What are the Universal "Must-Have" Snacks?

I have a question about the candy in Honeydukes. Can you have it sent to a hotel? Or have it shipped home? My kids really want chocolate frogs when we go....in August.........:crazy2:

Most things in the parks that you buy, can be sent back to your hotel room if you are staying onsite

Day guests can buy park merch, potter candies, etc and have it sent to the front of the park to be held for them

They pick the items up at the end of the day or when they are ready to leave the park

Free service for all park guests

I use it all the time as I don’t want to carry items with me during the day

I have a question about the candy in Honeydukes. Can you have it sent to a hotel? Or have it shipped home? My kids really want chocolate frogs when we go....in August.........:crazy2:

Chocolate Frogs come in a prepackaged box. You can get it sent back to your room if you are worried about it melting.

The donut sundae was amazing. My daughter got it for breakfast one day. The also loved the Flamin Moe. They are looking forward to trying the cotton candy in Suess Landing this coming trip.

For drinks, we love Frozen butterbeer, otters fizzy orange drink, the tongue tying lemon squash, the pumpkin fizz, and the peach tree tea. For snacks, we love the earl grey and lavender ice cream, The Salted Caramel Blondie ice cream, and the big pink donut. My husband also likes the clotted cream ice cream, but it is quite sour.

Milkshake or sundae at Toothsome; a treat at Schwab's Pharmacy when open; Voo Doo Doughnuts; Drinks at Hog's Head Pub (Strongbow Cider with a shot of 'Fire Whiskey' or the Hog's Tea); cupcake at Krusty Burger; Butterbeer potted cream; and Chocolate-covered pretzel wand at Honeyduke's

The large gummy fried eggs in Suess Landing. I love the Harry Potter stuff but at $4.95 the gummies beat it most days. Something that is not in the park but a must do is Voodoo Donuts.

I love the Fizzy Orange drink in the Harry Potter sections.

Also, on our last trip we discovered Pumpkin Pasties in the bakery in Diagon Ally behind the Weasley joke shop. THey are so good with the pumpkin juice. And, I hate pumpkin flavored things but both of these are amazing!!!!

Can anyone tell me if the Pink doh-nut is safe for someone with a peanut/tree nut allergy? Thank you!

Also, on our last trip we discovered Pumpkin Pasties in the bakery in Diagon Ally behind the Weasley joke shop.

Yes, like them as well. We made the mistake of putting them in our backpack and walking around with them a while before eating them. They got flattened so they lost their light flakiness but were still really tasty.

Anyone have any good savory snacks? Sweet stuff does NOT sit well with me or my kids in the summer heat.

Like someone else said before, I really like the scotch eggs at the HP QS places. I had never had them before and really enjoyed them.

I loves me some butter beer. The pink donut was on the kids To Eat list last year and we never managed to pick one up. That will have to get higher priority this year.

Also, on our last trip we discovered Pumpkin Pasties in the bakery in Diagon Ally behind the Weasley joke shop. THey are so good with the pumpkin juice. And, I hate pumpkin flavored things but both of these are amazing!!!!

Yes, like them as well. We made the mistake of putting them in our backpack and walking around with them a while before eating them. They got flattened so they lost their light flakiness but were still really tasty.

I heard a rumor the Slytherins cursed the pumpkin pasties, so you guys should just stay far far away from those nasty, dangerous, little things. You don’t want to eat those. You really don’t. It will be a sacrifice, and I know I’ll be putting my own life at risk, but I’ll take care of all of them for you. ;)

On another note, I’ve been thinking about the Butterbeer, and I think the biggest trick to enjoying it is to not drink it when you are overly hot, thirsty, and dehydrated or on an empty stomach. That may seem counterintuitive because it is when you are hot that you want a nice cold drink. However, it is essentially a very sugary soda, and drinking soda when you are dehydrated will actually make you more dehydrated. You need a water based product with electrolytes for dehydration. Then you add all that sugar on an empty stomach, and it can really make a person feel sick. Try having a glass either with lunch or afterwards as a kind of dessert. After you have sat down, cooled off, possibly had some water with your meal, and have something in your stomach, you’ll enjoy it much more. Don’t try it for the first time when you realize you are about to pass out from the heat.

As far as the types, frozen is my favorite, followed by cold. I didn’t like the hot at all, and the ice cream just tasted kind of like soft serve vanilla to me, but I’ve heard of people making floats with it. I think I’ll try that next. It sounds good.

For a salty snack, I love the Auntie Anne’s pretzels. I know you can get those anywhere, and there is nothing really special about them, but I just really like them. I had never had one before and a friend introduced me to them. Now, I always have to get a cup of nuggets.

I heard a rumor the Slytherins cursed the pumpkin pasties, so you guys should just stay far far away from those nasty, dangerous, little things. You don’t want to eat those. You really don’t. It will be a sacrifice, and I know I’ll be putting my own life at risk, but I’ll take care of all of them for you. ;)

Unless you have an AP and are going all the time, you need the rest of us to keep the pumpkin pasty sales high enough to keep them on the menu.

Curse or no curse, we are all in this together. :teeth:

I’ll have to try the scotch eggs when we visit next year. They sell them at our local renaissance fair and they are amazing. Not the healthiest food, but lots of protein!

I didn’t like the butterbeer, either. My oldest daughter loved it but said frozen seems less sweet to her. I wonder how the frozen version would taste with rum added to it.

Finnegans makes perfect scotch eggs

I hit that place a couple of times for them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!