• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your experiences with Narcoosee's?

CamAnd

Mouseketeer
This may be something DH and I would like instead of an evening at California Grill. We like good food but nothing too strange or exotic. What do you think? How's the service at Narcoosee's? Would it be a nice adult night out? Can you view Wishes from here?

I wish someone would post, because I've been thinking about eating there too!

My friends and I dined at Narcoosee's in March 2003. We arrived at one of the last seatings (9:15) and were seated immediately. The creme of squash soup was excellent. I ordered some kind of tuna with parsnips and potatoes (it's no longer on the menu), all of which were creatively prepared. My buddy's filet, however, was more well done than rare, which is a real no-no: you should never overcook filet.

Service was wonderful. I would return. It's an overlooked restaurant, one I'd rate just below Citricos, California Grille, and Flying Fish. One drawback: the din can be pretty awful, thanks to the wooden floors.

We had dinner there in July 2003. We were a party of 8 and they accomodated us easily with no problems. Dinner was excellent and I would return.

My DH and I ate there last June while we were staying at the GF--left the kids in the room and got a nite to ourselves==we started off with delicious champagne drinks from the great bartender and from there is was heaven----dinner was great and we were along the windows (a plus) for the fireworks show==what a great nite!! we would not miss that on any return trip==it has now become a favorite! enjoy!

Ate there with wife for anniversary in June and had a very good meal. We would have liked a better table as we were close to the back near a side door leading to the boat dock. People came in regularly and the wind from the door made everything fly on the table. The service was good. The restaurant is expensive but the food and especially the environment were very good. All in all an enyoyable evening. We would return again.

What time did you have reservations for so you were there for the fireworks?

The fireworks timing often depends on the "season" you are at WDW.
Should note that a window table is not necessary to see the fireworks. Often the people who stand outside on the porch block the view from those inside at the tables. When we eat at Narcoose's (most every trip these days) we just get up, go outside to view the fireworks, then retutrn to the table and resume dinner. That's what most folks do who are interested in seeing the fireworks,and the restaurant is well used to it.

Had xmas eve dinner there recently. The food was very good especially the soups and salads. Wait service was pretty good but we did receive a little extra attention because I knew the Host. This is a good location and think you will enjoy it. The acoustics are bad and it does get noisy though.

You also might want to think about Citrico's it is on the same line as Cal Grill.

We had dinner at Narcoosee's on our arrival night this past December. We have tried many WDW restaurants, and this one had some of the best food we have had yet. We split crab cakes to start, very good. I had black Grouper with a cranberry coulis on a pumpkin risotto. It was the single best entree I have ever had at WDW, and one of the best I have had anywhere. Key lime creme brulee for dessert was very good, also. My DD had salmon for her entree, and a strawberry rhubarb cobbler for dessert, which she said was amazing. Our Ps was for 8:10, with Wishes showing at 9 that evening. We ordered dessert just before the fireworks began, went out on the wrap around balcony to watch them, and our dessert was brought to our table just as we came back inside. Overall, an excellent experience.

We went in September 03, and were very disappointed in the changed menu. My favorite, the fried oysters, was no longer on the menu, so I opted for the crab cake, which turned out to be full of shell! The filet was excellent, but overall, we were less than wowed by the quality of the food, especially compared to the experiences we've had there in the past. We decided that we would not be returning there on our next trip; instead, we're going to head back to California Grill!
Cheers!
Heather W

We love this rest., they have a Butternut Squash and Crab soup that is to die for!! Also love, love, love the scallops, and DD's filet was also very good. Really enjoyed the Key Lime creme brulee for dessert!!

We were there for the fireworks, and they played the music for them, and dimmed the lights!:sunny:

Oh, and we also got to see the Electric Water Pageant during our dinner!!

This is one of our favorite restaurants! We eat here on every trip and especially love the lobster. The food is fantastic. The service is top-notch, as is the view of the fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter