What did you do in Grand Cayman Islands??

We skip the excursions and hop a taxi over to Cayman Island Brewing and get their brewery tour and tasting (5-6oz pours) for $10, the usually grab a pint or 2 and some 6 packs to bring back on the ship. Then we take a taxi back to the port area and go shopping. We usually skip lunch and grab a snack when we get back on the ship.

If you like good beer - CayBrew should be on your list.

We did a non-DCL excursion, where we got jet-ski's to Stingray City and it was beyond AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then our guide took us to Starfish Point and then we rode our jet skis back. We had the guide to ourselves. I would highly recommend!

We did the Stingray City/Dolphin Swim through DCL. It was the best excursion we have ever done. All of my family loved it.

If you are able to visit Camana Bay do so. It is the Disney Springs of the Caymans. It is super neat and worth a trip. If you want to talk more about Grand Caymans, PM me. I have spent almost three weeks there last year on two different trips with my family for my daughter's surgeries. And we did vacation a bit while we were down there. We got to know the island, most of it, quite well.

We did a charter with Crystal Charters and it was excellent. We couldn’t get to Stingray City because of swells/high winds but the crew was able attract one, which was great.

We also just boated around and stopped to eat at Kaibo Beach Bar which was fun by itself. Lots of games for parents and kids.

Weather was too rough for fishing or snorkeling but we still had a great time.

We took a taxi to the Royal Palms Resort and spent a few hours on the beach. $5pp taxi ride each way and $2pp to use their beach. We didn’t rent any chairs or eat anything there, so it was a pretty inexpensive beach day $24 plus a tip for the taxi driver.

Stingray Sailing with Captain Chip. The best excursion I have done on any cruise. They take a small group out to the stingrays, give you food to feed them, and once you are done there they also take you to a reef for snorkeling.
I am sure there are other good stingray experiences, but avoid the big groups you book with the cruise line, there are just too many people to get the attention you would want.

So glad for this thread; I looked up this operator and am booking with them for our upcoming cruise. Sounds great!

was so looking forward to going to the Grand Cayman Islands and my first cruise it was too rough to disembark. My second time we toured the island and had lunch at a subpar restaurant. It was a big letdown. This time I want to get it right. What have you done or suggest I do to enjoy the island?
First time we did the turtle farm and Hell. Also had a stop at a rum shop.

Second time, just got off the ship and walked around the local town/port area.

Ideas if you don't do shopping (boring) and do NOT want to do stingrays (just...NO. 100% ZERO desire to willingly put myself in the water and be surrounded by so many. I realize that they live in the water naturally, but if I saw that many I would never get in.)?

Ideas if you don't do shopping (boring) and do NOT want to do stingrays (just...NO. 100% ZERO desire to willingly put myself in the water and be surrounded by so many. I realize that they live in the water naturally, but if I saw that many I would never get in.)?

Catamaran cruise. Beautiful way to see the island. Many of them will probably stop at Stingray City but there's no requirement that you get in the water.

I have done dolphin swim, turtle farm, and hell and found them all to be very touristy.

Where is Royal Palms and is it a disney excursion? We are a party of 6 adults and love the idea of a cabana. Thank you
It is on 7 mile beach. If you google Royal Palms you will find it. It isn't an excursion with Disney but I am told it is a short taxi ride away.

We went to Hell! Lol It's fun to do once, just say that you've been to Hell and back. It takes about 20-30 minutes and then you're done.

CaymanIslands2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts