What changed about these boards? Why so slow?

Mine runs fairly slow on Chrome. I'm going to try Firefore or IE (or whatever they call it with Windows 10)! I never thought to try a different browser, I use Chrome for everything.

I'm on my iPhone, Safari. Usually fine every once in awhile it freezes and lags but probably my crappy wifi/service area.

I usually stalk/plan on the Dis for a few months before each trip...and then fall off for a year or so between trips. I haven't been on much in the past 12 months...what has changed and why is everything SO slow?

Since my most recent higher activity time (over a year ago) the format of these boards looks totally different (resembles the wdwinfo page - did they buy the DIS?), every single page takes minutes to load - if not timing out completely, and my app on my phone doesn't work at all for the DIS.

What the heck happened? DIS used to be my go to board... with the slow speed and lack of user friendly format I may have to find another "home."

Can anyone explain? (Sorry if it's a well known change...I've been non-existent for about a year.)

I have the same problem!. Dis moves so slowly for me it drives me crazy!!! It always freezes when I change pages and on the bottom of the page it says "the disboards are not responding" Or something like that. I think it started when I got another anti spy ware company. I wonder if it has adblocker capacity? and just how come that causes it to freeze every time? Very frustrating. I thought it might be because I need to upgrade to windows 10 (have windows 7 now and love it) It's interesting that I also have the same problem on WDWmagic site. I have NO problems with any other sites.
Any ideas??????

I have the same problem!. Dis moves so slowly for me it drives me crazy!!! It always freezes when I change pages and on the bottom of the page it says "the disboards are not responding" Or something like that. I think it started when I got another anti spy ware company. I wonder if it has adblocker capacity? and just how come that causes it to freeze every time? Very frustrating. I thought it might be because I need to upgrade to windows 10 (have windows 7 now and love it) It's interesting that I also have the same problem on WDWmagic site. I have NO problems with any other sites.
Any ideas??????

Try the Firefox browser.

It seems like the same question being asked 100 times are being consolidated to official threads where people gather.

Also with the amount of readily accessible info I assume it's easier for people to plan their trips on their own or read the thousands of trip reports in the data banks.

Yes, I think that is the one I'll go with. I've tried chrome before and it didn't work out for me. sounds like firefox is the one everyone here likes. thanks!

Next...
Try the GREY STUFF (it's delicious!)

The only technical thing that bugs me about the DIS are the awful mobile ads that auto-load iOS app store download pages (uber, clash of whatever, etc) using iOS safari.

I use Chrome ("everything is Chrome in the future") and it's sometimes slow, maybe I should use Firefox, I also have that. I have adblockers on both. Question: how do you insert faces (emoticons) now? I can't find where to do that anymore

Any ideas??????
I'm running Firefox with AdBlockerPlus and I'm not experiencing any slowdown, so I don't think it's adblocking software.

Try turning off signatures. You'd be surprised how much bandwidth those things eat up!

how do you insert faces (emoticons) now? I can't find where to do that anymore

They are a pull-down in the choices above where you type messages.

Icon.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, this doesn't appear in my browser though

I'm not sure you're looking in the right place.
It is in the window that opens for you to type a message or response.
After you hit the "Reply" button.

Icon-2.jpg

Try turning off signatures. You'd be surprised how much bandwidth those things eat up
I turned them off the day I signed up because of the screen space they eat up.

I use Firefox on a Mac Mini with both AdBlock and FlashBlock, and performance seems fine to me.

the format of these boards looks totally different (resembles the wdwinfo page - did they buy the DIS?

:)

my app on my phone doesn't work at all for the DIS.

No app anymore. That was answered, but I like mentioning that it doesn't exist, because sometimes people just say it's not needed or whatever. It doesn't exist. The site is "mobile friendly", so no more app.

The only technical thing that bugs me about the DIS are the awful mobile ads that auto-load iOS app store download pages (uber, clash of whatever, etc) using iOS safari.

So true. I hate when my computer starts talking to me! And yep, on my iphone I'm still getting directed to the app store. It just cannot be a good thing, that that's happening.

Fast on the computer for me, but a little sluggish on my Android phone.
Thanks for the tip in this thread to turn off signatures though! I didn't know that was an option and they sure do make the pages alot longer to scroll through ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter