What cookies do your make for Christmas time?

disneyfan.uk

Earning My Ears
Do you have a favourite receipe that you could post here for Christmas cookies/candies.

Unfortunatley my mother has never really been a big baker so we have not had any traditions. But just wondered if you have any Holiday traditions regarding baking cookies or candies?

Please share them - I'd love to try them out!!

I make my grandmother's Scotch Shortbread that is to die for! I'm at work now so I don't have the recipe handy, but I will try to post it later.

I don't bake for Christmas DH does. He bakes all his mothers old recipes. My favorite is the snowballs. One that I do make that is her recipe is her holly cookies.
Just make rice crispy treats but with corn flakes instead of the rice crispies. Add green food coloring to the marshmallows after you melt them. Drop this by tablespoon on wax paper and decorrate with 3 red hots.

I love Spritz cookies. They're easy and yummy. I like to take the five petal flower pattern and press out a sheet of them. When they come out of the oven, I press a red hot into the center. They look really pretty.

would always have a Christmas baking day and since she is visiting us this time
I thought we would do the same...she would make Choco chip cookies, gingerbread,
sugar cookies, and the ones we loved were chinese noodle cookies those are really easy.

1 bag of butterscotch chips
1 bag of peanut butter chips
melt together and add chinese noodles and put in the fridge they are yummy!

Holycow

These are my family's favorite cookie bars.

S'more Cookie Bars
(makes 16 bars)

1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1 lg. egg
1 t. vanilla
chocolate chips
3/4 c. graham cracker crumbs
3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking powder
7 oz. jar marshmallow creme

Grease an 8 inch square pan and preheat oven to 350. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add crumbs, flour, and baking powder. Beat until well mixed. Spoon 1/2 dough into pan and spread it evenly with fingertips. Sprinkle with a generous layer of chocolate chips and press them into the dough. Spread marshmallow over the chocolate. Flatten the remaining dough into little "pancakes". Place them over the marshmallow. Some areas will not be covered - that is okay! Bake 30 minutes or unitl goldn brown. Cut when cool. Enjoy. These are rich, but they don't last long. :D

I make Sugar Cookies, Russian Tea Cakes (better know as snowballs in my family)
Pumpkin Bread and Carmel Corn. My favorites are Graham Bars (some people have called them blondies). Here's the recipe from memory, it originally came from a old Grange Cookbook my mother had.

40 Graham Crackers (squares)
1 12 oz package of chocolate chips
2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1 C. chopped walnut (you can leave these out if you don't like nuts)

Line a 9x13 pan with tin foil and grease the foil. Crush Graham Crackers, it is easiest to seal them in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin. Combine Graham Crackers, Chocolate Chip, Walnuts and Sweetened Condensed Milk. Pour mixture into the pan. Bake at 350 for about 40 min. (until top is golden brown). Let cool, invert pan onto cooling rack and peel foil off bottom of the cookies. Cut when completely cool w/sharp knife into 1x2 squares, these are rich cookies so they can be cut smaller.
Enjoy.....

And the are a great old standby

Chocolate Truffle Cookies

1 1/4 cups butter or margarine softened
2 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1/4 cup sour cream
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cups (12ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chocolate sprinkles

In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll into 1 inch balls, dip in chocolate sprinkles. Place sprinkled side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: About 5 1/2 dozen

I love holiday cooking! Here's my most requested!

Buckeyes

Serves: 5 dozen

2 cups smooth peanut butter
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1-1/2 pounds confectioners' sugar
1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cake paraffin wax

1. In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter; mix until smooth. Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, stirring until thoroughly mixed. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls, place on a waxed paper-lined rimmed baking sheet and chill for 1 hour.

2. In a double boiler over medium heat, or in a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips and paraffin wax, stirring until smooth. Stick a toothpick in the center of each peanut butter ball and dip each three-quarters of the way into the chocolate mixture, coating all sides except the top quarter. Place on the waxed paper-lined rimmed baking sheet and remove the toothpick. Using your finger, fill in the hole left by the toothpick.

3. After dipping all the peanut butter balls, cover, and chill or freeze until ready to serve.

Enjoy! TK

For the last couple of years, my kids have "made" cookies to bring and share with our family. I buy the double stuff Oreos and white chocolate for dipping. We melt the chocolate in the microwave and then the kids cover the Oreos with the chocolate. After the chocolate has hardened, I let them decorate with the red and green frosting that comes in the tube. They really enjoy sharing with all their cousins.

Every year we make homemade peanut butter cups, although this year we are also making the Gourmet Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies from the Main Street Bakery. I hope they turn out right.

Peanut Butter Cups

1 bag of chocolate caps (melted down)
1 18oz jar of peanut butter
1 stick of butter
1 pound of powdered sugar

Blend peanut butter and melted butter. Add powdered sugar and kneed with hands until smooth. Roll into small balls or patties. Place a paper candy cup in mold, add a small amount of melted chocolate to cup and let harden in the fridge. When set, place the peanut butter ball into the cup and pour the melted chocolate over to cover. Place in the fridge to harden.

Gourmet Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies

1 cup butter
1 tblespoon brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup coccoa powder
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tteaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
18 oz semisweet chocolate chunks

preheat oven 375 F. Cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and coccoa powder. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2" apart. Bake until cookies are set, 5 - 8 minutes. Cool slightly and remove from pan. When baking large cookies, press down slightly to help cook more evenly. Bake slightly longer about 10 minutes.

Good luck!

yummy72 -

Made the Chocolate Truffle Cookies last night. They are wonderful.

Thanks for passing on the recipe.

Elaine

I'm glad you liked them! They are easy to make, yet look nice on the plate and come out rich and chewy!

enjoy!

My mom makes Ritz cookies these could not be any easier and they tatse just like a Reese Peanut Butter cup!

Spread peanut butter on a ritz cracker top with another cracker and dip in melted choclate let cool and enjoy!

These are awesome!

These fall into the candy category instead of cookies but I make them every year! :)

TOFEE
3/4 lb Butter
2 cup Sugar
2 Tbs Water
1/8 tsp salt
6 oz Chocolate chips
1 cup ground Almonds
Grease jelly roll pan with butter
Melt butter, add sugar, water and salt. Stir until disolved. Cook until 290 degrees. Pour into pan, cool to room temperature, make marks while still partially soft to help chocolate adhere. Melt chocolate, spread over toffee, sprinkle with almonds. Break apart. Will keep at room temp for a month or you can freeze it.

FUDGE
12 oz Bakers German Chocolate
12 oz Semi-sweet Choc Chips
7 oz Marshmallow Fluff
4 ½ cups Sugar
13 oz Evaporated Milk
2 Tbs Butter
1 Tbs vanilla
Nuts (optional)
Bring sugar, evap milk, butter to a boil. Stir constantly, boil, lower heat and cook 6 minutes longer. Stir continuously. Combine choc and fluff in a bowl, pour hot liquid over. Stir till combined, add in vanilla and nuts (optional). Spread into buttered 13x9 pan. Cool at room temp for 24 hours. (Not in refrigerator as it will lose it’s gloss).

Try these Cream Cheese Chocolate Balls (great for kids to make)

1 pkg Choc Chipits
1 pkg Butterscotch Chipits
Melt together in Microwave until there are no chipits left- don't burn it use low heat and stir frequently

Then add in 1 pkg of philadelphia cream cheese (should be a room temp but you can always melt in microwave until soft)

Next add a package of small colourful marshmallows and stir together

Finally make small balls and roll in coloured coconut

Put in fridge of freezer until hard and serve

This recipe can make up to 80 Balls

Be careful they are bite size and you can eat a pile of them in no time

Keeps in the freezer for a long time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter