What changed about these boards? Why so slow?

disneyfan2kids

DisneyFan3Kids now, but I can't change my name.
I usually stalk/plan on the Dis for a few months before each trip...and then fall off for a year or so between trips. I haven't been on much in the past 12 months...what has changed and why is everything SO slow?

Since my most recent higher activity time (over a year ago) the format of these boards looks totally different (resembles the wdwinfo page - did they buy the DIS?), every single page takes minutes to load - if not timing out completely, and my app on my phone doesn't work at all for the DIS.

What the heck happened? DIS used to be my go to board... with the slow speed and lack of user friendly format I may have to find another "home."

Can anyone explain? (Sorry if it's a well known change...I've been non-existent for about a year.)

The App is no longer needed, just use your browser, it will format correctly for mobile devices.

The boards are really fast for me. Do you have ad-blocking software?

wdwinfo and the Dis have always been owned by Pete, as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's certainly what has come across when Pete talks about the history on the Podcast.

I don't have ANY issues with it going slow. It doesn't work great from work, but that's my work's fault because our browsers are out-dated. Super fast at home and on my mobile devices.

So weird?! Wonder if it is due to Ad blocking software... How would I be able to tell?

Same here.

If it's running slow, it's definitely a problem on your end.

That's interesting, because I started having issues with pages taking a long time to load with Google Chrome (and no other sites were giving me problems) so I downloaded Firefox just to use for DISboards.

I rely on my iPad to access, I just sign in through safari, I do not have wifi, and my AT&T reception is often not that great, and it loads pretty quickly for me, no problems.

Last edited:
I only use Chrome, and I've had no problems with it being slow. There was a site redesign, and yes, it's owned by the same people.

That's interesting, because I started having issues with pages taking a long time to load with Google Chrome (and no other sites were giving me problems) so I downloaded Firefox just to use for DISboards.

Yup.

I just opened Chrome and it is S-L-O-W to load these pages.

Safari and Firefox run this site like a champ.
I run Macs, iPads and iPhones.

Last edited:
I find at certain times of day it loads a lot slower than others... usually from about 8:30 or 9pm ET to about 12:30ish ET. I'm guessing it's partially because everyone in my building is home from work using their wifi at that time, causing interference, and everyone in the country is logging on to the Dis after work so it stresses the site.

I use Firefox and have ad blocking software and the pages are fast.....usually. Sometimes they are slow, but usually really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts