What are your favorite (cheap) souvenirs?

I like collecting things from each of the countries in World Showcase. I'm a stickler finding things that are actually made in the country they represent and that can be a challenge. I have the good luck kitties, owls and frogs from Japan, a ceramic box from Mexico, and an Eiffel Tower. I also have some not cheap purchases but items I cherish and use every day such as a purse and Celtic knot ring, earrings and cross from the UK, Lailia perfume from Norway, and and glass jewellery from Italy. Next I want to get a music box from Germany and a troll doll from Norway.

My DD collects our park tickets/DVC room cards, paper/cardboard coasters, and pressed pennies, and DS collects pins.

Lailia perfume from Norway
My favorite perfume ever!
I am determined to get the You are Here mugs next trip. Also I plan to press a bunch of pennies. We always get an ornament and a magnet on trips.
I have the complete You Are Here mug set and use them all the time. They are definitely my favorite mugs. I'm now working on completing my You Are Here ornament set, since I decided to get them halfway through our last trip. lol

We love the Christmas tree ornaments and magnets. Things that you can display and look at to remind you of your trip but not too expensive or huge to have in your house. And you can get a new one each time, so it's sort of a collection but they're all different.

I know the conversation isn't about collecting signatures but the best loved and daily used souvenirs at our house are the pillow case (two trips ago) and quilt (most recent trip) that we had all the characters sign. My DD5 sleeps on the pillow case every night and the quilt is her favorite snuggle blankie. We talk almost every night about one or more of the different signatures and what it was like when we met the character. Such a sweet Disney memory before she goes to sleep every night! (In reading that, am I feeding this kid the Disney Kool-Aid or what?!? o_O) And they were cheap because I actually bought the stuff at home.

Every year I have to get a t-shirt with the date on it. That's it. I have a large collection and it always seems to start up a conversation like" I was there that year". Then we can have fun talking about our trips.

Pins, but specifically the pins from guest services. We tend to go with a friend's first time, a birthday or we just are celebrating our friendship (or two trips ago we were celebrating just being at WDW) and always bring a sharpie to write on it what each trip's celebration is for (though sometimes the cast members write on it for us!!).
Yes! After the wonderful CM's in Japan wrote our DD's Japanese name on her Birthday button in kanji, we had to stop at Guest Services and get a new one in English so we could have the first as a souvenir! :)

Sorry for the group reply..

Magnets!!! Of course!!! :joker:

I'm curious, what is your prized magnet in your collections?
(Do you have a picture of it?)

I just looked at the side of my fridge- this last trip in January-
I got the 2017 Fantasia Mickey one (only one I could find at the time with the year).
A Rock 'N Roller one- my DH's fave
and a Poly one (tend to also get the one for the hotel we stay in that trip).
Bummed that we could not find a Space Mountain one (only pins, no magnets) since my DD went on it.

Yes, I think I am out of room now!

My souvenir of choice is always keychains. I get one everywhere I go, but they have to be actual souvenir ones, with the location on them.

I get Christmas ornaments when I can too.

the best loved and daily used souvenirs at our house are the pillow case (two trips ago) and quilt (most recent trip) that we had all the characters sign. My DD5 sleeps on the pillow case every night and the quilt is her favorite snuggle blankie.

Such a cool idea!

I like to have something signature related as a souvenir. I typically have done frames. This summer I have spray painted a clipboard gold and will have the characters sign in and I can clearcoat it when I get home. Will be great for work.
I also will agree with the poster about popcorn buckets. I like using them on my desk for various supplies.
I've done a bunch of pressed pennies with plans to make a charm bracelet out of it but haven't made the bracelet yet.
I'm planning on doing another batch of pennies and E6000 them to thumbtacks.

my favorites are the hot wheels style die cast versions of the ride vehicles. I picked up the Star Tours vehicle this year which I hadn't seen before, but didn't see any of the other ones that I already have on sale anymore aside from the Test Track car. I also have the monorail, the tram, and the buses.

I am currently OBSESSED with the metal 3D models of iconic Disney Parks buildings/rides ... I buy one (OK, that's a lie - I buy whatever the deal is ... so three) every time I'm at the parks.

They take a good while to assemble, but they look AMAZING on my shelf when I'm done.

I have both castles (Cindy & Sleeping), Mickey's Death Wheel, Haunted Mansion, the Monorail, Space Mountain and I'm about to start working on the Railroad traincar. They also have Star Wars versions, if you're in to that!

Here's the stock photo of Cindy's Castle:

Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 12.51.51 AM.png

They're like $17 each, but I buy them for three for $40 or two for $30 (Disneyland and WDW offer different deals) - but it's easily a project that takes a couple of days ... like a puzzle that's really impressive when it's finished! They're about 8-10 inches tall, depending on which one you get.

We always get a magnet (except now we have a fridge that doesn't hold any magnets (where do we put them all now?!?). I used to mugs, but very quickly ran out of cabinet space. We always get an ornament and have so many Disney ornaments we need a second Christmas tree (which DH says we can not have because he isn't going to carry 2 trees in and out). And a picture frame with the year on it but we are running out of shelf space in our Disney room.

We always get a magnet (except now we have a fridge that doesn't hold any magnets (where do we put them all now?!?).
You can make a magnet board. It's pretty simple. Get a piece of sheet metal from the hardware store and molding to make a frame. You can either leave it naked, use contact paper or fabric (attached with spray adhesive) to fancy it up. I've also made magnet boards out of inexpensive cookie sheets!

Not sure what it is called (Spirit Photography) but the pictures they take at Memento Mori gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter