What are the Universal "Must-Have" Snacks?

i'm in the minority but butterbeer tastes suspiciously like diet cream of soda to me:rolleyes1, a must have for us is a cold draft at Finnegan's.

ok diet cream soda sounds nasty!! I heard that Butterbeer tasted like LaFou's Brew over at Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom. I tried one of the LaFou's Brew
lefous-brew-sign.jpg
and would not try it again. It was extremely syrupy sweet and had a sort of super-concentrated apple juice flavor to me. It definitely looked cool, but didn't quinch my thirst at all. Eight of us ended up sharing it, because no one wanted more than a sip! Can anyone comment if Butterbeer tastes this way?

ok diet cream soda sounds nasty!! I heard that Butterbeer tasted like LaFou's Brew over at Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom. I tried one of the LaFou's Brew and would not try it again. It was extremely syrupy sweet and had a sort of super-concentrated apple juice flavor to me. It definitely looked cool, but didn't quinch my thirst at all. Eight of us ended up sharing it, because no one wanted more than a sip! Can anyone comment if Butterbeer tastes this way?

I'm with keishashadow. Thought it was interesting for the span of 1 or 2 sips - the rest got dumped into the trashcan. I'd say a mix of cream soda and butterscotch candy. As far as your comparison - no apple juice concentrate flavor - but the "extremely syrupy sweet" that doesn't quench thirst is spot-on.

I think Butterbeer is okay. I prefer Pumpkin Juice but that does have an apple flavor. Makes me think of Thanksgiving. And I do like some of the elixers.

My family loves frozen Butterbeer and Butterbeer ice cream. It won't quench your thirst but it is good if you like cream soda and butterscotch. DH is very picky and he loves both.

Sounds like the frozen Butterbeer will be shared amongst the 4 of us :) I can't see any of us being able to finish a whole thing by ourselves.

Yeah butterbeer is not our favourite drink. We share a frozen one and that's more than enough. It does taste like a synthetic cream soda to me too.

Do like the ice cream better though.

I LOVE just plain non-frozen butterbeer. I never throw any out and I never share, lol.

Where do they sell the elixirs?

We LOVE frozen butterbeer. I'm surprised that some think it tastes synthetic.

You can buy the Elixirs from a stand called Eternelle's Elixir Of Refreshment in Diagon Alley. It's by the money exchange shop and the stage.

ok diet cream soda sounds nasty!! I heard that Butterbeer tasted like LaFou's Brew over at Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom. I tried one of the LaFou's Brew and would not try it again. It was extremely syrupy sweet and had a sort of super-concentrated apple juice flavor to me. It definitely looked cool, but didn't quinch my thirst at all. Eight of us ended up sharing it, because no one wanted more than a sip! Can anyone comment if Butterbeer tastes this way?

I've had LeFou's Brew and to me they are very different. LeFou's had a fruitier taste (with the tart topping... bleh). It was fine but it's not something I would order again.

Butterbeer, on the other hand, I will gladly drink in any of its forms and I've had it many times; I love it. Granted, I'm a fan of cream soda, but this is like the best kind imaginable. The warm Butterbeer tastes kind of like a latte without the coffee taste.

if i snacked all around the parks, i 'd have to be rolled out.

one reason i stay long enough there so i can snack daily

Frozen or hot b'beer. Though I tend to have to share mine.

ROCK CAKE. Rock cake with a hot coffee (with cream and sugar) from the 3 Broomsticks on a chilly morning (travel with us and you'll always hit the 30 degree days in Orlando!) is utter perfection.

Not a snack, but...veggie burger from Richters.

Has anyone tried the gilly water with elixers? I am having a hard time deicding if I want to spend that much on it. To me it sounds like bottled water with a crystal light flavor mix-in. haha

I asked a family how the elixirs were (they each had a different color) and all they could say was "well, they're sweet". I'd buy a vial for souvenir-value, but doubt if I'd drink it.

i'm in the minority but butterbeer tastes suspiciously like diet cream of soda to me

Have you only tried the cold? If you go more than 5 sips into cold b'beer for me it tastes fake, but frozen never hits that point for my tastebuds.

I heard that Butterbeer tasted like LaFou's Brew over at Gaston's Tavern in Magic Kingdom.

It has the sweetness, but Brew is MUCH MUCH sweeter to us. The three of us couldn't even drink ONE Brew (sadly, we had purchased two) but can each have our own b'beer if hungry.

Brew has a toasted marshmallow flavoring (no actual marshmallow), apple juice concentrate, and another ingredient which has orange and lemon juices, and mango and passionfruit juice concentrates. It's a much sweeter combo, to my tastebuds.

Frozen Butterbeer made me feel really sick after about half of it.

Our favourite has to be the Big Pink! Mmmmm, doughnut..

Frozen butterbeer.

Also the lemon slush they sell at the carts. Very lemony. And I like lemon.

Gonna try the donut and the butterbeer ice cream this time.

For me the cauldron cake had too much mousse, but you can take the cauldron home and make your own. It is reusable.

We love the Earl Grey and Lavender ice cream at Florean Fortescue's. I'm not saying that DD ordered it for breakfast one morning, but when in Universal...

Even with 3 years passed, butterbeer is still a favorite purchase

That and the big pink donut is what I stick with still

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!