SW flight arriving Friday, May 3 and departing Sunday, May 5. I booked us a room at POFQ. I have always wanted to stay there and have never been able to!

The groups plans started to come along, as did our individual plans. So what were they, you ask. Here ya go...

So our original (hmmmm) flight left around 6:15am and arrived around 7:45. We planned to take ME to POFQ and hope to get in our room early. Then head over to Disney Springs for some shopping, eating, and drinking. It really is one of our favorite places because we both love our Disney merch, Disney food, and Disney drinks! We made a lunch ressie at The Boathouse - we loved it in October - as well as put lots of other drinks and some snacks on our list. After a morning of hanging at the Springs, we will head back to the resort to change and head to the Poly. The plan is to try to hit up Trader Sam's for a bit before a big group dinner at Ohana. After this, I think is a couple bar stops including Geyser Point at WL (one of my favorite places on earth).

Saturday, Chad had originally made plans to fish at 6am with another husband and then we would go to Epcot for the day. I think most of the group is starting at HS for May the Fourth but we only have base tickets so Epcot it is. I went ahead and made a FP for Figment (thinking we would let this one expire because we would not be rushing there after the fishing), Test Track (haven't done this in forever due to various reasons), and Spaceship Earth. I figured after that I would try to get us an additional for Soarin'. Then around 2 I think we are meeting up with the group in World Showcase to start our tour of the F&G booths. DH and I did make an earlyish ADR for Via Napoli in case we felt like a real meal after all the snacking. We'll see how it all works out. After that is the big group for the Illuminations Cruise. I have never done this and it seems like perfect timing with it going away in September. After that, DH and I may hit up Scat Cat's at POFQ or the River Roost at POR to hear Yeeha Bob.

On Sunday, the last day of our quick trip, we have plans with the group to do California Grill brunch, I am really looking forward to this! I did Cali Grill for dinner a really long time ago...maybe 2005 or 2006. It will definitely be something nice to close out the trip and a good one to do without our crazy boys! Our flight out is at 4 so I guess we will need to be back to POFQ by 1 to be picked up by ME. Boo.

So you may have noticed I said "originally" a few times. Well that's because plans have changed somewhat. Twice now, Southwest has cancelled our arrival flight. So now we are coming in the night before. At first it was an 8:15pm flight, now it is a 6:45pm flight. So I had to take a half day off that day because I would never make it to the airport on time, and we had to book a stay for that night. At first I booked a hotel near the airport but it just seemed like too much hassle to deal with shuttling to a hotel, shuttling back the next day, then taking ME. So I found us a Sun & Fun rate at Pop so we are doing one night there. When we arrive, we do plan to pop over to DS for a bite to eat and some drinks. Then the next day, we will check out of Pop, let Disney transport our luggage to POFQ and continue on with our original plans.

Also, the husband that DH was going to fish with isn't going on the trip anymore so he is skipping that and we will hit up Epcot earlier than planned. We will probably try to rope drop Soarin' before continuing on with our plans for the day.

Okay, so that is it for May. Sorry no photos. I thought about googling and posting photos of the things we had planned to do...or look back through my own but I figured I would just get this posted as fast as I could and hope you all don't mind too much!

BTW, there is a group PTR about the trip here if you want to check it out...
https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...group-ptr-for-2019-less-than-30-days.3693851/

Thanks for reading!

I feel like SW's no change fee can be a benefit and a curse! lol Although, they've been changing so many flights lately because of the MAX 8 planes that I'm not surprised yours was changed. I'm glad it worked out though! I'm sure it will be nice to get in the night before instead of taking a super early morning flight in!

I feel like SW's no change fee can be a benefit and a curse! lol Although, they've been changing so many flights lately because of the MAX 8 planes that I'm not surprised yours was changed. I'm glad it worked out though! I'm sure it will be nice to get in the night before instead of taking a super early morning flight in!
Yes, its probably a blessing in disguise though financially speaking we are now paying out more money and work wise, I have to take another (half) day off. I was told to give them a call after the trip is over and they will work with us. A voucher would be nice because DH and I plan to fly again in October. But we will see what they are willing to do.

Yes, its probably a blessing in disguise though financially speaking we are now paying out more money and work wise, I have to take another (half) day off. I was told to give them a call after the trip is over and they will work with us. A voucher would be nice because DH and I plan to fly again in October. But we will see what they are willing to do.

Yeah I would DEFINITELY write them a letter. It can't hurt to ask. When they delayed our flight nearly three hours last July I asked when checking in if we would get any compensation and the desk agent gave my husband and I each $200 vouchers good for one year. Which has paid for nearly two trips worth of flights! So I would definitely ask!

Yeah I would DEFINITELY write them a letter. It can't hurt to ask. When they delayed our flight nearly three hours last July I asked when checking in if we would get any compensation and the desk agent gave my husband and I each $200 vouchers good for one year. Which has paid for nearly two trips worth of flights! So I would definitely ask!
That's awesome! I am keeping my fingers crossed but I think I have a good chance!

Chapter 3, Part 1: June Plans

Okay friends, our June trip is upon us and I haven't posted any of our plans! So here goes.

Saturday, June 8: Leave Atlanta around 6/7am. The trip without stops is 6.5 hours and we usually do well, so I'll say we'll arrive between 1 - 2pm. Fingers crossed. Staying at Wilderness Lodge. Hopefully the room will be ready. We are hoping for pool (and pool drinks) time though I may stay up in the room and unpack first. I say may because we actually have two reservations (the first is just one night) so I need to see if they will allow us to stay in the same room or not.

After that we are heading to Epcot. We have a dinner reservation at San Angel and plans to ride Three Caballeros, Frozen, and Spaceship earth before heading back to the resort. Short and sweet. Normally we wouldn't even go to a park on arrival day but we do need to eat, we have APs, and it is a good way to get a Tier 1 knocked out.

Sunday, June 9: EMM at MK. Then we will stay at MK until we decide to head out for a break. Lunch at CHH. We won't be coming back that night because we are doing Pirates & Pals. So we will probably have a meal at Geyser Point or Roaring Fork before the cruise.

Monday, June 10: We are going to attempt a late start day. I am normally a rope drop/midday break/nighttime touring kind of gal. But my DH asked for a break day on this trip and to compromise (HAHA) I decided we would do two late start days instead. I just don't think I can be at WDW and not go into a park and nighttime is my favorite time so This was my solution.

We have breakfast at WCC at 9:30, then we will ave some pool time and also rent Sea Raycers to race around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon. We are planning to be in HS by 3 and eating at Woody's Lunch Box. We also have the Star Wars Dessert Party that night.

Okay, we are headed to an early dinner with my parents so I will come back and finish later!

Sunday, June 9: EMM at MK. Then we will stay at MK until we decide to head out for a break. Lunch at CHH. We won't be coming back that night because we are doing Pirates & Pals. So we will probably have a meal at Geyser Point or Roaring Fork before the cruise.

I'll be at MK until after my Skipper's meal at 330, so I will keep my eyes open for you!!

We just have to get through today and then we're all on our way!! :dogdance: :dogdance:

Sounds like good plans so far! So jealous that you guys are headed back already! We are still in school for 2 more weeks!
Thanks! And yuck that stinks! But we will be back way before you...the beginning of August!
Tomorrow!!!!!

Have an amazing trip!
Thank you!!
Have a great trip!!!! We are here now so just missing you all again...
Man, that stinks! Hope you guys are having fun!
I'll be at MK until after my Skipper's meal at 330, so I will keep my eyes open for you!!

We just have to get through today and then we're all on our way!! :dogdance: :dogdance:
Sounds good! I'll see if I can send you my touring plan so you'll know if our plans may cross!
Have a wonderful trip!!
Thank you!!

Chapter 3, Part 2: June Plans

Okay, I'm back! 1 day! Wahoo! Anyway, the rest of the plans:

Tuesday, June 11: HS/MK day. PPO at H&V so we can sign up for Jedi Training beforehand. AS2 after breakfast. No FPs for HS as I scheduled them for MK after our break. So we'll hang around and do a few things until about 1 or so, then head back for a break. MK that night. Probably Pecos Bill for dinner. Then just touring until close.

Wednesday, June 12: DS/HS day. We should be able to sleep in somewhat, then head to DS. We love to shop, drink, and eat there. LOL. We have lunch at Homecomin'. Finally trying it! Then our usually break around 1-5. Dinner at Beaches & Cream for the first time at 5:30. HS after that. I got our SDD FP for this night so we can ride it around dusk. Then Fantasmic.

Thursday, June 13: MK/AK/Villains! We are rope dropping MK and have no FPs because I booked them at AK. So planning lots of the classic stuff that is easy to get into. We are going to actually check out Tom Sawyer's Island, which only my husband has ever done and that was probably almost 40 years ago! Breakfast at Crystal Palace, which seems to be an yearly unwritten rule for us on our long trip. Our usual break, then Sanaa for dinner (Chad's fave). AK at night. Doing Navi for the first time, then a dusk safari, then EE at night for me, plus Pandora at night and the Tree of Life Awakenings. No ROL. Sorry, not a fan. After that, I'll drop all the boys back at the hotel and hit up MK with one of my fellow travel agents for the Villains After Hours! This is sure to be a fun time! And I know several others that are attending: my dental hygenist, @xlsm, @Raeven, and several other Disers!

Friday, June 14: AK/MK. Rope dropping AK (I'm not getting much sleep, I suppose), doing FoP today. Unfortunately Will is too short but AJ is tall enough and he absolutely loves Star Tours so I am hoping he really enjoys FoP. I haven't done it before because I get motion sick on certain simulators. I can do Soarin but not Star Tours...but I am not missing FOP this time, so I have my sea bands and my Bonine. Wish me luck. We also have Yak & Yeti for lunch. I wasn't impressed three years ago but I am willing to give it another try. I am planning to get the Ahi Tuna nachos because I have heard so many good things! I got some Ahi Tuna Tacos back two years ago at WCC (unfortunately I think they took them off the menu) and they were delicious. So, I am looking forward to the nachos!

Then its another break before our dinner at Storybook Dining at Artist Point. I've heard such mixed reviews but we are going to go for it ourselves and see what we think. Then the boat over to MK to enjoy our last night there. Crazily enough (don't have a heart attack lol), I have no touring plans for this night, like I do for every other park and day. I just figured we'd do whatever we want to. We will have already done just about everything so we can just do our favorites over again. Should be a fun time.

Saturday, June 15: Epcot. We'll spend our whole day and evening there, with breakfast at Garden Grill, except for our break and then dinner at Yachtsman...which I am looking so forward to! Hoping to catch Illuminations though we do have at least one other opportunity to see it before it leaves us. Also need to make sure we do The American Adventure. My husband is a huge American History buff and has never seen it. Also Soarin and Test Track is on the list. We will all finally be able to do these together!

Sunday, June 16: Departure day. Boo hoo. I did book 3 FPs at MK because we have APs and we will be right there, but we will see if we make it over or not. It's not a huge deal when we get home for AJ, Will and me, but my husband will have to work. He has a new job and his normal hours begin a 6am, though he hasn't started that yet. But if he does have to be at work then, he may want us to rush home. Or we may hit up the outlet. We'll play it by ear.

And there ya have it. Short and sweet. Sorry for no photos and not much detail but I waited way too late to do all that. Now I just need to work on combining my gift cards, paying the bills, last minute laundry, and packing! If anyone wants to follow along on our adventures and is not already my Facebook friend, send me a PM so we can get connected! I do plan to write a TR once we get back home. I'm not the best at keeping up with them (still need to finish March and never even started May...oops) but I do plan to try my best!

See ya' reel soon!

And I know several others that are attending: my dental hygenist, @xlsm, @Raeven, and several other Disers!

I'm really excited for this!!

so I have my sea bands and my Bonine

Seabands really worked for my mom, and she gets really really motion sick since chemo. Only thing that really bothered her was Star Tours

Then its another break before our dinner at Storybook Dining at Artist Point.

We had a great experience at the end of December...I hear the mushroom bisque is the current soup, so hopefully you have a wonderful meal there, too!

(oh, and I finally have most of my packing done :rotfl: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter