What are the restrictions on extended 2018 banked points?

This would be wonderful news!!!! So are we supposed to wait a few more days before calling to reallocate then???
It seems we can’t book with or reallocate the 2018/2019 points until after they’ve been extended. So for me, once I see my 2019 points put into 2020 I’ll know the adjustment has taken place. That’s when I will call to request the point reallocation.

It seems we can’t book with or reallocate the 2018/2019 points until after they’ve been extended. So for me, once I see my 2019 points put into 2020 I’ll know the adjustment has taken place. That’s when I will call to request the point reallocation.

Good to know and makes sense!!!! I guess I'll be stalking my dashboard to see when they reappear

This would be wonderful news!!!! So are we supposed to wait a few more days before calling to reallocate then???

April and June UYs have been told by end of week they’d be abailable

2018 will not show up online, but sounds like 2019 will. The use in current reservations for the 2018 is new information as of today.

Id give it until end of week.

Now the important part: She also said that I can absolutely apply the 2018 points to an existing reservation I have in July.
Fabulous news. As @Sandisw, and others have suggested, why can't DVC officially announce that, even if they just put it in a FAQ format.
Doing that would eliminate a lot of calls to MS, and members with other reasons for calling MS might actually be able to get through.

ETA: I should have said "fabulous news" IF it turns out that is the actual policy when the actual policy is anounced.

Last edited:

Fabulous news. As @Sandisw, and others have suggested, why can't DVC officially announce that, even if they just put it in a FAQ format.
Doing that would eliminate a lot of calls to MS, and members with other reasons for calling MS might actually be able to get through.
Exaclty. Because we have one CM reporting this today. Last week we got something different.

Tomorrow we could be back to hope. It’s frustrating

ETA: I should have said "fabulous news" IF it turns out that is the actual policy when the actual policy is anounced.
An official statement would be very helpful. I was apprehensive to call, but my impatience got the best of me. I’m hopeful that things will work out, but the inconsistency of information is not encouraging.

I just spoke with Member Services. She said the June UY 18/19 points are starting to be adjusted today, and should be done by June 5th. She said I should see my 2019 points put in with my 2020 points, and that I will have to call to use the 2018 points. Now the important part: She also said that I can absolutely apply the 2018 points to an existing reservation I have in July. She actually suggested this before I even asked. The rep stated that things are changing minute-by-minute, and that they have a chart to use to determine what can be done in each scenario, as each one is different. She did double-check that my July trip uses 2020 points to confirm the reallocation can take place, so I'm not sure if that is a factor. So here's to hoping the rep I speak with to use those 2018 points takes the same stance 🤞
I had a similar call this morning with the same info! Although he did try to bookin dining reservations for me, which I knew wouldn’t work.

On my call this morning, he said to call back starting June 6 or 7. No reason for everyone to jump on right away if you are asking just to reallocate those points to a different reservation, you don’t need to sit in a queue worried about them running out of space. Please note, he did say that you may not see those points online, they may only be visible to member services team. Also, the only points they are doing this for are the ones impacted by canceled reservations due to the closings.

On my call this morning, he said to call back starting June 6 or 7. No reason for everyone to jump on right away if you are asking just to reallocate those points to a different reservation, you don’t need to sit in a queue worried about them running out of space. Please note, he did say that you may not see those points online, they may only be visible to member services team. Also, the only points they are doing this for are the ones impacted by canceled reservations due to the closings.

Thanks for the info! I had 2 reservations that were cancelled by Disney so my points would apply. Good to know that I may not see the points online. I figured I wouldn't see the 2018 points. Hopefully I'll see the 2019 points that I was also hoping to use banked into 2020.

Keep us posted about getting those 2018 points reallocated into current reservations

Last week. members were told that would not be an option.

Hi, so new update for today-I have 53 pts from 2018-called today to make sure I didn't miss window for booking with extended points-I was told they are working on it and not to bother until the 6th to call back-seems updates will run until COB of June 5th. CM said points for 2019/2020 will be available by end of day june 5th, but b/c 2018 points will only show to CM and you def. have to call to use them, so to do it on the morning of 6th. I also asked about reallocating-he said I can totally do that, however my points for August trip (borrowed from 2021)will not go back to original use year-so instead of going back to 2021 use year, they will be put back in to 2020, would expire May 2021-CM I spoke w/seemed pretty knowledgeable-and i actually got someone on phone w/in 1/2 hr-so pretty good call!!!

Hi, so new update for today-I have 53 pts from 2018-called today to make sure I didn't miss window for booking with extended points-I was told they are working on it and not to bother until the 6th to call back-seems updates will run until COB of June 5th. CM said points for 2019/2020 will be available by end of day june 5th, but b/c 2018 points will only show to CM and you def. have to call to use them, so to do it on the morning of 6th. I also asked about reallocating-he said I can totally do that, however my points for August trip (borrowed from 2021)will not go back to original use year-so instead of going back to 2021 use year, they will be put back in to 2020, would expire May 2021-CM I spoke w/seemed pretty knowledgeable-and i actually got someone on phone w/in 1/2 hr-so pretty good call!!!

Thank for sharing. It does seem like good news this week that the info about not being put in current reservations reported last week was wrong, or DVC realized it was bad policy and reversed,

Regardless, if this holds true, it is good news for owners with 2018 banked points.

I assume you are April or May June UY?

Keep us posted about getting those 2018 points reallocated into current reservations

Last week. members were told that would not be an option.
To be clear, mine were June UY 2019 points from a reservation that was canceled after the banking window. This thread was talking about 2018 points, and maybe those couldn't be banked.

Activity:
  1. June 1 the points expired.
  2. I contacted MS and they said to wait until June 6 or 7, they are running a program to capture the points and put them back.
  3. June 3 I noticed that the points were showing on my 2020 UY and the activity notation was "Manual Adjustment Consideration for COVID-19 Impact to Bank pts = ##. Similar impact as banking points. The impacted contract had a balance greater than the current UY points.
  4. June 3 I called MS and asked to reallocate those"banked" points to my July reservation, and free up the equivalent points for the current UY in case I want to bank them to UY 2021 (the 2019 points they adj for COVID-19 would not have been bankable to 2021). I just checked online and it was fixed, all my remaining points are bankable to 2021, and the impacted contract was back to just the current UY points! And my July reservation for Jambo House is still in place!

So.......I am very very happy!!!

Thank for sharing. It does seem like good news this week that the info about not being put in current reservations reported last week was wrong, or DVC realized it was bad policy and reversed,

Regardless, if this holds true, it is good news for owners with 2018 banked points.

I assume you are April or May June UY?
yup we are june UY and had 53 points from 2018 that we thought we would lose-so glad they changed policy-fingers crossed we can pick up a few nights somewhere!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter