What did Teresa Say?

StraightToDumbo

Monorails kill dreams.
What did Teresa Echols say that made people so mad? I could've sworn I remember it being something about the All-Stars, but why were people so upset by her comment?

Always best to just go back and re-watch the podcast if curious. I was watching live that day and it didn't even register as anything on my radar. I've stayed at the All Stars (going back in a few weeks) and couldn't be happier with Sports. Teresa is a top-notch member of the DIS Team and her contributions day in and day out are incredible. I am a Teresa fan girl. Well, fan woman. Do also check out the Trip show archives while you're at it. She shines. :-)

Always best to just go back and re-watch the podcast if curious. I was watching live that day and it didn't even register as anything on my radar. I've stayed at the All Stars (going back in a few weeks) and couldn't be happier with Sports. Teresa is a top-notch member of the DIS Team and her contributions day in and day out are incredible. I am a Teresa fan girl. Well, fan woman. Do also check out the Trip show archives while you're at it. She shines. :-)

I find her to be a little "you-know-whaty". Seems like maybe she doesn't get along great with the rest of the cast. If she was insinuating that people that stay at the All-Stars are poor, that was definitely in poor taste.

If you don't want to listen I made a transcript in another posting since so many posters wanted to just on Teresa but don't even listen to the show.

T: I agree with a lot of what Kathy said. I was on property last night and the construction. It was like driving through a. you didn't know where you were.
K: It wasn't Walt Disney world
T: It wasn't Walt Disney World. There was nothing magical about it. I mean I went to three resorts last night and every one of them it was just .
P: I thought you gave that up
T: No I do still work a little *whispers* i need that extra money
P: I'm tellin' sigh
T: I'm sorry
P: I thought you stopped
T: Bay Lake really you know
P: Oh I thought you were working the All Stars
T: Oh No those people don't have money, um they're saving their money for something else, well you know never whatever. I've been thinking about this too Kathy and I think, people, a lot of my clients are just fishing and wanting information about when this new stuff is coming and they are saving their money and waiting it out.......

Some people seem to attached to the All Stars don't have money comment instead of the sex work joke. I heard it and thought it was funny so maybe I'm a bad person as well.

Some people seem to attached to the All Stars don't have money comment instead of the sex work joke. I heard it and thought it was funny so maybe I'm a bad person as well.

They get pretty racy sometimes, but who hasn't made a dirty joke or something like it at Disney? Now, Teresa's personality definitely doesn't scream "Disney Freak" to me, but I'd doubt she realized where she was going in the midst of that bad joke.

Great post, @samsteele . I don't watch live, but remember seeing the show, and whatever the banter was, I remember thinking it was "snarky", but let out a little chuckle at the snark, and let it go at that. I love the banter, snarkiness and all, and it's one of the prime reasons I watch the show. I've said many times I watch even though I have no idea when I'll make it back, or watch the Universal Show sometimes even though I've never been - I watch for the personalities, the banter, all of that. Not raunchy ever, but not so PBJ and milk that it's boring either. Nice mix.

Anyway - since the banter did not stay with me, I never felt Teresa or Pete needed to apologize, but took them both as the class acts I've come to think of them both as when they did. I have also stayed at 2 of the All Stars, and Pop, and would not hesitate to again. But - as I said in another post - I also do not expect them to deliver a deluxe experience at a value price, and when I CHOOSE to stay there, it's most probably going to be based on price. Can pricing tiers be fodder for jokes? Sure, but that's just it - they're jokes. I don't take them personally having stayed there, and wouldn't again, if I stayed there again.

So - personally - I prefer NOT go to back and listen to find out what was said, but that's just me. I wouldn't judge anybody else that wants to.

I find her to be a little "you-know-whaty". Seems like maybe she doesn't get along great with the rest of the cast. If she was insinuating that people that stay at the All-Stars are poor, that was definitely in poor taste.
That's your opinion. I don't share it. Fair enough. But you started a thread & I answered honestly & helpfully. If your thread is a complaint then please change the title to make it clear to others. Looks like you asked and then answered your own question. If your only reason for the thread is to grind an axe, then I'm out.

I'm always amazed at how incredibly thin-skinned people are getting these days. In the words of the immortal Sgt. Hulka...

UZ68xpQ8ToaOOuYSsAF2NA.jpg

i once told a boss whom i respect to this day......."me and the other manager are so different in the way we perceive the business it is sometimes off putting". i have lived by the answer my whole career........" if you were both the same i would not need one of you".......... my meaning is what makes a thing work....chemistry.

i once told a boss whom i respect to this day......."me and the other manager are so different in the way we perceive the business it is sometimes off putting". i have lived by the answer my whole career........" if you were both the same i would not need one of you".......... my meaning is what makes a thing work....chemistry.
Cool - I like that answer - have to remember that! Thanx for posting!! :)

Thank you for posting the script. I was trying to figure out why she felt she needed to apologize, and what she said was pretty innocuous. I read the script, and thought, "THAT's what some people are upset about?" Teresa is one of the funniest people I know, and love to hear her comments. It's too bad that some people took it the wrong way.

i found the comment offensive and her being a sarcastic person isnt an excuse but really its not that big a deal really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!