What can a one year old do at the water parks?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by jbethel77, May 15, 2019 at 2:14 PM.

1. jbethel77

jbethel77 Mouseketeer

My older daughter (9) is wanting to try out the water parks & maybe take a drive to the Kennedy Space Center for a day. I think she’s getting a little tired of doing the same stuff at the 4 main parks.
    Problem is, we also have a 13 month old. When looking at the water parks online, I’m not seeing much outside the splash area for her to do. The family raft rides say “any height” but I’m assuming we can’t hold her & she’s not old enough to hold onto handles etc by herself..
    Is there anything I’m missing?
    Are there a lot of shaded areas to take her for a break?

Thanks!

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 2:22 PM
  2. Dolewhip Dreaming

Dolewhip Dreaming Earning My Ears

Pretty much just the splash area. There is a lazy river that goes around both parks and you would be able to hold her there (the water is only 3ft deep) and there is plenty of shade in both water parks!

jbethel77 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

Blizzard Beach has an entire area for really little ones called Tykes Peak. You could also take DD1 in the small pool in Ski Patrol, which is the area right next door. You could hold her while floating around the lazy river or while in the wave pool (it's a zero entry pool so you can stay as shallow as you want). TL has an area for babies too, but BB may be a bit better.

jbethel77 likes this.
  5. scrapquitler

scrapquitler DIS Veteran

my son was 9 months old when we took him to the water park. I just rode around on the lazy river holding him most of the time we were there while DH and DD rode the water slides and the wave pool.

jbethel77 likes this.
  6. jenmsmith

jenmsmith Mouseketeer

If it’s in the budget, I’d recommend getting a cabana. We also have a big age range, and I appreciate having a dedicated space to hang and relax with the baby while the big kids can play all day.

jbethel77 likes this.
  7. blackpearl77

blackpearl77 DIS Veteran

I've only been to Typhoon Lagoon but they have a huge toddler splash pad area - and some parts of it the water is only a couple inches!

jbethel77 likes this.
  8. Nsaudra

Nsaudra Mouseketeer

At Aquatica they have a whole area for under 3, we know cause we got kicked out for being to big..lol they have a slide a little bigger than the little tikes one