What are your best values?

I think the WWS nachos are a cheese sauce which is different than the fake pourable cheese. And I have to admit I looove a good cheese sauce-much better than the pretty bland melted cheese on most nachos.

Turkey legs are at carts in multiple locations. They aren’t go to for a big dose of protein for the kids-huge and shareable.

Ewww...thank you for mentioning that. I can imagine the 'I-told-you-so' once we saw pourable cheese being put on our nachos so thanks for helping me avoid that. Tortilla Jo's it is!
If I recall tortilla joes have cheese sauce as well. (At least at the take out side)

Tortilla Jo's has Monterey jack cheese on their nachos. It says so on the menu. :)
I heard about their amazing nachos. I went to their quick service cantina. Blech...it’s sauce there. I have no desire to go to their full service restaurant based on the cantina.

I heard about their amazing nachos. I went to their quick service cantina. Blech...it’s sauce there. I have no desire to go to their full service restaurant based on the cantina.
I went to the cantina and also the restaurant. At the cantina I request real cheese. I am not a fan of nacho cheese either..lol The regular restaurant is ok but not the greatest mexican food. Your not going to get really good mexican food at the Disney resort unfortunately. However I do like the cantina for a fast food breakfast option.

I just googled WWS nachos. Heavens to Murgatroyd, they look so good. I'm trying to talk DD into getting those instead of Tortilla Jo's but she won't budge.

Do both! Pop into WWS after riding Grizzly Rapids, and then go right back into the parks! Hit Tortilla Jo's for an evening meal.

I also agree that many menu items are large enough to be considered shareable, which CAN save a lot of money - if you can come to a consensus!

The sundaes at Ghirardelli are gigantic and delicious and you can definitely share one - or my favorite, the banana split!

If you venture just outside the park, on the Harbor Blvd. side, you'll come across a McDonalds and a Panera Bread Co. very close. and a Subway and Taco Bell within walking distance a few blocks away. There is also a Dennys and IHOP right there. Sometimes I like to work in an offsite lunch when we go back to the hotel for a break - I appreciate the large menus vs. DLR's smaller menus that sometimes force me into 2 lines...

Stage Door Cafe. The chicken tenders can feed both my husband and between the tenders and fries and he’s a big eater. Even without the AP discount they are a great deak. And since they have so few things on their menu, you can be in and out pretty wuickly.

My husband and I shared the enchiladas at Rancho del Zocalo. Most other places we split a meal between an adult and big kid. We've done this at Flo's, French Market, Smoke Jumpers, Red Rose Tavern, Pacific Wharf Cafe, and Plaza Inn (of course). We only drink water. That saves on money and sugar (we eat an ice cream everyday).

We were surprised by the Red Rose breakfast last trip. Had not visited since the conversion. Was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter