What attractions/rides/shows have you never experienced?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
My DH is suffering from some Disney fatigue (he's trying to get me to go to Aulani.) So, on this trip we are going to focus on doing things we have never done before. I thought maybe hearing what other people haven't done might help me think of more! Here's what I have so far:

MK: Tom Sawyer island, Liberty Belle cruise, Carousel of Progress, Hall of Presidents, Pirates league
AK: FOP, avatar at night, ROL
DHS: Beauty and the Beast live on stage
EPCOT: Garden Grill

So, what haven't you done?

Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Swiss family tree house
Up bird show
Rivers of light
Frozen Ride
Indiana Jones
Most of the meet and greets (they aren’t a priority for us)

I would like to do HOP, COP, and Frozen on my trip in June. We will see what happens.

What have we not done?

MK - Done
HS - Toy Storyland (going in the fall) {Did Fantasmic once and will never ever do that again!}
AK - Pandora (going in the fall)
EPCOT - Frozen ride (I have a DS who hates anything Frozen refuses to even stop in that country) {He actually did the princess lunch there when he was 3 and doesn't like to be reminded of those days}

Maybe a show or character, but feel like we have done it all so when we go back we can hit the new stuff and our favorites.

MK - Presidents (well, not since the 70s), Tom Sawyer Island, Treehouse, ice cream at The Plaza, Liberty Tree Tavern dinner, CRT, Be Our Guest anything, HEA, Astro Orbiters, TeaCups, Aladdin, Dumbo (not since the kids were very small). We also haven't done the meet and greets in several years.

EPCOT - World Showcase movies and shopping, Mission Orange, Behind the Seeds tour, swim with dolphin, eat in most of the restaurants, watch fireworks.

DHS - SDD and Alien Saucer, Beauty and the Beast, RNR, TOT, Fantasmic, Star Wars light show.

AK - Pandora anything, UP Bird show, walk the trails, Rivers of Light, evening safari, Caring for Giants or Rhino version, eat in any of the restaurants.

Magic Kingdom--Done about everything
Epcot-- All of the different movies in each country
Hollywood Studios-- Toy Storyland it wasn't open.
Animal Kingdom-- Done about everything

I don't get bored because I get to enjoy everything thru the girls eyes. One of the advantages of having kids until I turned 40.

Somehow in 30 years of visits I have never done the magic kingdom railroad. I always say “next trip” but it never happens. Also haven’t done any of the Main Street transportations or the bird enclosure area in AK. Birds terrify me.
Wow that impressive time span on the train. We had never been on any of the Main Street transportations until my daughters 12th birthday. They gave us a ride on the fire engine to CRT

MK: Swiss Family Treehouse, Tiki Birds, Barnstomer, Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel, Tom Sawyer Island, Main Street Vehicles (will probably never do the kiddie rides...my kids are 15 and 17).

Epcot: Turtle Talk with Crush
Mission Space (my kids have, it’s a never for me)

DHS: Alien Swirling Saucers
Star Wars night show

AK: Kali River Rapids
Primeval Whirl

We don’t really do meet and greets, so most of those.

I’m impressed how much we have done considering we have only been 3 times!

What have we not done?

MK - Done
HS - Toy Storyland (going in the fall) {Did Fantasmic once and will never ever do that again!}
AK - Pandora (going in the fall)
EPCOT - Frozen ride (I have a DS who hates anything Frozen refuses to even stop in that country) {He actually did the princess lunch there when he was 3 and doesn't like to be reminded of those days}

Maybe a show or character, but feel like we have done it all so when we go back we can hit the new stuff and our favorites.

May I ask why you wouldn’t do fantasmic again? I’ve never done and it wanted to try and get it done in May

We find things we like and tend to stick with them, but always try something new to each trip. Often, those are "one and done's" for us (EE, Stitch, LIttle Mermaid, etc.) it's been a few years since our last trip so a few of these are new to us:

MK - Space & Splash Mountains, Magic Carpets, Astro Orbiter, Hall of Presidents, tea cups, Country Bears (went as a kid, but haven't been with my adult child yet)
Epcot - Mission Space, Pixar Shorts, Innoventions
AK - Dinosaur, Primeval Hurl, Up, Pandora
HS - ToT, RnR, Beauty & Beast, Frozen Sing Along, Alien Saucers & Slinky Dog Dash

Epcot: Impressions de France, American Adventure, Mission Space (Orange)

Magic Kingdom: Astro Orbiter, Enchanted Tales with Belle

Animal Kingdom:It's Tough to be a Bug, Navi River Journey, Kali River Rapids

Hollywood Studios: Alien Swirling Saucers, Frozen Sing-a-long

Last edited:
MK: Tom Sawyer's Island, Enchanted Tiki Room (although I've been to the one in Disneyland), Carousel of Progress, Philharmagic (been to the one in Tokyo Disneyland)
Epcot: Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, Soarin' Around the World, any of the World Showcase shows
HS: Alien Swirling Saucer, Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror (been to the one in Paris), Star Tours (been to the one in Disneyland), All the stage shows
AK: Na'vi River Journey, Triceratop Spin, Primeval Whirl

I have very few left, at least at the parks I have visited, but I always try to check a few off on each trip. At WDW, it's basically Tricera-Top Spin as far as rides, and I've never done the Dinsey Jr. show at HS.

Disneyland has a few more gaps, but for most I have ridden the WDW equivalent. Only Casey Jr.s Circus Train, and the Canoes are really unique ones that I haven't done.

MK - Astro Orbiters, Teacups, Tom Sawyer Island, Princess M&G, MNSSHP
EPCOT - Circlevision China, France movie, Canada movie
HS - Beauty and the Beast Show, Olaf M&G, Frozen Sing-a-long
AK - Tricera-Topspin *It's a Dumbo clone though), Rivers of Light, Kali River Rapids, Nav'i River Journey, Up birdshow

MK - Tom Sawyer Island or the riverboat. I think I've never done Dumbo. Can't remember if we did this with the kids.
EP - done

MK = Hall of Presidents, Enchanted Tiki Room, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Enchanted Tales with Belle

EPCOT = The Seas with Nemo and Friends

HS = Fantasmic, SDD, Alien Swirling Saucers (Toy Story wasn't open last time we were there)

AK = Kali River Rapids, Rivers of Light

What have I done that I'll never do again? Mission Space Orange; this made me fully understand how people die on rides and I thought that I could be the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter