What are the rules for AP Room Rates?

cascadecupcake

Disney Lovin' Michigander
This year we have decided to buy an annual pass. But, since we'll want to buy them when we get down there, I'm wondering if we are able to book our room as such now. Is it like the Florida residence rate where you just have to show proof when you get there? Also, where do I actually GET the annual passes? (I have a DC)

Thanks for the info!

Don't buy your AP until you know you have the AP rate. Then, you can order a voucher at the Disney Store or you can buy an AP when you get to WDW. Allegedly, you must show proof of an AP (or an AP voucher) when you check in, but we've never been asked. However, I would hate to have to pay rack rates, so I always have my voucher in hand during check in. By the way, you get a discount on your AP with your DC card. You can buy an AP at the Guest Services window of each park at WDW (not at any of the hotels.)

so I make my ressie asking for the AP rate. (even though I do not have one yet) Then I go to the Disney Store with my DC and buy the passes for which they will give me a voucher. I show up at check-in with my AP vouchers in hand. Then on the first day I go to the parks, I turn the vouchers in for the actual AP. Is that right? I really appreciate your help with this!:) Do my 365 days start when I BUY the voucher, or turn it in? Also, are the AP rates out for November yet?

Thanks a million!

cascadecupcake,

If you are from GR ( I see you like the Griffins) they do not sell the passes at the Disney Stores in our area. I have already checked. You can get the rate without having the pass but you will need it upon arrival. You can purchase them online I believe.:)

cascadecupcake, AP rate for Nov not out yet. Check mousesavers.com daily to see if there are any discounts, Also check the travel section in the Sunday paper to find any other discount codes.

Thanks so much for the info! I'll keep checking for discounts on mousesavers, etc.

And lakefront--I AM from Grand Rapids! On the southeast side in Cascade. WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! It's fun to bump in to neighbors on here! :p

You can buy AP at the Orlando airport or DTD.

you can also order the AP's from the Disney Club- if you're a member (and then they're discounted too!). They are good for 1 year from the first day you activate them at WDW- not from the day you purchase them. Oh.....I know lots of people say that they've never been asked to show their AP's upon check in...... But on my last visit to WDW in Nov. one hotel asked me to show it, and one did not! So- it's REALLY a good idea to have them before you check in, 'cos you just never know!!!!

I bought mine before we checked in at the Orlando airport Disney store & used my AP.

Originally posted by lakefront
cascadecupcake,

If you are from GR ( I see you like the Griffins) they do not sell the passes at the Disney Stores in our area. I have already checked. You can get the rate without having the pass but you will need it upon arrival. You can purchase them online I believe.:)

They DO sell AP's at ALL Disney Stores. They just don't keep them in stock. But ANY Disney Store can order them for you. You get the vouchers and redeem them when you get to WDW.

Anne

You can buy your A/P passes over the phone, if you are a DC member you can call the 800 number and buy them by credit card and they will send you your vouchers. I just did it this way for my April trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter