• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What date is Thanksgiving?

manaris

Earning My Ears
<font size=3 color="blue">
Hi guys,
Just wondering does anyone know when exactly in November is Thanksgiving? We are planning to go Oct/Nov 2003 (returning 19th November). I think that Thanksgiving is at the end of November? The whole reason we are going at this time is to avoid the major crowds, so please nobody tell me Thanksgiving is the beginning of the month, or our plans will have to be re-thought!! If it is at the end of the month, do crowds pick up for the weeks leading up to the actual day, or is it only really the week around it?

Thanks!</font>
<font color="red" size=4><i>Andrew</i></font>

Hi Andrew,

As far as I know Thanksgiving falls on the third Thursday of November.

I'm not sure about crowds as I've never been this time of year.My guess is it is only busy just around Thankgiving?

Labor Day is September 1, 2003.

Labor Day falls on the 1st Monday of September.

Hmmmmm . . .I got the following info on Labor Day from the Internet about the meaning of Labor Day

The first Monday in September, is a creation of the labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of American workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of our country.

Oh, I forgot the 2nd Part of your question.

I have never been to WDW over Labor Day . . .but its a Holiday Weekend where most Americans have the day off from work. So I would assume (and that's a big assumption) that WDW would be somewhat crowded at this time. But I don't know for sure.

I think thanksgiving is fourth thursday. Just booked a PS and they said it was 28th! Please tell me if I am wrong as I will have booked the PS for the wrong date!!

I can confirm that Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November the 28th this year.

We are going in November the 3rd to 24th and the info I was given suggests that the week of Thanksgiving starts getting busier leading up to it and also the weekend just after it .

Hope this helps

Sean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter