What are these steps.....?

Pease in a pod

Earning My Ears
I have a 9 yo son with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy who uses a wheelchair and cannot walk. We can help to lift and move him but found getting in and out of rides that you step "down" into to be to hard to get him out of and then I read a description from Sue about steps on Navi River. These sound quite do-able for my son. We can lift him up or down a step at a time. Do they have these steps on other rides, like splash mountain maybe? I've never heard of them before. I must be out of the loop. :-)

The bump steps? Here is a post from Sue with a picture: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pandora-rides.3593133/page-5#post-57682284
I believe the intent is similar to bump steps sometimes used to access a swimming pool -- transfer from the wheelchair to the top step, then "bump" your butt down the steps and onto the seat in the ride vehicle . Exit is the reverse, pushing yourself up each step and back to the wheelchair. I'm not aware of these at any other ride; maybe others know for certain.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!