What became of the Osborne Lights ?

I would laugh if someone posted a photo of it from Silver Dollar city.
Resurrecting this year old thread to add I'll be in Branson and Silver Dollar City (or as my dad always called it every summer when we went on vacation....Mega Dollar City)....Branson Nov 9-12 and WDW/US/IoA Nov 26-Dec 4.

Resurrecting this year old thread to add I'll be in Branson and Silver Dollar City (or as my dad always called it every summer when we went on vacation....Mega Dollar City)....Branson Nov 9-12 and WDW/US/IoA Nov 26-Dec 4.

Just in case, keep your eyes open for a purple cat! :laughing:

Hey gang, sorry but I've just found this post. I'm Breezy Osborne's husband Tristan. The majority of the lighting apparatus were shipped to us and reside in storage. (They were shipped in huge crates over the course of a few weeks) The wonderful team from SODL wrapped them all in brand new lights and added standard plugs so we'd be able to use them. Some of the larger items from the display we donated. The nativity scene was donated to a church here in Little Rock and the globe actually lives with a former SODL light tech in Orlando. Just about every theme park reached out to us once the news broke that Disney was discontinuing the SODL and my wife and mother in law decided that it was time to let them end... at least for a little while. Currently we display the some of the original pieces like the stockings, and a few Angel's at our home, but we dont go overboard as we dont want the courts shutting us down lololol. Plus we dont really advertise where our home is. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. I'll answer as best as I can.

DH and I so miss the Osborne lights. Even though we live less than an hour from WDW, we would always say on-site several nights in December to visit the Osborne lights each night. We found them to be joyous, beautiful, and uplifting......the perfect way to start the holiday season. Year after year we looked forward to the experience and it never got old. We were hoping WDW would move the lights to another park or spread them out over Disney Springs so everyone in the community could enjoy this amazing display.

Hey gang, sorry but I've just found this post. I'm Breezy Osborne's husband Tristan. The majority of the lighting apparatus were shipped to us and reside in storage. (They were shipped in huge crates over the course of a few weeks) The wonderful team from SODL wrapped them all in brand new lights and added standard plugs so we'd be able to use them. Some of the larger items from the display we donated. The nativity scene was donated to a church here in Little Rock and the globe actually lives with a former SODL light tech in Orlando. Just about every theme park reached out to us once the news broke that Disney was discontinuing the SODL and my wife and mother in law decided that it was time to let them end... at least for a little while. Currently we display the some of the original pieces like the stockings, and a few Angel's at our home, but we dont go overboard as we dont want the courts shutting us down lololol. Plus we dont really advertise where our home is. If anyone has any other questions feel free to ask. I'll answer as best as I can.
Well, that kind of answers the question. I'm sure some day they will show up elsewhere, but, since then a lot of places have made an attempt to duplicate them or in some cases surpass them. Dollywood has a very extensive lighting display during the holidays. Not all bunched together like they were in DHS, but, all over the place. Quite nice. The lights in DHS were very nice and combined with the music and the fake snow... it was a very emotional experience. When it comes to snow though, Dollywood can have the real stuff, if they stay open after large snowfalls. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter