What better place to celebrate 20 magical years?? A July/19 anniversary PTR! Link to new TR 07/13

Great way to spend your anniversary! And I like your style with the restaurants. :worship:
:welcome:We are definitely splurging a little. We do OOP and budget about $100-125/day. Obviously there will be days we go over that but we will also split a lot of meals/snacks in the heat. We are ordering in breakfast foods, coffee and adult bevvies so do save a bit there. Then we will blow all our savings on V&A's!! :)

Guess what????
Disney just put tickets on sale for H2O Glow nights at Typhoon Lagoon this summer!!!
upload_2019-1-16_6-22-49.jpeg
This is something I've wanted to do since I watched Tim Tracker's review of it last summer. Plus the available day for our dates is July 4th which is SO perfect as I really didn't want to be in the parks on the 4th with the crowds. The only thing is that tickets are non-refundable even due to weather conditions. And you know how crazy summer weather could be...Do you think it would be possible to buy tickets the day of? Have you ever been to this event? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)

I haven't done the Glow nights, but it looks like a ton of fun. We did get Halloween party tickets just a few days before this year so I'd imagine you could get these day of

I haven't done the Glow nights, but it looks like a ton of fun. We did get Halloween party tickets just a few days before this year so I'd imagine you could get these day of
That's what I am hoping for. It looks like so much fun and I'd really rather do the water parks when it is not glaring sunshine. :)

Flights are booked!!!!!!
I collect Air Miles which is a Canadian program (you can redeem for a wide variety of rewards). I did really well collecting last year and had enough to cover our flights for the summer. So I got both return flights on Air Canada for $315 total (this covers the taxes and fees). We have an early arrival flight which lands at MCO at 10:30 am and a late flight home departing at 6:45 pm. More Disney time for us!! Only 164 days until we go. :goodvibes

dc5fa8fb3ca9efcf60395c8b60804d7e.jpg

Today is the day of ultimate happiness and excitement.....it's Disney arrival day!!!!!
As our flight lands at 10:30, we hope to be passing through the magical sign of happiness about noon and will soon be arriving at AKL. We are renting points, so I know it is highly unlikely that our room would be ready so early. We will pack a carry on bag with swim gear etc and hopefully will be ensconced poolside with an adult beverage in hand before too long.
upload_2019-1-20_21-49-24.jpeg
After enjoying some time mellowing out pool side, it will be time to change and get ready for our late lunch at Sanaa! this will be my third time dining at Sanaa but DH's first so I am very excited to share all the deliciousness with him.
Sanaa.jpg

After lunch, we will stroll back to Jambo House in hopes that our room will be ready. After getting settled in and changed, we are planning on heading to Epcot for a fun filled evening! It is EMH that evening so we will have some time to enjoy the park. Spaceship Earth, Soarin' and LWtL will be the order of the day with a viewing of Illuminations as a special treat. I have had a soft spot in my heart for Illuminations since first watching it with my then 8 year old DS on our first trip 10 years ago. I will be sad to see it go.

DH has never been to La Cava de Tequila so a visit there is definitely in order! I am looking forward to introducing him to the yumminess that is the
Avocado margarita!

Avo-Marg.jpg

We will spend the evening enjoying the World Showcase pavilions and taking in the ambiance. So looking forward to being back "home". :love:

Last edited:

Sounds like a terrific first day. I love the idea of getting there and then enjoying some pool time. Casey is always so anxious to get to a park to take it much slower (and indulge in some adult beverage deliciousness) sounds perfect.

Thanks Liesa! We cannot wait to go back to V&A's! Keep your fingers crossed for a healthy Canadian dollar... we are currently trading at about 75 cents to each American dollar which makes a pricey meal even more so. But if you can't splurge on your 20th wedding anniversary, when can you???

Yeah, I knew it was pretty bad. But, I think this is the perfect time to splurge a bit and celebrate!!

Unfortunately, my CG brunch reservation is for July 7th not the Epic Girls weekend. :( I am still hoping that there is a chance I may be able to get there though. Right now the cheapest flight I can find is $680 and then hotel at $257 USD per night plus spending $$. It's not looking great. I am looking into DVC points and am keeping a close eye on flight prices. Fingers crossed! If the stars do align, it would be great to sit close by and chat. I have the feeling we would get along very well! :)

Well, poop!! I could have sworn you were coming along in May. :( Because I certain of it; we'd get along perfectly and have such a nice time together!

Please let me know if things do work out. I know that the CA $ is in tough shape right now which makes travel super hard.

Guess what????
Disney just put tickets on sale for H2O Glow nights at Typhoon Lagoon this summer!!!
View attachment 375854
This is something I've wanted to do since I watched Tim Tracker's review of it last summer. Plus the available day for our dates is July 4th which is SO perfect as I really didn't want to be in the parks on the 4th with the crowds. The only thing is that tickets are non-refundable even due to weather conditions. And you know how crazy summer weather could be...Do you think it would be possible to buy tickets the day of? Have you ever been to this event? I'd love to hear your thoughts! :)
I've never heard of this but have been wanting to try out T.L. for quite some time! I'd bet Touring Plans might be able to answer your question though.

As our flight lands at 10:30, we hope to be passing through the magical sign of happiness about noon and will soon be arriving at AKL. We are renting points, so I know it is highly unlikely that our room would be ready so early. We will pack a carry on bag with swim gear etc and hopefully will be ensconced poolside with an adult beverage in hand before too long.
upload_2019-1-20_21-49-24-jpeg.377084

What a perfect way to begin a vacation!! Poolside with an adult bevvie! YUM!

late lunch at Sanaa!

One of my favorites... can you say Bread Service?!

DH has never been to La Cava de Tequila so a visit there is definitely in order! I am looking forward to introducing him to the yumminess that is the
Avocado margarita!

Avo-Marg.jpg

MMMM!!! Deliciousness in a glass!

He had to convince me to go to Disney our first trip, little knowing that he would create a life long Disney Addict!

Aww, I didn't realize this!!I love that he was the one who got you hooked on Disney!

I stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for my solo trip in 2017 and absolutely loved it! It felt like a little oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. I loved the lobby, the pool, the CMs, the grounds, restaurants and lounge. Yes, I was hooked! I am so excited to share this lovely resort with my DH!

I felt exactly the same way!

Bill has had Wilderness Lodge at the top of his list for a potential stay since the first time we ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe back in 2010.

Wilderness Lodge is my FAVORITE resort ever, ever, ever. We haven't booked it in years b/c the boys hate sharing a bed and we can't guarantee the bunks if here isn't a designated room available. I find a reason to visit it on every trip if I can.

We are renting points, so I know it is highly unlikely that our room would be ready so early.

I'll cross my fingers for you! for our first nye visit to ring in 2018 our Kidani room was ready around 8:30am on rented points. I was shocked!!

Sounds like a terrific first day. I love the idea of getting there and then enjoying some pool time. Casey is always so anxious to get to a park to take it much slower (and indulge in some adult beverage deliciousness) sounds perfect.
That is the advantage of a solo or adult trip...you can really slow down and enjoy the little moments!

Well, poop!! I could have sworn you were coming along in May. :( Because I certain of it; we'd get along perfectly and have such a nice time together!

Please let me know if things do work out. I know that the CA $ is in tough shape right now which makes travel super hard.
I know!! I am SO sad. I haven't completely given up though....I don't know why May is so expensive! We would get along so well.....one day!

I've never heard of this but have been wanting to try out T.L. for quite some time! I'd bet Touring Plans might be able to answer your question though.
I love Typhoon Lagoon (hello lazy river!) and the thought of being there on a warm Florida evening is very appealing. :)

MMMM!!! Deliciousness in a glass!
Totally!

Aww, I didn't realize this!!I love that he was the one who got you hooked on Disney!
He sure is....my Disney partner in crime!

I felt exactly the same way!
It is just perfect!

Wilderness Lodge is my FAVORITE resort ever, ever, ever. We haven't booked it in years b/c the boys hate sharing a bed and we can't guarantee the bunks if here isn't a designated room available. I find a reason to visit it on every trip if I can.
So excited to finally stay at WL! We could never stay there with the boys though as a family of 5. My guys will not share a bed either anymore.

I'll cross my fingers for you! for our first nye visit to ring in 2018 our Kidani room was ready around 8:30am on rented points. I was shocked!!
That would be amazing! I hope we have the same good luck. :)

Since it is a balmy -8 Celsius with a wind chill of -17, what better thing to do than trip plan? Without further ado, we are on to day 2 plans!

What do you mean?? You expect me to go four parks in one day?????
That was my lovely DH's reaction when I suggested we do a four parks day. "Come on, it'll be fun" I said. "Yeah, if it doesn't kill me" was his less than enthusiastic response. Nonetheless, I have managed to persuade him (possibly he was bribed with drinks at Nomad and dinner at Ohana but we won't mention that) and plans were made!

1st park: Hollywood Studios!

Hit the ground running with rope drop at HS with the express intent of riding Slinky Dog!
upload_2019-1-27_11-47-30.jpeg
Plans are to meet Buzz, grab a carrot cake cookie and head off along the pathway to the Boardwalk!

2nd park: Epcot!

Entering through the International Gateway, we will be sure to pop into Les Halles for a bit of breakfast. Next up is a M&G with Princess Aurora, followed by a ride through history on Spaceship Earth!
spaceship-earth-1138759-1280x0.jpeg

Heading to the bus stop next, we will make our way over to Animal Kingdom!

3rd park: Animal Kingdom

Upon arrival at AK, the plan will be to head straight to Nomad Lounge to chill for a bit. A small bite or two and a beverage should go down well about now.
nomad_lounge_review_disney-184.jpg

Don't those seats look comfy???

Our M&G plans for AK are Russel and Dug. We both love Up so this is a must do for us. We have heard rumours of Kevin appearing at AK this summer, which would be amazing as well.

Bill's request was to ride Kali River Rapids, which we have never done before. It's a good last ride as I am sure to come out of it looking like a drowned rat. I always get soaked on those rides!

Time to head back to AKL for a little R&R before heading to dinner at O'hana!
images

Mmmmmm, we better be hungry!!

After dinner, we will take the launch from the Poly for our last park of the day!

4th park: Magic Kingdom!

FPs will be booked for our MK evening, likely focused on Jungle Cruise, BTMR and Haunted Mansion as they are our three favourites. Of course, we will need to sample a Dole Whip or maybe the Peter Pan float. I can't wait to see the fireworks tonight as there will be the special show for the fourth (a day early). Just hope the crowds aren't completely insane. It is EMH tonight and I love nothing better than the parks in the evening!

So, what do you think??
Crazy?
Overly Ambitious?
Fun?
All three??

We'll see how we do!

I know!! I am SO sad. I haven't completely given up though....I don't know why May is so expensive! We would get along so well.....one day!

Yes, please!

What do you mean?? You expect me to go four parks in one day?????

Well, yeah!! Never done it, but know I could and it would be fun!

(possibly he was bribed with drinks at Nomad and dinner at Ohana but we won't mention that)

:laughing: As they say... the way to a man's heart is though his stomach. ;)

pop into Les Halles for a bit of breakfast.

I've been hearing about the cheese (and bacon?) brioche. That would sure tempt me!

head straight to Nomad Lounge to chill for a bit

There is NO better plan. The end.

I assure you.. they are.

Bill's request was to ride Kali River Rapids, which we have never done before.

Hope it's a warm day!

Dole Whip or maybe the Peter Pan float.

I"m honestly torn now after trying the float. It was amazing! And just as refreshing. .

Since it is a balmy -8 Celsius with a wind chill of -17

:faint::faint::faint:

(possibly he was bribed with drinks at Nomad and dinner at Ohana but we won't mention that)

I mean, I could also be talked into just about anything with those two things!!

nomad_lounge_review_disney-184.jpg

They do! It's so pretty there, I've never been to the outside area, only inside. I'm putting some time on the outside patio on the to do list for June!

We have heard rumours of Kevin appearing at AK this summer

Whaaatt?? I must look into this!! L's English teacher has a huge Kevin pinata in her classroom (8th graders in spanish class make a pinata as part of their grade, one of her students gave it to her, and it's AMAZING), and I always threaten to steal it :rotfl:

I think this day sounds really fun!!

Sounds like a great day to me! I've always wanted to do 4 parks in a day but haven't been able to convince my 2 partners in crime. If only they were as easily swayed by Nomads as I am :-)

Sounds like fun!!!
I think so too! :)

There is NO better plan. The end.
Right??? :goodvibes

I"m honestly torn now after trying the float. It was amazing! And just as refreshing. .
I am really looking forward to trying it.

Tomorrow morning it is supposed to be -20 with a wind chill of -29. Brrr! We Canadians are a hardy bunch!:)

I mean, I could also be talked into just about anything with those two things!!
Me too!

Sounds like a great day to me! I've always wanted to do 4 parks in a day but haven't been able to convince my 2 partners in crime. If only they were as easily swayed by Nomads as I am :-)
You will just have to work on them....I am actually surprised I got Bill to agree to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter