What are your best values?

lsumatt72

Mouseketeer
When it comes to Quick Service places at DLR/DCA, what are your best values? Meaning the best food at the best prices and maybe with the biggest portion sizes.

The best meal I had last time is going to sound ridiculous but I was sick of fries, etc at that point.
I grabbed an uncrustable sandwich and a large regular Coke fountain drink for $6.50 or so at BPP in DCA.
I sat down outside in the shade, listen to live music and holy bananas, the yummy soft bread, the peanut butter, gulping the coke, I felt like a million bucks by the time I was done.
Sometimes I think we (and Disney) WAY over complicate eating at Disney.

Many CS (and even TS) meals at DLR become a better value when we share! DH and I share many meals (gives us a chance to try more things and no one ends up with that overstuffed feeling). Drinking the free cups of ice water saves a surprising amount of money. As above pp said, the meals at Plaza Inn are very shareable. And extra pieces of chicken can be added for a reasonable fee. RDZ has large meals that can be shared, too. And we share often at Paradise Garden Grill -- especially with the changing menu there, sharing gives us a chance to try more things there.
The OP can get an idea of menu items and prices by looking at the DLR menus here (Menus) and on allears.net.

Last edited:
I agree about sharing. My daughters (15 and 18) and I have found that sharing two meals between the three of us is a good amount of food. We don't feel overly full and we get to try more than one thing. We did this last year at Red Rose Tavern, Flo's, and the Cozy Cone and it worked well for us and we plan on doing it again next time. Actually, after sharing poutine and the chicken sandwich and having our own dessert and drink at the Red Rose Tavern we were VERY full.
We bring in our own 8oz bottles of water because the local water is a little funky in our opinion.
On our next trip we'd like to share two baked potato soups and an order of fried pickles for lunch, which should only be about $23. Another low cost option that we considered is the stuffed baked potato at the Troubadour Tavern for $7. It's not in our food plan for our next trip but we'd definitely try it if we were planning a budget trip sometime in the future.

Chimichangas are huge and very filling for about $8 I believe.

At Rancho you can get a side of cheese enchiladas only for around $4. Not a huge amount of food but a good value.

Nachos at White Water Snacks are massive and run $11. Request carnitas for the meat.

Chimichangas are huge and very filling for about $8 I believe.

At Rancho you can get a side of cheese enchiladas only for around $4. Not a huge amount of food but a good value.

Nachos at White Water Snacks are massive and run $11. Request carnitas for the meat.

I just googled WWS nachos. Heavens to Murgatroyd, they look so good. I'm trying to talk DD into getting those instead of Tortilla Jo's but she won't budge.

I just googled WWS nachos. Heavens to Murgatroyd, they look so good. I'm trying to talk DD into getting those instead of Tortilla Jo's but she won't budge.

I’m with your DD on this one...stick with the nachos at Tortilla Jo’s. Granted everyone is entitled to their own opinion/tastes, but nachos with fake cheese just aren’t worth it IMO. :crazy2:

Bread bowls at Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA are super filling and shareable depending on how much you eat. Also at Jolly Holiday in DL during cooler months, we’ll order the tomato soup/grilled cheese combo. I’ll eat the soup, and my oldest eats the sandwich. Definitely a good value for our family.

I’m with your DD on this one...stick with the nachos at Tortilla Jo’s. Granted everyone is entitled to their own opinion/tastes, but nachos with fake cheese just aren’t worth it IMO. :crazy2:

Ewww...thank you for mentioning that. I can imagine the 'I-told-you-so' once we saw pourable cheese being put on our nachos so thanks for helping me avoid that. Tortilla Jo's it is!

Bread bowls will definitely fill everyone up. The other fill up meal is Chicken Fusili at Pizza Port. Pizza isn't the greatest but the pasta is yummy and a good sized portion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter