• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are the crowds like this week?

Rita1965

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be in DL next Monday, and I was hoping someone could tell me what the crowds are like this week. That way I could set expectations. Hoping for nothing but sunny skies and low crowds all next week.

I'm sitting a few blocks from DL right now. I'll know for myself in a few short hours
I'll post later tonight what I think.

We were there on Friday, May 6th and it was crowded (but bearable). My biggest suggestion is to get fast passes. If you want to see the new fireworks show head down mainstreet towards the exit and stand on the right side of the street facing the castle. The fireworks go off all around and trees are not usually in your way.

Just got back from the park. Crowded, but then again I got there right after DCA closed and there was a rush to go into DL. Once in we hung out for the parade (awesome) and I thought that the crowd was bearable. No pushing or shoving and we had breathing room while watching the parade. The fireworks were amazing. The crowd to see that was considerably larger and most wanted to be packed into the hub. Tommorrow, I be there for the day and will know more about wait times.

Thank you so much for your reports. Trying to prepare the kids (and myself) for how crowded it will be. Normally we travel in October with low crowds, and if it hadn't been for the 50th Anniv this time would have been slower too. Now, if you all can order sunshine for me next week, I will be all set. :sunny:

Today the park was pretty full. But wait times on rides was still not anywhere what I have seen during summer. Bet. 15 minutes and 45 minutes according to the wait board. Many of the rides were not using the fastpass. We walked onto Buzz early in the morning. As well as splash mountain and Pirates. Short wait on It's a Small World. Later in the day I noted a 45 minute wait on splash while all the other rides were still reporting a 15-30 minute wait. The Parade seems to be a crowd pleaser as things thin out some while the parade is on. The weather is great this week. Hopefully it holds out for you.

Thank you again Steve. I really appreciate you sharing this with us. We are leaving Utah Saturday, and will be in Legoland, and Seaworld on Sun and Mon, then we will do Disneyland Tue-Fri. Universal on Saturday and then we head home. It is always nice to know what to expect crowd wise, so we will do Splash first thing in the morning.

Thank you again for sharing the information with us.

I was in the park today also and I would agree with what Steve said, it seemed crowded but not really big lines.
It is supposed to get hotter toward the end of this week, not sure about the weather for Monday.

This is good info - we arrive on Monday - going to DL on Tuesday, and DCA on Wednesday. Bought 2 day park hoppers so we'll probably go back to DL Wednesday. The rest of our trip will be "other" CA stuff. I hope the crowds are manageable...sounds like they are. I hope the weather is nice and warm. It'll be 87 today in NC - LOVE IT. I'm sure it won't be that warm in CA.

PamNC

It was 91 yesterday at my house -- northeast of DL, so I would guess DL was about 85. Today is equally as warm. I believe it is supposed to stay this way through next week with a slight cooling. Should be perfect weather!

We went yesterday and the weather was great. The crowds were heavy at DL but the crowds were light at CA. I was still unsatisfied with TL, not too many rides.

I was in the park on 5/13 (friday) and it was crowded but not too bad. We were able to get in a lot of rides without really bad waits. Saturday 5/14 the crowds were horrendous. Not so bad at California Adventure-- we got to do everything we wanted and used fast pass for a couple rides, but when we went to Disneyland park in the evening around 8pm there were tremendous lines to get into the park and then once you got to Main Street there was a sea of people. All the rides had extremely long lines-- I think I only did 3 rides in 4 hours. You could barely walk there were so many people at times. People were saying it was unusually crowded that night for some reason. I would think if you are going on a Monday the crowds should be fairly light.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter