What are the "to be missed" "not to be missed" shows.

tigger2002

DIS Veteran
Time is valuable at Disney.

What are the headliner shows, the "not to be missed" shows, that you really think could be missed? Which ones are just OK that maybe take a lot of time. Example: We saw the River of Lights show at Animal Kingdom and it was OK but it takes a lot of your time considering the long wait of getting in and time before the show. Actually I guess that is one that we liked but may not see again. So another question might be, which ones would you NOT see more than once?

We always skip Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid now. Those were one and dones for us. Nemo and Indiana Jones are hit and miss. It depends on what we are doing, how hot it is and if we saw it on our last trip. We also don’t line up and wait for parades anymore. Kind of over that. I hate wasting time just for a good spot. We just catch parts of it when we can. I also can miss Illuminations and be 100% fine with it.

We really like Fantasmic and my daughter is a Lion King super fan so those are the two we make sure to see.

Tough to be a Bug. We enjoyed it but I wouldn't do it twice.

It's really dependent on what you've seen already, and what is important to you on your current trip. On our last trip we focused mostly on rides with a few shows thrown in. Our next trip, we have a lot more time scheduled for shows (including the Up bird show LOL) and character meets and we'll focus on the rides my kids really love instead of trying to hit them all.

Not to miss -
AK - Lion King , nemo is very goo as well
HS - Frozen sing along is very good, Fantasmic
EPCOT - Illuminations (not exactly a show, but don't miss it)
MK - HEA,

To Miss -
AK - Rivers of Light, one and done, UP,
HS - Beauty and the Beast , Little mermaid, both one and done,

What one person will say do not miss another will say miss it.

I know that did not answer your question but it is true

It really varies from person to person and you know your crowd best. I’ve seen most of these shows at least a few times so someone who hasn’t seen them at all or travels with a different crowd then I do may have to prioritize differently.

MK:
I don’t really worry too much about any shows. If I catch the Trolley show, Dapper Dans, Philharmonic etc then great but if not it doesn’t ruin my day. I don’t make it a point to see the shows on the castle stage either.
I do like to see Happily Ever After but I will skip it if we’re tired or just don’t want to deal with the crowd.

Epcot:
If I catch any entertainment, great. If not, it’s ok. I’m over Illuminations (but I’ve seen it SO many times), so we’re at the point where we skip that most trips.
I do like to try to see Voices of Liberty at the American Adventure but that is a quick show.

HS:
I like Little Mermaid (that air conditioning makes for a nice break). I like Beauty & the Beast but will skip it in favor of doing other things if I need to. Same with Indiana Jones.
Fantasmic is a can’t miss for me (but if I have my 2yo with me then we don’t usually make it to that unless one of us goes back to the room with him).

AK:
I like Nemo and the Lion King. I don’t love the bird show. I could take or leave Rivers of Light.

Beauty and the Beast is our favorite show in any park with Fantasmic a close 2nd.

We also like Rivers of Light, but will only go when there are two shows. No waiting required for the late one.

We won’t do Up again.

What one person will say do not miss another will say miss it.

I know that did not answer your question but it is true

I agree. I was not looking for a definitive answer, just looking for opinions that might give me and others some new ideas or a different perspective.

I did not like Fantasmic, it bored me and it was a little darker than I thought it would be. I love HEA it was great, but it gets crowded. I also like Mickey's Philharmonic. We would skip Nemo it was fun to see one time, other than that it is way too long and I got bored with that one too.

For actual live action shows I’d say the two don’t misses are both in AK - Lion King and Nemo are both top notch.

For nighttime I’d say Happily Ever After for sure. I think Fantasmic is well done too. Rivers of light is awful. Illuminations is good but isn’t worth the price you pay for trying to get out of the park once it’s over (unless you can walk to your resort)

Nemo show at AK! So meh. The new Up show- I dozed off sitting on the bench watching it. Also, rivers of light, to me, is rather dull.

Voices of Liberty at Epcot bores me to pieces.

I can’t sit thru Indiana Jones anymore but it’s a must see for first timers!

Voices of Liberty, if you like acapella, are tremendous. Really talented.
If you don't care for acapella, then skip it.
Depending on the time of year that you are there, there are bands that play at the theater in front of the American Pavillion. We have seen some older Big Name groups play there. From Country to rock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter