what are the top things or reservations i need to make

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
hey everyone,

i am going to disney in april. i am looking for the top things to do.

if anyone can help me, i have twin 6 year old boys, and i want to make sure i reserve what ever is necessary for our stay.

i already know about cinderella's castle and illuminations, but is there anything else that i would need to make a reservation for that cannot be missed.

thanks
al

Never been to WDW with young kids, but they'll love Fantasmic at MGM. I recommend doing the lunch/dinner plan - if it is still offered - at Hollywood & Vine. It's a great buffet, kids will love the ice cream bar & other deserts.

chef mickeys buffet at the contemporary, mgm sci-fi diner,
pirate cruise (1hour&1/2 to 2 hour pirate cruise just for the kids at the GF, they take a cruise and hunt for treasure on an island and they get lunch a pirates hat and treasure chest. cant remember how) dd had a great time, and loved it:sunny:

I secon chef mickey's at the contempoarry for breakfast or dinner, sci-fi (your boys I'm sure will think it is very cool), fantasmic, and don't foget the new Wishes fireworks show at MK, it is increible, and spectromagic if it is running when you go. I bet boys at thsi age woudl really liek AK, too. Have fun!

I third the Chef Mickey's character meal. It is more interactive than many of the others and also has good food. Don't forget to get autograph books for each of the boys. (My nephew loved getting the autographs though initially he was embarrassed to say so because of his older brothers and cousins. )You can get the pens too but they are of poor quality. They are big though and the characters can hold them better. Test them before you buy and return to any stand to exchange if they quit suddenly. Bring a spare pen of your own for emergencies.

The dinosaur dig site at AK is great for kids this age and so is the bug's life playground at MGM?

We haven't done it yet but the campfire at Camp Wilderness sounds like fun as well.

Have a great time.

I'd use caution with Fantasmic at MGM, the evil villians can
be scary to the little ones. I've seen the fire breathing dragon
cause parents to exit with screaming little ones. six yr
old boy might not be effected, we opted not to take our
4 yr old. Just a word to the wise.

So much depends on your six year olds. Some will ride Tower of Terror and believe it not to be missed - others still think Peter Pan is too dark.

But, here are some things I'd consider...

A character breakfast (or other meal). For that age boys, I'd pick something that features Mickey. (need reservation)

Look into the Pirate Cruise out of the Grand Floridian. http://www.allearsnet.com/btp/grandadven.htm For a short trip, I wouldn't do this, but if you are staying a week or longer, its a nice change from the parks. (need reservation)

Autograph books. (you can buy them there or bring your own)

If your kids handle loud noises and late nights, fireworks. If they don't handle loud noise, you might want to try the MK fireworks from a distance - like the beach at the Poly. (just show up)

If your kids like to swim, a lot of pool time. Real daredevils may be ready for and enjoy waterparks (even not so daredevils may enjoy a waterpark). We like both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - but both is a little much for a single trip for us. (just show up)

Get a book out (Birnbaums for Kids is not bad for that age - you may have to read it to them) and figure out what rides hit their "top" list. (show up)

Teppanyaki is a fun meal for kids - the chef cooks in front of them. A lot of people have Teppanyaki style restaurants at home, so don't choose to do this at Disney, but if you don't (or are looking for a place to eat) this might be a good choice (need reservation).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter