what comes in my cabin?

loriandmatt

DIS Veteran
first time cruiser, so sorry for all the questions. we are sailing freedom of the seas to Eastern Caribbean. do they supply toiletries (soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner) in the cabins? if so, how often do they refresh them? do they supply a hair dryer in the bathroom? iron and ironing board? alarm clock on night stand?

first time cruiser, so sorry for all the questions. we are sailing freedom of the seas to Eastern Caribbean. do they supply toiletries (soap, body wash, shampoo, conditioner) in the cabins? if so, how often do they refresh them? do they supply a hair dryer in the bathroom? iron and ironing board? alarm clock on night stand?

Bars of hand/facial soap - yes, and they should replenish those every day. Unless you are sailing in a junior suite or above, there is only a dispenser of mystery body wash/shampoo (no one's really sure what it really is) mounted to the wall of the shower. We always bring our own. There is a relatively decent hair dryer in one of the drawers in the desk. If you have really thick or long hair, I'd bring your own. No irons (not allowed to bring your own onboard either) or ironing boards. Finally, no alarm clock, so bring your own.

Also bring a battery powered alarm clock. There is only 1 outlet and you'll be using it to recharge your phone, etc. I brought my own hair dryer as I have thick hair. They will take away an iron (it is a fire hazard).

Nonsuites:
all in one dispenser with a goo of some sort in the shower
Bar soap

Suites:
travel size individual packets of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion
Bar soap

replenished as needed

NO irons or ironing boards anywhere on board and NO you may NOT bring your own

The hair dryer is NOT in the bathroom but is instead at the desk( the mirror there is lit) plus there may even be a makeup mirror as well Most people bring their own as the provided ones suck.

NO alarm clock or even clock

the suites MIGHT have an Ipod dock ( hell on one ship the same exact cabin one trip it did and then next it did not)

I HIGHLY suggest you bring a small battery operated lamp/light to use as a nightlight in the bathroom it has a lip to get into it and many a toe has been stubbed at 2 am

technically yes. for everyone who reports they were able to have theirs, you have one who says it was confiscated.

We brought two plug-in alarm clocks on our trip, one for each room, and had an issue with both clocks gaining time. Not sure why, but both clocks are fine at home. One night it was over an hour and the other nights it was about 30 minutes. After 3 nights, we put them away.

They will have an area to use provided iron. As for non-dressy clothes I bring the spray wrinkle release. It works great. I even use it at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter