What are the changes going to be on the Magic after dry dock?

martel-luv-wdw

Mouseketeer
Going Oct. 25-Nov. 1 2003.
Wondering if the shows are changing?
Kids program?
Will there still be a sports bar?
Should be wonderful/ and look new and clean.
Hopefully no norwalk/flu this year DGM has cancer, I worry about her on the cruise with us.

Hello!

The confirmed changes are:

Off Beat Club ===> Cheers themed ESPN Sports Bar
ESPN Club ===> New Teen Club
Common Grounds(old teen club) ===> Coffee Bar

Rumoured is the shows are going to get a shakeup, but nothing solid on what.

Disney is still remaining agressive on keeping the ship germ free.

With the ESPN bar being converted to Common Grounds, do you think the teens will be all over deck 10 above the adult pool now? I really liked it there, not much traffic, quiet place to read, very few kids running around. Do ya think this will change?

I also heard that they were going to enclose the tables outside of Topsiders at the back of the deck. Has anyone else heard this? I heard it at an imagineer talk on my January 2003 cruise.

Oh, I hope not! I love eating breakfast out there. (the made to order omelettes are the best!)

As far as Topsiders goes, I wouldn't mind if they just covered it and left the sides open. Would give more shade and possibly help keep some of the birds out when in port.

Originally posted by jrabbit
As far as Topsiders goes, I wouldn't mind if they just covered it and left the sides open. Would give more shade and possibly help keep some of the birds out when in port.

I agree with rabbit. I love eating out on the deck, but the few tables in the shade go quickly and there are too few of them.

Do you know if there will be a charge for that coffee bar? My DH is a Starbucks addict and we may have to save up extra for this! ;)

I promise to give a full report (maybe even from the ship) ! We are the going on the 1st cruise after dry dock!
10/11/03!!!!

Common Grounds is going to be in the ESPN club? Somehow I am not amused...I didn't like ESPN and Common Grounds is so nice! Ah well! At least they'll make it into a coffee bar! Coffee...COFFEE...COFFEE...COFFEE.COFFEE!!!! Okay, I think that might have been too much caffeine!

Okay, well I do hope that the NEW common grounds will be as nice as the old one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter