What did you do in Grand Cayman Islands??

Did anyone visit Pedro castle, the crystal caves or do the 3wheel scooters?

We did the Atlantis Submarine Expedition and enjoyed it. The beaches are spectacular is you prefer to stay above the waterline.

Did you book direct or through DCL? I looked at the operator's website and saw that it's $109 per person while it's $120 through DCL. I wonder if they are different experiences as I don't mind paying an extra $11 for the peace of mind (assuming DCL doesn't tack on additional fees).

LAX

Did you book direct or through DCL? I looked at the operator's website and saw that it's $109 per person while it's $120 through DCL. I wonder if they are different experiences as I don't mind paying an extra $11 for the peace of mind (assuming DCL doesn't tack on additional fees).

LAX

Same thing, there is always a bit of a cruise line upcharge. Note: booking through DCL will give you priority access to the tender boats so you don't have to wait around if your excursion is in the morning.

Did you book direct or through DCL? I looked at the operator's website and saw that it's $109 per person while it's $120 through DCL. I wonder if they are different experiences as I don't mind paying an extra $11 for the peace of mind (assuming DCL doesn't tack on additional fees).LAX
Yes, directly with DCL. I couldn't tell a DCL paid passenger from a third party paid passenger on the sub. We pay the premium to assure the ship will not leave without us. Actually our favorite thing is to sit on the veranda and watch the late ones running.

See what day the ship is in Grand Cayman. If it's on a Sunday you may as well pick an excursion because nothing is open.
We picked a fun day a the beach where you are bused to a nice beach, the driver has a mic and gives you a good narration of the tour and you get either a fruit punch or adult fruit punch at the beach. There was a bar, a restaurant as well. The only real downside is having to wait for a tender just for that excursion and having to wait for our bus. Really it was happy fun half day beach. The water was great, the beach was great and we had a good time. Undecided if I would do it again only because there were a lot of options for the day and I'd like to see more of the island.

See what day the ship is in Grand Cayman. If it's on a Sunday you may as well pick an excursion because nothing is open.
We picked a fun day a the beach where you are bused to a nice beach, the driver has a mic and gives you a good narration of the tour and you get either a fruit punch or adult fruit punch at the beach. There was a bar, a restaurant as well. The only real downside is having to wait for a tender just for that excursion and having to wait for our bus. Really it was happy fun half day beach. The water was great, the beach was great and we had a good time. Undecided if I would do it again only because there were a lot of options for the day and I'd like to see more of the island.

Do you know what excursion this was? This sounds perfect for our group.

I looked for it and I don't see it on the DCL site :( but it was at the Royal Palms Beach Club
You can take a cab easily to Royal Palms. Then it’s $2.00 per person admission. More if you want to rent chairs or cabanas. Sit on a towel and it’s a pretty cheap day!!

We went to Royal Palms Beach Club on our own. We shared a small bus/taxi and paid a small entrance fee. The beach club has a pool, restrooms, and nice restaurant and bar, plus you can rent beach chairs or a cabana. It's on a great stretch of beach. We went first thing in the morning and we had our pick of seats. It got more crowded as the day went on. Then we took a taxi back with time to check out the shops in port and know that it is a short walk to the ship so we wouldn't miss it.

Thanks for the Capt Chip recommendation. We just got back and it was the highlight of our shore excisions. It was relaxing to be in a small group, there were only two other families on the boat. Chip and his crew have an appreciation for their island and its natural resources. That was refreshing compared to the big companies that maximize the dollars they make off tourists.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter