What are you wearing?

chicklet2

Mouseketeer
We are heading to Disneyland in two weeks and I was wondering for those of you who are there now what are you wearing? I see temps when were going to be there range from high 50's to mid 60's. Now I should mention we are coming from the East coast so are plenty used to the cold, really cold.
Pants and sweatshirts? Shorts?

I know this is subjective, but I'm wondering what to really pack?

Thanks in advance!

I saw some responses on other threads that it is colder than people originally thought it would be. I am a very big wimp in the cold, plus I got sick a lot at the end of last year I think due to not wearing proper clothing to the parks. Lately, I've been wearing a down jacket, fleece lined beanie, rain boots (when it's raining) and gloves.

Last week on Superbowl Sunday when it was windy and rainy, I saw many people in shorts and sandals...so I guess it just depends on what you are used to.

My trip is in 4 weeks, and I am wondering the same thing. I hate being cold....HATE and where I am right now is 19*. So while the 50*-60*’s sounds amazing, I know it still won’t be warm enough for me to be comfortable without a jacket/ coat/vest especially during the mornings and nights. I have already started packing, and my husband is thinking I am crazy to think I will be wearing pants. I am a little nervous to know exactly what to Pack!

I'm from southern California and this time of year I recommend layers. Even as a southern California native, during the daylight hours I'm comfortable in jeans, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. It's colder at night though, so I usually have a jacket, a pair of gloves, and a hat stored away at our hotel, in our car, or in a locker.

We’ll be there next weekend and temps look pretty chilly for so cal. I’m planning on layers too: t shirt, sweatshirt, down jacket/vest for morning/nighttime. Maybe a hat too!

OP: check back a few days before your trip because right now it's chilly AND damp/wet, which makes it feel colder, especially in the parks where the damp doesn't dry up right away (all that cold, wet concrete). And if you get wet on a ride, you won't dry out completely. Tonight in the parks, we wore: thermals, jeans, wool socks, boots, turtlenecks, fleece, 600 fill down, gore-tex over that, wool hat for me, gloves. And we were impervious to any chill on all rides! But in a few weeks, all that might be way too much and just the down or just the gore-tex might be fine. We're expecting more rain this week, so it will be chilly for a bit longer.

We are from Nebraska and made the mistake on our first trip that we would be fine in t shirts and no layers (60 degrees). We each bought sweatshirts that first night and were still a little chilly! We are going in 3 weeks and plan to take leggings, and jeans, plus hoodies to throw on once the sun goes down :) We have never felt that we needed hats or gloves, but we regretted not having jeans!

Well, I'm from Canada and right now it is -30c (-22F) Anything will feel warm compared to this lol. I also run hot. I will probably be wearing a thin wind breaker type jacket or hoodie with a t-shirt underneath. I will be bringing a backpack.

We leave in 6 days (EEK) and are leaving snow behind. I did buy the waterproof booties for over sneakers that were recommended even though the forecast shows sunshine. I run hot as well but i plan on layering and bringing shag lined hoodies for my son as well as hats and gloves. I think we will be good and we are staying at HOJO so we can run back to the room if necessary for more layers.

Ah, I love to see my Disney tribe being equally cold! I belong to a fashion group on facebook and asked about cute hats since the weather has been rainy, and (seriously) almost everyone said something along the lines of "why would you think it would be cold enough to wear a hat? No one wears a hat here. It's not cold enough for hats and beanies!"

I'm packing jeans, cardigans to layer, and my fluffy (3-in-1) jacket, along with a beanie and gloves, because I AM A COLD WEATHER PANSY! Oh, and an umbrella.

We'll be there in 4 weeks - my kids seem to think 60 degrees is plenty warm, but I will be packing some layers. It'll be our standard 'no idea what weather will really be' packing job: 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of shorts; 3 tee-shirts & a sweatshirt. I'll add some water-proofing by way of ponchos and/or jackets. I'm more concerned about footwear because the kids have been growing. Debating rain boots or new sneakers and waterproof booties/covers. So many choices!

Ah, I love to see my Disney tribe being equally cold! I belong to a fashion group on facebook and asked about cute hats since the weather has been rainy, and (seriously) almost everyone said something along the lines of "why would you think it would be cold enough to wear a hat? No one wears a hat here. It's not cold enough for hats and beanies!"

I'm packing jeans, cardigans to layer, and my fluffy (3-in-1) jacket, along with a beanie and gloves, because I AM A COLD WEATHER PANSY! Oh, and an umbrella.

I lived in Northern California for years and had to have my sister send me cute knit winter hats from Buffalo because I could not find them in CA. I was in Tracy and it was cold in the valley!

We try to pack light going into the park, so if a midday return to hotel is in the cards, I suggest splitting up your outfit accordingly.

I run warm, and am often carrying my DD4, so I'm in jeans and a t-shirt during the day for 50-60 degree weather. In the evenings, I'll bring along a sweater when it dips down again.

Since it's a bit of a wet streak going on, I'd suggest a light waterproof shell that you can store compactly. Don't get caught buying the overpriced Disney piece of plastic poncho!

... Don't get caught buying the overpriced Disney piece of plastic poncho!
I agree that bringing your own gear is preferable, but the one good thing about the Disney ponchos is that, if they rip in the parks, they can be replaced for free at the shops in the parks. (And, if you take good care to dry them out afterward and keep them folded in a zipper bag, they can last up to a year in the park backpack for protection on water rides!)

Jeans, lightweight long sleeve, sweatshirt/hoodie/jacket for morning and evening. I've been 3 days in the past week and only took the outer layer off one day. Yesterday, kept the hoodie on all day. Most people are wearing long pants and long sleeves. Some have t shirts, a few have shorts. But if you will be there all day, you won't make it in short sleeves or shorts. It is COLD. Has been going into the 30s at night. Not looking like it's going to warm up in the next 2 weeks.It feels nice when you are standing in the sun, but it's cold in the shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!